• Note globale

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé MATLAB ?

Filtrer les avis (1 634)

Redaet D.
Redaet D.
Microscopy Technican (Canada)
Recherche, 10 000+ employés

A must use in the biological world

5 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : I use Matlab personally to get quantitative data from micrscopy images. This allows me to report details in strucure and migration for cellular biology images. Although it's tricky when you first start using Matlab and it's counterparts, once you understand or look through the forums it's smooth sailing. Keep in mind if you plan on doing intensive analysis/calculations that's all possible with Matlab which has been extremly benefical for me but you will need a good computer. I find that some users play the software for lag/delays but Matlab is calculating such complex and small detailed analysis that the computer creates the delay in communication back to them. Overall without this program I would not have been able to 1)finish my Masters thesis and 2)provide support to my customers with my current job.

Matlab's additional plugins and programming abilities has helped with my research analysis incredibly. It's allowed me to measure details that have not been reported in the past and has allowed me to learn more about coding language. I used a plugin known as celltracker. When doing so I was able to launch and see the additional coding. This helped me customize other scripts I later created for my work because I was able to see the backbone scripts through matlab. It's a lot more user friendly than other softwares like Fiji or R but because the language is similar it made it for an easier transition for me personally.

If you're using matlab for graphing data I find that the coding and implementation of stylistics components a bit more complicated than say using Prism or R. Sometimes text background looks dated and trying to change it takes a lot longer than it should. A really nice feature is the 3D graphs that are produced through Matlab but sadly they are pretty hard to transfer to reports and publications unless you capture the graph at a specific angle or use a screen recording of turning the 3D graph for presentation purposes.

Eutimio A.
Eutimio A.
Student at National University of Loja (Équateur)
Logiciels, 5 001-10 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

The best tool for learning numerical analysis

4 il y a 5 jours Nouveau

Commentaires : Matlab allowed me to perform several exercises regarding numerical analysis, some examples of the implementations performed in Matlab have been; Lagrange Method, Monty Hall Problem, Gauss-Jordan Elimination, Newton-Raphson method, Newton-Raphson method.

Matlab has many tools and libraries that allow the user to perform exercises based on numerical analysis.

It takes some time to understand how matlab works, something that is particularly difficult for new users who want to start using this tool, but with some practice and time this complication becomes less complicated.

Thuffail T.
Engineer (Sri Lanka)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 51-200 employés

Best for mathematical modelling

3 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Annual and monthly data collected in businesses can be easily analyzed using this software. Machine learning can be used on available data to predict on future trends in market.

MATLAB is basically a coding software. The coding language is very easy to self learn. However a basic knowledge on mathematics and coding fundamentals is needed. Any person who is familiar in any computer language can grasp the techniques of using MATLAB. Therefore the codes can be debugged easily. This is a software that can be used in mathematical modelling for in engineering fields. In electrical engineering the software can be used to simulate control systems. It also can be used to do complex calculations that need many iterations. It facilitates the extraction of data from excel formats. Most data are stored in excels .Therefore mathematical analysis on data stored in excel can be easily done using this software. Therefore this is one of the best software for data visualization in a mathematical sense. Another advantage is the ability to use image processing and signal analysis tools for practical applications. These processing techniques can be performed on data by coding the fundamental methods of processing. This software can be used in building applications using graphical user interfaces.

The software can be used for analysis of large data sets .However the time to process or run codes involving large data sets may take few minutes. As a result more powerful computers with improved process speed should be used in some cases to get results from the software. The interface has not been improved in improved versions. The interface can be made more user friendly. Though debugging is comparatively is easy when considering other computer languages, it will be better if it can be further improved.

Mostafa F.
Mostafa F.
Project engineer (Égypte)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 10 000+ employés

Matlab is such a great tool for all engineers

5 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : A very great experience
I recommend it to anyone who deal with engineering and of course curious people

Great tool for analyzing, sorting, and simulating data. easy to understand and to learn it. In addition, it helps in plots and graphs and simulation scenarios I hope to see it applicable for smart phone as small app

Great library Easy to learn Easy to use Reliable Great accuracy

Orlando O.
Student (Panama)
Biotechnologie, 5 001-10 000 employés

The go to

5 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

This is the most widely known software in it's category, and for a good reason. It is so powerful and has so many different applications that I will be using it for a complete fluid and bio-growth simulation for my masters thesis.

