15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Edsby

Edsby est une plateforme cloud d'apprentissage numérique moderne conçue pour répondre aux besoins uniques de l'enseignement primaire et secondaire à l'échelle des écoles, des départements/régions et du pays.

En savoir plus sur Edsby

Even though Edsby has a file management system, I can easily integrate Google Drive and other tools within it.

Edsby - Notes

Edsby a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 150 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Edsby ?

Aaron
Lecturer (Canada)

It is exactly what I've been looking for.

The ease and familiarity of a social media platform with the security and transparency of educational software. I can respond to my students questions from anywhere in the world at anytime and I know that our interaction is transparent for their security and mine.

The gradebook takes some getting used to and doesn't have all of the functionality of a dedicated platform.

K-12 Social Networking Based LMS

Commentaires : Overall, the Edsby platform excels at social communication and K-12 school management. I wouldn't necessarily call it a proper LMS just yet because it only recently added the functionality to build asynchronous courses and import SCORM based learning modules.

The company is based in Ontario, Canada and focuses on K-12 education which is exactly where my school lands. As a result, many of the changes and customization are geared towards my school. Most the major LMS companies are based in the US so their focus is naturally there.

It seems like the number of customer service staff has not grown at a rate that can accommodate the number of clients that Edsby is accumulating. This has resulted in excruciatingly slow response times, especially around September and October.

Romil
IT Helpdesk (Canada)

Educational Facebook

4,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : All the manual calander work is gone. Everything is posted on Edsby. Just login and find all the information for school. Really good for parents to keep track of everything their kids are doing.

Its the best platform for students. We don't need to provide Mailbox to the users. They can see all school activities on Edbsy. They can communicate with anyone in organization.

Sometimes it gets really slow. In general support is great but when we need a timeline to resolve the problem, they don't have it. It takes some times to get the new release out.

Graham
E-learning, 10 000+ employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Good in single classes, too labyrinthine for a whole courseload.

Commentaires : I've taught and learned via a host of LMSs, and as currently configured Edsby just isn't up to scratch for complete online learning. It works well enough as an adjunct to in-person learning, especially at the elementary level. Parent contacts works well, although my own classes are missing emails and I'm unsure why that is. I haven't used the gradebook yet so I can't comment.
If I was to ask the dev team for 2 things they would be:
1) Make courses pinnable, and possibly even mutable. Allowing user customization will go long way.
2) Separate tasks and discussion. Student comments should never bury teacher announcements.

Generally intuitive and clear. Student and parent contact info is easy to find. Posts are easy to make.

It is remarkably easy to get lost or miss important items as a user of any type (teacher, student or parent). There is no ability to prioritise certain classes or threads, and the only way to post items is in the rolling general chat thread. The pinned item space is a limited area in the left margin, so to find anything you have to (1) go into the correct class/course and (2) scroll down past all other posts (including student chatter) to hopefully find the right thing in the timeline. If students or teachers are registered for multiple classes, there is no way to pin, prioritize or re-organize the order of classes, either for yourself or for your students. This means that 'Homeroom' is buried under a mountain of inactive classes or classes I'm no longer teaching.

il y a 3 ans

I'm sorry you're having an unsatisfactory experience with Edsby. Edsby was built in Ontario for the needs of Ontario educators. If you haven't used Edsby's ON Ministry Growing Success-friendly gradebook, you're missing a huge part of the value of Edsby. Re: ordering Edsby classes and groups, click and drag them on your Edsby desktop into any order you like. Your reordering is respected on all devices. And if student discussion in your classes is undesirable for how you want to use your classes, turn off the ability for students to post. Your choice as educator. Avail. in the Setup menu in each class. If you want to encourage student discussions or collaboration outside of your class containers, i.e. if you want to keep them teacher material-only, consider using Edsby Groups. Happy to walk you through specifics of the above or other perceived Edsby shortcomings. Post questions in the Edsby Feedback group in your Edsby system or write us at support@edsby.com.