It is very expensive. Affordable if the organization you're working at is able to purchase licenses, but if you're a single user it does become expensive.

Alessandro D.
Student (Italie)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 10 000+ employés

One software for everything there is

5 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : This is a monster software, full of basic functions and useful packages. If you're an engineer or are studying to become one, you've almost certainly heard of it at least once. I've used it to simulate complex systems, to solve partial differential equations, linear systems and non linear equations. I've used it for simple coding purpose and a lot more.

This software is incredibly full of features of every kind... I've used it for some time now, as I'm an engineer student, but I may have not used even a 100th of it's full potential. Matlab is not a simple programming language: it's a complex environment with tons of integrations. You can write some simple code, ok (and by the way if you're familiar with some other basic programming codes, you'll get easily used to it); it's designed to solve primarily linear algebraic systems, but you can also solve partial differential equations, evaluate frequency response functions... if you use the Simulink package, even non linear equations in block diagrams can be solved! Talking about Simulink, which is one of the packages I use more frequently, you can get to study (real) or simulate (yet to be built) very complex systems in a short time thanks to the fact that there are tons of ready to use subsystems (like, just for the purpose of citing one, a DC motor). As I mentioned, there are many useful integrations but, depending on what you need to do, you wouldn't necessarily need them... for instance using Matlab, some mates of mine from Student Team I'm part of, have developed an algorithm to evaluate the experimental drag coefficient of our prototypes. One more important thing to cite is the documentation: you don't know something, you're gonna learn it in no time. There is an extended documentation for every command and the software is very well supported by a large community.

Concerning the price... since I'm a student and, thanks to the welfare politics of my university I have free access to the software, but I've heard that some packages could cost a bit. Anyway this is really one of the most difficult things for me to review... I think you should evaluate for yourself if it's worth the price by downloading the 30 days free trial. Except for this I can't say that I've really found anything wrong with the program.

Emir H.
Emir H.
Senior Product Manager (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés

Interactive and efficient product

4 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Matlab is a simple and efficient tool that provides us with interactive features to easily construct machine learning and predictive models, deploy multiple models to enterprise IT systems, and access and preprocess data easily. We are using Matlab's comprehensive range of tools to conduct a variety of machine learning tasks, such as connecting to and importing data, quickly and easily. Matlab code can be generated by apps, allowing us to automate processes.

Matlab contains a user-friendly library that allows users to master the software in a short amount of time. Writing code is easier with our style, model training functions include hyperparameter optimization, which allows us to quickly determine the optimal parameters to tweak our model. Matlab is excellent in assisting me in creating files that I can share with anyone, wherever. It allows me to build a script and then share it with others so that they may open it in Notepad on their Mac or PC. The Matlab help system is excellent as they respond fast and solve their customer's issues. We'll discover pretty much every feature we'll ever need in the instructions.

For new users, the application is not very intuitive. It's considerably easier once we've gotten acquainted with the software, but it's difficult to just pick it up and start using Matlab. We can't write a lot of in-depth code with Matlab because it's more of a mathematics and engineering aid package.

CTO (Italie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

The "Photoshop" of data processing

5 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : We did a lot of engineering with matlab, and we still fire it up whenever there's some calculi to do. Data visualization / analysis / simulation / forecast can be done with many softwares, but who's the one where you can do it all and then more, in the same package and language? Matlab.

MATLAB is the swiss pocket knife for data processing, is does almost everything and you can program it to do almost everything you need. It does a lot out of the box, and by it very nature is expandable and programmable to do any math, engineering, data, whatever.

Online resources might be a bit outdated and refer to past matlab versions, and installing/uninstalling modules might be a bit clunky sometimes.

Dikshant S.
Dikshant S.
Graduate Research Assistant (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés

Excellent computational software. Need to improve the MATLAB app designer environment.

4 le mois dernier Nouveau

I use MATLAB everyday for data processing and visualization. Everything is smooth and very easy with MATLAB.

I used MATLAB app designer for developing an application. It’s very slow for multi page applications. This should be looked into.

Heetak S.
Heetak S.
Student (Inde)
Enseignement supérieur, 10 000+ employés

Review for MATLAB for education

5 le mois dernier Nouveau

The software is really great, it is well built, the documentation is good.

Not very good for non mathematical-simulations

Catherine E.
Student (Nouvelle-Zélande)
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur

Easy to use, Excellent documentation but Expensive Tool

5 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : If you are student, I would recommend that if you are interested in using this software, take note if your institution has a license to it and if you can get access to it that way. I would also recommend you identify what you expect to do with it and if you have the capabilities of running it.
I would primarily recommend this to professionals with decent computing power available to them and with large datasets to analyze and visualize.
Overall, I found that it was very easy to use and the documentation was easy to understand (even for a newbie like me).

Downloading and Installing Matlab was easy and simple. It was also quite easy to get started even as some one who was learning it as one of my first coding platforms. It is a platform that is heavily focused on data analysis and computing so this platform is NOT for developers or people looking to create an end-user product. I would recommend it for anyone with large datasets that can be represented or comprises of numbers. The documentation and community forum were excellent and often contained really helpful tools. The were a robust community file exchange that was amazing for finding code for specific tasks. Overall it was very easy to debug and learn thanks to the amount of great resources for it.

The greatest disadvantage of this software is probably the cost. Buying an individual license for the software is expensive and I would recommend that if this seems like the coding platform for you, you should check if your company or institution already has a access to it. It should also be noted that whilst the software has run on all of the computers I've installed it on, the wait time for it to load and allow you to get started can get quite long. The computing resources required to run it (depending on your needs) can also be prohibitively be large and since it is a propriety program there were no readily available cloud computing services that I could sign up to, to offload the computing. Short of renting server space and running a virtual machine, there were nothing like google colab for python for Matlab for example. The size of the program can also balloon in size if you download and install the add-on toolboxes without considering if you really need it or not.

Student (Pakistan)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, Auto-entrepreneur

MATLAB, One Solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problems.

5 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience with MATLAB is so good. It has so many good points that If I would highlight each and every point so the maximum word limit would cross So in a nutshell If someone wants one solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problem he/she should must try and install this software to feel the peace in life as you don't need to have so many software for different tasks to perform, MATLAB is there to help you in all fields.

When I just entered University, In the very first semester I was introduced to this software by my instructor. Initially, I learnt to apply basic mathematical formulas like taking derivatives, solving matrices etc but then almost in each semester I used this software in one way or another that's why I used to call MATLAB, one solution to all Engineering and Mathematical problems. We can solve all kind of mathematical problems either integration, differentiation etc on MATLAB. It also provides its user to simulate electrical, mechanical etc system on it. This software is verified and because of its high quality, we can simulate our designed projects on it and once that design project provides the desired output on MATLAB, then that projects implementation on hardware and the output will not deviate from the outputs we have gotten on MATLAB that's why often students use MATLAB for their final year projects. Besides, its other features it also provides the GUI functionality which I have incorporated in several projects. The mathematical techniques like Fourier series and Laplace transform etc, MATLAB provides the ease to implement it and get the infinite plotted results and better interpret the results by visualizing the data, not only two dimensional but also three-dimensional graphs can also be plotted on MATLAB. Above all, it provides the facility of coding and producing the desired result. So I said rightly it is one Solution to all Engineering and Mathematical Problems.

Overall the performance of MATLAB is quite good, it user friendly but the only problem which I have encountered is the installation process. As it is a bulky software so its installation requires approximately two to three hours of yours and have to follow the guideline which is provided in the software as in read me files etc. to easily install this software so this is the main task. Once You have Installed the software now you are good to go to enjoy its immense features.

Khoubeib B.
Student (Italie)
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 51-200 employés

Matlab use Review

4 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : i'm satistified in the overall experience but i would appreciate that they add some tools to make it more intuitive and easy to use especially for understanding what the problem are and where are they exactly, also their types more intuitive and precise .

it is a easy use product that you cant use almsot for porjects with teams and it is helping a lot in doing work in distance, we even did exams using this tool so i recommand so much.

i don't like just one thing about it, it is in the use command interactive menu, for example, there is a lot of tools that we can't use, it's not so intuitive sometimes and most of the time there is some problems to understand what the problem is exactly when you have a code error.