Vice Principal (Canada)

Best K-12 LMS I've Seen

Commentaires : We run a school of nearly 900 boys. We communicate with parents and students. We run online courses and we managed to remain fully active throughout the COVID 19 pandemic without missing a day of class.

The set up is very easy, the functionality is incredible, and the end user experience is great. Whenever I show new teachers how to use Edsby, they are amazed at how simple it is and just how many features they can use to enhance their classroom experience.

There are a few customizations that would be helpful - the messaging feature could be improved with the storing of messages in folders for easier access for example.

Darryl
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés

The Best Educational Management Tool Solution

Commentaires : I find Edsby is the ideal all in one classroom management tool. Edsby allows me to present lessons with a variety of image and video formats, evaluate, post results with comments in a way that resonates with students and is accessible to parents.

1. Intuitive layout 2. Very user-friendly for both teachers and students 3. The ability to incorporate various attachment formats such as .jpeg hyperlinks and .wmv files

I wish when accessing assignments for marking in the grade book the list on the right-hand side would show I have marked it and not require I click on the assignment on the list on the right in order to affect the number of unmarked assignments. I open the assignment and add comments by clicking on the assignment from the list on the grade book screen.

We have had Edsby since its inception. We are pleased with most of what it does and aspires to be.

Commentaires : It connects teachers, students, and administrators together in an effective way. It is a very good student management system and interface that has the potential to be great.

The connections that it allows among families, students, teachers and administrators. The overall look makes sense with grades on one side, the feed in the centre and the courses and libraries on the other side. It is easy to read and fairly intuitive. As an administrator, I like that I can see most everything so with one piece of software, I can get a good sense of what is going on overall but I also can get granularity, as I need. I like the ability to Broadcast messages. I like the ability to get an overview of a student, current as well as past, and a peek into the future re: courses and grades. The Report Card feature works well.

NUMBER 1 by far: There are no administrative master switches to do things such as turn off all grades or make them universally the same for all classes. There are certain times of the year that the look for parents and students should be the same. I either have to get each teacher to do it or give someone access to get it done for everyone. This is annoying. The inability for Edsby to change from day to day re: schedules - so attendance is often difficult to get correct. There is not enough flexibility to do so on our end. So the entire product looks shoddy to parents and students because times are rarely correct. It is tough for our attendance person to determine who is at school and who is not. The calendar is cumbersome. It takes too long to enter items and it is no easy to read. We have to use a separate calendar system. Messages are difficult to sort through (though the new sort feature is a great addition). Looking at past semesters is not easy. There are too many clicks. A single screen with all past grades and links from it would be much better.

il y a 5 ans

Thanks for sharing your views on Edsby. Am pleased to share that your number one concern is unfounded - there IS a way in Edsby to do what you seek: you can push class setup options from a course model. Our head of customer success would like you to contact him so he can describe how to do this so you never have to manually do this again! He'd also like to find out more about your schedule concerns. You can reach him as bob(at)edsby.com or toll-free: +1 (877) 337-0070.

Jessica
Science Teacher (Canada)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 51–200 employés

Excellent LMS that organizes learning in one place

Commentaires : Overall, I have had an excellent experience with Edsby because of how it organizes all of the important educational resources into one place. I also appreciate how many different features it offers, including courses and groups, and look forward to trying them all out in greater depth.

Edsby is a one-stop shop for educators. It combines all the basic everyday functions, like taking attendance, updating daybooks/lesson plans (journal), and assessing learning, into one convenient place. The journal feature is especially useful as it allows students to follow along with a course if they are absent, saving teachers from needing a "what you missed" folder. In the journal entry, teachers can type up the class agenda, include links to resources, and attach any necessary documents. For evaluation, the Edsby Gradebook allows teachers to set up course breakdowns at the beginning of the year (easily copy from one section to another) and then create a wide variety of assessments that directly get entered into the Gradebook or formative assessments that allow educators and students to track learning over time without impacting a grade. Edsby also allows users to select various methods of assessing learning, such as letter grades, percentages, learning skills, creating rubrics, or simply entering a "mark out of". Then a variety of reporting formats are available, including generating a report of incomplete assignments or filling in report card comments. Edsby also allows for creating whole courses that can be shared between teachers, a feature I am still exploring. Outside of courses, Edsby's groups allow for collaboration between teachers and students. Professional Learning Communities are especially useful and allow teachers to share resources.

Though Edsby's messaging feature is convenient for communicating with students and parents, the interface is not as well organized or sophisticated as other messaging platforms. Not being able to sort chats, rename a group message, or thread messages makes it difficult to organize messages. The Edsby phone app is also difficult to use. The interface is clunky, making it difficult to navigate to the pages one is looking for.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for your review, Jessica. Glad that Edsby is checking so many boxes for you.

Pauline
High School Teacher (Canada)

Edsby for the Classroom

Commentaires : Overall, Edsby has become part of our daily routine at home and school. It is utilized by students, staff and families on a daily basis to keep us connected and organized while providing the opportunity to communicate with each other at a time that suits one's schedule.

Edsby is an educator's dream tool for the classroom. It is an online system that provides the opportunity to plan, create, support and stay connected to each student and their family. Uploaded grades in the Edsby grade book are live as they are shared with a click so students have access to their overall grades at all times. Students have access to their results all semester long versus waiting for midterm and final reports. This enables students to access their learning outcomes and goals while gaining a better understanding of course weighting. As an educator, you can send a broadcast out to students and their parents to update them on upcoming field trips, projects and learning goals. A daily journal keeps students focused on what needs to be submitted as well as insight for students who may miss a day of classes. Edsby interconnects every aspect of learning in the classroom into one multifaceted online program to support the entire educational journey for both the student and the teacher.

The learning curve was not that hard and it did not take long to integrate this into our school community Looking back it was worth the effort to get everyone on board.

l’année dernière

Thanks, Pauline.

Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 10 000+ employés

Everything you need in one place

Commentaires : Edsby has been very easy to work with. They are responsive and work to find compromises where our district may do something different from the norm. The software has grown significantly over last 5 years and includes much more than we originally planned, making Edsby a powerful tool in our district for communicating with students and parents.

As a parent, I want to be able to see everything my students are doing quickly and easily. Edsby allows easy access to all of my students (I have 4 at 4 different schools!) from one dashboard for any grade level. It doesn't matter if I'm on the mobile app or in the browser, the information is easy to access. I can also reach out directly to their teachers. Recent updates have also enabled push notifications about class updates and messaging. My students enjoy it too as it makes it easy for them to keep up to date on what's going on in their classes - NO MORE SURPRISES! As a district software administrator, Edsby is incredibly easy to manage. The super search feature allows me to quickly and easily access student or teacher information when assisting schools with troubleshooting questions. Granular permissions make sure that the correct people have access to the correct information and not more than they need. EdsbyLink ensures that data imports match our current Student Information System.

New features come fast! Its hard to keep teachers informed of new features as they arrive and help them use the features to their fullest capabilities.

Angelica
French Immersion Teacher (Canada)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11–50 employés

Edsby is a reliable helper.

Commentaires : I work in education and with Edsby I can communicate with all parents, I have access to all the students information and data, I love the graphs generated and I am really looking forward to using it during interviews with parents. An image speaks louder than words abd EDSBY is an advocate for both students and teachers voices.

I loved the pedagogical documentation features.I can take a picture or a video of my student and all their hands on work. This is work that when my students would finish, it would be lost, the manipulatives would be placed in bins and their thinking would not be documented unless I would go around and had enough time to take anecdotal notes for all students on that project. Edsby saves me time, helps me organise my students work, values students voice and participation, helps record all of the assessment as learning done in the classroom.

I feel that the planner feature needs a lot of improvements. I would love to do all my planning online and then have a potential supply have direct access to them before coming to my classroom. It would also be a great tool to creating equitable working environments where all teachers use the same planners and are not "judged" on their technological literacy.