Caleb W.
Caleb W.
Post Doc Researcher (É.-U.)
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés

High quality, but not an automatic buy

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : MATLAB is a high quality and generally valuable for computational science and engineering. Nevertheless, it is sometimes hard to get MATLAB to do exactly what you need, due to missing features or a confusing programming interface. In the latter connection, its programming interface is sub-par relative to languages like Python and C++. Large organizations with wide-ranging and intensive computational needs may find it well worth the price. For small organizations, however, I don't think it is an automatic buy -- probably worth giving serious consideration to cheaper or open-source tools first.

MATLAB has a wide range of tools and capabilities that are valuable to computational scientists. Many features are general purpose (e.g., standard linear algebra routines, data processing tools, interfacing with other programming languages) and can be adapted to a variety of use cases. So I feel that one can count on it remaining useful even if an organization's computing needs change over time. It is a standard tool and widely used, so one can count on its reliability and portability. Due to its large userbase, it is also easy to find documentation and help information online (beyond MATLAB's own documentation).

I find the MATLAB programming language nonintuitive. Some features seem to be optimized for command line execution, i.e. statement-by-statement, and not for writing longer scripts and external dependencies. Someone accustomed to standard object-oriented programming (C++ as an example) may be frustrated programming with MATLAB. Their graphing and plotting is not bad, but it is does lack some desirable features. It has happened several times that I wanted to configure graphical output in a particular way, and MATLAB simply lacked the capability. So if graphical visualization is extremely important to your use case, I would recommend leaving room in your budget for a separate graphics software.

Gianetan S.
Gianetan S.
Assistant Professor in Computer Applications (Inde)
Recherche, 501-1 000 employés

The Harbinger of Engineering Research

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : MATLAB has been at the centerstage of our academic activities in general and research in particular. It has helped in solving research problems in the area of image processing. Medical diagnosis of various diseases, object recognition and character recognition are some specific areas in which MATLAB has been really useful. Now I am also researching in the area of data science. I have found it to be surprisingly and pleasantly useful in this area although people are making use of Python and its libraries and R for this purpose.

The abstraction of best of the cutting edge techniques scaled down to function level makes it powerhouse of research in the field of science and engineering. Input of data in the form of matrices make it intuitive to use and visualization of data makes it an extension of your own mind. It doesn't take much time before it gets you working with the lifeless data transforming it useful insights.

The black box approach of using functions wherein you are aware what the input and output of function is but not its source code is a double edge sword. Whereas it makes it easy to use the function per se but it also makes it difficult to customize software. The source code of the commonly used functions should be available.

Ashkan B.
Research Assistant (É.-U.)
Génie civil, 10 000+ employés

Essential for research

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I am a research assistant and I use MATLAB for different purposes. In fact, I have used MATLAB extensively for the last 4 years. MATLAB is one of the pioneers in mathematical programming, and one of the first things every engineer needs to learn. Researchers all over the world use MATLAB to solve mathematically complex problems and publish journal articles every day. Like any other programming language, there is a learning curve for MATLAB, but as someone who has tried different programming languages, I believe that MATLAB is one of the easiest yet most powerful coding languages. The great experience of the MathWorks team has made MATLAB almost perfect; however, as recently other programming languages are getting more popular, MATLAB needs to catch up with them.

MATLAB has a long list of useful commands. With these commands, one can edit text, solve complicated math problems, process images, and many more applications. Basically, any problem that is in some way related to numbers can be implemented in MATLAB. There are several useful built-in apps and toolboxes, such as signal processing, machine learning, optimization, etc. These built-in toolboxes are very handy and easy to use. MATLAB has one of the most comprehensive and helpful documentation I have ever seen. For any command available in MATLAB, you can find at least one example that shows every aspect of using that command. Even if you cannot find the answer to any of your issues, there are many people on the internet that can help you. As MATLAB has been around for a long time, there is a great community of MATLAB users all over the world. MathWorks has provided an official forum and it is called MATLAB central. In this platform, users can ask their questions and problems and they can share codes in the “File Exchange” section. It is almost impossible to face an issue and not finding the answer in MATLAB central. One of the good points about using MATLAB is that it frequently gets updated. These updates do not change the way user interacts with the software, and that is another positive point, because after all these years I am used to the user interface.

One of the downsides of MATLAB compared to other available coding platforms is its outdated code editor. There are many features that can be added to the editor section, such as the column text editor, and different themes. I personally love my workspace to be dark, and one of the first things I try to change in every programming platform is its theme. Although there are some personalization options available, they are far from being perfect and customizable. Collaboration or sharing the codes with other users seems to be a must nowadays, as most of the programming platforms provide this feature. Additionally, I believe the loading time of MATLAB should be improved.

Surendrika N.
Surendrika N.
Student (Sri Lanka)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

MATLAB for complex maths

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I have used MATLAB for three years. In those years I have learned about MATLAB as well as I used it to solve so many mathematical problems. It is reliable, fast and also easy to use. The majority of engineering students as well as scientist are using MATLAB to achieve their purposes. But the person, who is going to use MATLAB to achieve his purposes, should have a proper knowledge about MATLAB. If someone uses MATLAB for solving very easy mathematical problems, I think it is unnecessary thing. According to my knowledge I think we should have proper understanding on that language to get more benefits.

As we all know, we use so many programing languages like c, java, MATLAB, HTML to communicate instructions to a machine. When we consider about benefits of MATLAB, it is very faster as well as comprehensive. Engineering students most probably use MATLAB for solving complex mathematical problems. But this language is also very familiar among scientist because it also eases their works. MATLAB provides helps to user for facilitating their tasks. It has so many syntax and keywords for different mathematical purposes. It gives us a chance to create functions as our needs. Therefore we can make functions to solve problems depending on our mathematical problems. MATLAB can be used as a calculator and it is very reliable. So the point of my view, as a person who is using MATLAB, I think it is very essential for engineering students.

Though MATLAB is very essential to engineering and other students when solving mathematical problems there are some difficulties with it. It has great number of keywords for arithmetic. So it is difficult to memories all those keywords when solving problems. And if we get an error in our code I think it is somewhat difficult to debug. And the other thing is the time it takes to give us the answer. MATLAB is an interpreted language, so that it is slower than a compiled language. It means MATLAB takes some time to give us the answer. We have to wait for the answer. It cannot be bought freely and also people should have knowledge about MATLAB before it use otherwise it is not easy to work with this language.

Supun S.
Supun S.
Student (Sri Lanka)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

MATLAB - Matrix Laboratory

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I recommend MATLAB if you handle heavy mathematical problems in your career. Otherwise it is not needed for a person who handles complex mathematical problems rarely because of the high cost. This software is especially suitable for engineers, scientists and mathematicians. Since MATLAB is fast, powerful and accurate software, those people can ease their work using MATLAB. MATLAB can be highly recommended for the data analysis purposes because the software gives out very accurate output for the processed raw data. MATLAB is a great tool for the commercial use, but not for the personal use.

MATLAB is a programming language specially designed for mathematical works. From this software we can interact with complex mathematical problems such as matrix problems, functions, data analysis, plotting graphs, signal processing and much more complex engineering and scientific problems. Lots of mathematical functions are built-in with MATLAB. They can be use directly to solve our problems as our need. If the needed function is not available built-in, we can create one and save it for future use. Special keyword called “help” is designed in MATLAB to find the meaning of unknown keywords and how to use that keyword (i.e. If we want to find the meaning of keyword det, help det shows the meaning of keyword det and what can we done using this keyword. Also it shows how to use this keyword in MATLAB). There is a mobile application developed for MATLAB. We can solve some of the mathematical operations that are not much complex with the use of mobile application also. This option helped me a lot when the PC or laptop is not with me. Another advantage of MATLAB is the advanced user interface comes with software that eases the process of coding and debugging.

Since MATLAB is used to compute complex mathematical operations, there are many functions, keywords and syntaxes are used in MATLAB. Therefore it is difficult to remember all these functions, keywords and syntaxes in our mind. Much time is required for the installation process of the software even in a high end computer. Same issue happens when executing the program also. We have to wait some time until the MATLAB is loaded before working on it. Also it uses higher amount of RAM. Because of this we cannot run MATLAB smoothly in a low end computer. Since MATLAB is mathematic related software it cannot be used as general purpose programming language. MATLAB is commercial software and the cost for the software also very high. Therefore it is not worthy if we buy it without a proper knowledge on MATLAB and how to get the maximum output from the software.

Muhammad A.
Engineering technician (Afrique du Sud)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 5 001-10 000 employés

Matlab: The multi-paradigm computing software tool

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Matlab is an extremely powerful system modelling tool and development environment. Students and professionals that work in the engineering and science backgrounds will find this software invaluable.

The software allows users to perform complex computations (linear algebra, differential equations, integration transforms etc), system modelling, and develop programmed algorithms that can be executed and simulated. I used this software from my undergraduate days, whilst studying electronic engineering, to compute state space models of control systems and visually analyse control loops from their transfer functions using Matlab's programming script feature and graphing capabilities. I also used it to quickly develop, simulate (using the Simulink toolbox add-on), graphically observe and fine tune the performance of a PID controller which was much easier and quicker than manually calculating and plotting the solutions. Numerous mathematical processes that usually require multiple steps can be executed by a single prebuilt command on Matlab, e.g the [x , y] = cart2pol(theta, r) command converts Cartesian co-ordinates into polar co-ordinates; this greatly simplifies the programming and mathematical input required by the user. Since its latest update (R2019a), Matlab is fully capable of developing, simulating and training deep neural networks, autonomous systems and a lot more.

Due to its extensive capabilities, this software can be complicated and over whelming for first time users. The complexity also inflates the memory requirements of the software. The syntax, notation and structure to input commands requires some time to get used to. Sometimes, when trying to achieve certain calculations, it leads to error messages that require some time to understand and correct. In fact, users need to understand the basic rules of linear algebra first (matrix multiplication, addition etc) in order to perform calculations because this program treats all numerical inputs as vectors/matrices. Users will also need to have some programming capabilities in order to fully utilize the computational capabilities of this software, which is similar in structure to C programming, using the propriety programming language that is developed by MathWorks.

Chiranjib S.
Chiranjib S.
Summer Intern (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 2-10 employés

Essential for Engineers

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I started with matlab from my undergrad days and still use it on daily basis for simulations and numerical analysis in my research work. Many industries (like the cellular network industry) heavily rely on Matlab for system level simulations. In my opinion, translating a pseudo code of any given algorithm to a working program is very easy in Matlab.

Matlab is an essential scientific computing environment. It is a must have for all students studying science and engineering. The pros are-- 1. Easy manipulation of matrices. This is actually the main power of matlab. 2. Very intuitive way of writing program with no hassle of bookkeeping about data types, memory management, variable declarations etc which are essential for other programming languages. 3. Debugging tool is very easy to use. 4. One best feature is the GUI window for managing figures. A user can switch between the gui and the underlying code for generating any figures. This unique feature is absent in many of the advanced programming languages (like python or R, at least in the basic setup!)

The main problem is that it is not free. While the other open source languages have caught up Matlab in terms of ease of usage and availability of packages, Matlab is suffering due to its proprietary nature. A standard distribution of Matlab comes with a set of packages. For the other packages, one has to pay Mathworks for getting access. On the other hand, in Python or R, there are multiple packages available online and everything is free to use. After the recent boom in AI and machine learning, almost everyone has shifted to python to use the popular open source libraries released by several sources. Matlab being a proprietary software is failing to catch up to this fast evolving open source world!

Asad A.
Student (Pakistan)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés

About working of matlab

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I would state I've been utilizing MATLAB reliably for around 3 years, since my first year in doctoral level college. In undergrad, I may have utilized it a couple of times for a homework set. I say "I may have" in light of the fact that I don't exactly recollect that anything about it aside from that I had an establishment circle. My involvement in programming before MATLAB was some BASIC from youth and a smidgen of Pascal from a few courses in undergrad. My alumni counsel was an overwhelming MATLAB client, and my underlying knowledge with it included disentangling his MATLAB code for doing a few plots. In the meantime, I was taking a controls course which expected me to learn Simulink.

I esteem MATLAB. It is so smart and easy to make programming to do what you require. It has amazing exploring and profiling devices. It is cross stage, making code easy to share (expecting alternate people have forked out for the not by any stretch of the imagination unobtrusive allow). It has interfaces to other programming. In any case, there are a couple of things about it that chafe me. I'd get a kick out of the opportunity to get warning from different people what things aggravate them about MATLAB.

Supplanting subsref and subsasgn in a class is greatly awkward. The issue is this. Expect you override subsref with the true objective to change lead of obj(...). By then your subsref is moreover required the dialect structure obj.propname. With the objective for it to manage this viably (i.e. carry on the proportional as the intrinsic subsref) it needs to reimplement all of the checks for access confirmations that are normally done by the system. For precisely how precarious this is, see our rep's answer for my request here. Beside this genuine inconvenience, it's furthermore inefficient for each subsref to need to switch on the requesting type ('.', '()', or '{}') on each call, and for the system to need to collect a struct that joins the requesting type and furthermore the rundowns. To the degree I can see, it would be so much better if the various requesting accentuations called three unmistakable procedures.

Carlos M.
Docente de Matemáticas (Venezuela)
11-50 employés

It is an excellent dynamic software to make programs and graphs of simple and complex calculations.

5 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : the benefits with matlab has been very satisfactory because through this software I managed to perform four regression programs: Linear Regression (least squares methods), Nonlinear Regression (Newton and Rhapson, Ascending Steps and Marquart). This program served to present the work of promotion in the university, which consisted in taking the data of a researcher on the behavior of the size of the fish with respect to the time and to estimate the parameters of the mathematical model exponential of Von Bertalaffi to find the mathematical expression that calculates the length of a fish. The program made three functional representations: the analytical, the tabular and the graphical. With this program I was able to manipulate the data, change colors, thicknesses of the lines, place the main title and title to the axes, in addition, the results could be exported to the word processor for the final report. This program has also provided me with tools for teaching calculus with analytical geometry (subject of functions), differential and integral calculus, with the possibility of manipulating the results and visualizing their changes when changes are made in the functional analytical representation. With this strategy the student has a greater possibility to reflect on the representations of the functions and their results. When I had difficulties to perform a complex calculation or use advanced programs I was supported by the documentation included in the help window, where there is a great variety of programming examples and software commands.

It is a language of high level of technical computing that facilitates simple and complex numerical calculations, which also allows the graphic visualization in 3D and 2D of them. It has a wide application in scientific studies. Integrates numerical analysis and matrix calculation where problems are expressed in the same way. It has specialized programs called toolboxes highlighting in the area of teaching basic mathematics, financial mathematics, statistics, simulation of dynamic systems, among others. It is an ideal software to develop advanced control systems in the engineering area. Allows the control of fonts, Greek letters, symbols, subscripts and superscripts. Make presentations with animation, with supports of colors as it is desired by the user. It allows you to make impressions both of the created program, the calculation made, of the 2D and 3D graphics, results table. It allows to export and import images, graphs, tables and mathematical expressions. You can enter and extract data from the fmatlab quickly. It has a wide range of linear algebra functions, specialized mathematical functions, logical and arithmetic operators, elementary matrices and vector manipulation, special matrices, basic statistics and data analysis, polynomials and interpolation. It has a help folder for software operation through a manual that allows it to be used by all types of beginner users or not.

The software despite having a documentation of its commands: description, characteristics and access, it is necessary for the user to understand that to create a program and can be manipulated: change data, formulas, presentation of results, fix badly scheduled lines , you must first execute the tutorm command to save the file where you want it, and then return to the saved file and execute other commands, this process requires a lot of practice and for some users it is complicated, therefore they stop using it. have extensive knowledge of the integrals and their methods to solve.

Mariana S.
Student (Mexique)
Appareils médicaux, 1 001-5 000 employés

Perfect for a Biomedical Engineering Student

5 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Currently, MATLAB has been working perfectly for me, this software has lots of applications, it can be used for beginners and for more specialized applications. I highly recommend MATLAB.

MATLAB is excellent for engineering students because it’s easy to learn, there are lots of tutorials on the Mathworks page that you can use, as a beginner, another programming language can be overwhelming but that’s not the case when using MATLAB, the environment is very interactive and easy to learn, it´s perfect for analyzing data, image processing, signal processing, neural networks, dynamic graphs. The built-in functions are very helpful, and the function help gives you a quick explanation of how to use the built-in function, which is perfect, so you do not have to memorize everything. Another feature that I really love is the add-ons, MATLAB has lots of add-ons and toolboxes that you can install and use, personally the toolboxes for Arduino, Solidworks, Simscape, Robotics System Toolbox, and the Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox are my favorites and the ones that I use the most. Lately, I have been using MATLAB to export excel sheets and do some data analyzing, it would take hours in excel but I just spend a couple of hours to make a code and I run it and analyze new data, in addition, you can use the GUIDE to make a program for everyone to use. Also, Simulink is a very powerful tool that MATLAB offer us, personally I have used Simulink to simulate dynamic systems and the environment was easy and intuitive, I am very satisfied whit Simulink.

The only thing that I would not recommend when using MATLAB, connecting Arduino to read and graph voltage values, the data acquisition rate is just not good enough to get a graph as if you were using Arduino. If you want to store data and later do analysis it would work fine.

Atanu kumar S.
Graduate Research Assistant (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés

A Simple yet Powerful Computational Tool

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I have been using MATLAB for last 10-12 years. It is my day to day computational companion. I have been implemented several numerical solvers for complex equations and algorithms in MATLAB. Starting from simple calculations to very complex solvers, built-in MATLAB functions are always a plus point when compared to other coding platforms, such as C, C++, C sharp, etc. I also have used MATLAB for plotting scientific and statistical data for publication. It does a great job of doing what it is supposed to do.

Matlab is a versatile computational tool for a diverse field of physical, mathematical, and social sciences. The most important features of MATLAB are the simple user-friendly interface, tons of library functions, and a significant amount of examples. Starting from data visualization, numerical calculation/computation to solving machine learning algorithms, this software provides a very easy to follow documentation. Writing code in MATLAB is extremely easy and well guided. Visualization tools are extremely handy. Moreover, there are several toolboxes which can be helpful for different engineering application.

Sometimes the software can become very slow in performance. Depending on the configuration of the computer, it can take up to a minute to complete the initialization. Even though MATLAB supports parallel computation, the pulling of the parallel nodes may be time-consuming, therefore, not very useful for medium load computations. Sometimes the newer version may not support the library functions from the older version and it can cause unnecessary waste of time.

Alejandro daniel C.
Alejandro daniel C.
Desarrollador (Argentine)
Internet

MATLAB is the solution to make quickly and powerful programs.

5 il y a 4 ans

MATLAB is a very complete suite to make programs using a simple language and with an very intuitive workspace. Although is simple, it's very powerful, and have a lot of toolboxes that you can install for specifics themes, like electronic theory, image processing, digital systems, etc. You can also create Graphic User Interfaces whit the wizard that MATLAB has. This is simple because you don't have to manipulate graphic libraries, and you don't have problems if you change your platform, I mean, you can start a program in OS X and you can open it in a Windows environment. If you have a little knowledge of C/C++/Java, you can start using MATLAB and write simple programs just with open the app. Also it has powerful complements like SIMULINK, where you can study the response of electrical circuits by drawing them with boxes and lines, very intuitive.

I work a lot by making Graphic User Interfaces, because the independence of any graphic library, but I dislike that when the GUI started to grow up and have a lot of things inside, MATLAB start to work slowly and sometimes, you have to reboot the program. Also I work a lot with microprocessors, programming in C/C++, and when I have to return to MATLAB, I need to "translate" the C/C++ codes to MATLAB code. Another thing that I dislike is that you only can have one function per file. I mean, you can't make a library all in one file, and if you have a big project, you have to have a lot of different files and the size of it start to grow quickly.