Pih
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Limitation in online evaluation due to limitation in symbols and math equations.

Commentaires : Most of the time very frustrating because it is not very user friendly. Often has display issue depending on what kind of electronic devices you use to work in.

Layout is standard across the board for every subjects for students.

Every time, when you move a unit, the assignments due date within the unit change to a default time due at 12:00 am. Best if the assignments due time default to at the end of the school date (3:45 pm or 4 pm) make more sense. When updating entries in "Planner" the screen does not stay at the date that was updated. Instead, it moves to the beginning of the school year. Very annoying that I have to scroll back down.

il y a 3 ans

Sorry to hear of your experience. The math equation editor in Edsby will be improved. The Planner already has had many fixes made that will be hitting production soon. A workaround in the meantime: edit in the Content Builder.

farrell
Science Teacher/Dept Chair (É.-U.)

Edsby For Middle School

Commentaires : Great for Online

VERY Student Friendly. Kids can easily navigate and find work

I wish the weighting of assignments and not just the points that could be scored.

Lisa
Parent (É.-U.)

Daily Classwork Progress

Commentaires : My children have been using Edsby in their elementary, middle and high school for several years now. It is easy to keep up with their school work, upcoming assignments, tests and grades. It is helpful when they are absent since teachers usually post their daily work. It has been a great tool to stay up to date with their progress in each class.

Easy to use and view all schoolwork. Stay on top of my children's daily work and know what their grades are.

When you open an individual class it will not allow you to view the graph and assignments at the same time. Instead you have to go back to the class to open them individually. It makes viewing much slower. It would be easier if once at the class you could view both.

Adrianna
Teacher (Canada)

I like that it's very similar to Facebook, a medium most people are familiar with.

Commentaires : Keeping parents informed quickly and easily. I try to post photos every day.

It's pretty easy to use. Similar layout to Facebook, which most parents are familiar with. Students can login pretty easily and get around.

Tech glitches: signing on via iphone app, parents being able to post replies to posts, parents getting personal messages sent, etc.

il y a 7 ans

Thanks, Adrianna. Re: some of your probs, are you using the latest version of the Edsby apps? And did you know parents can participate in your classes and reply to posts if you let them? In the Edsby class setup form, under Class Options, the Parents pull-down menu includes an option to let parents "enter class and participate."

Danielle
Administrative Assistant (Canada)

Excellent way to communicate

I like that parents have the ability to be as involved as they want in what is happening at their child's school. It is easy to use, from an administrative perspective, and also from a parent perspective. Students have the ability to stay up to date on all their work, even if they are away. They are able to communicate with their teachers and the administrators of their school.

I had a few issues with the classes not having room numbers last year, but that was quickly resolved! As of this moment, there isn't anything I would change.

Julia
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Edsby is a great school management tool

Commentaires : Edsby is a great teaching and learning tool, but it needs to move forward to be more user friendly for synchronous learning.

I enjoy the way a class is organized in different subjects and how teachers can be co-administrators.

There is no way to set up a post to be published in the future or to pin it to the top of the conversation.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks, Julia. To capture a sent post at the top of an Edsby class or group, hover over it (in a web browser) and select "Pin," like you would "Like", or "Reply." It's there. Looking at incorporating more features specifically for remote learning.

Carolyn

Positive with some frustrations

Commentaires : Communication.

Communication with parents, students, and staff is easy. I use the calendar daily in order to make note of due dates and provide message reminders regularly. Having an outlet to post important documents is also highly valued.

Seeing student marks is challenging; the print versions are poor as printing marks are not visible and print templates lack space to write information. Viewing data could also be more user friendly. It would be nice for learning skills from Report 1 to remain in place for Report 2 as well.

Dianne
Academic Administrative Assistant (Canada)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11–50 employés

Satisfied Edsby user.

Commentaires : As the Academic Administrative Assistant, I find that Edsby is a great office tool for communicating to parents, students and staff.

Teachers can take attendance and send it to the office easily. I like being able to send messages to students and parents.

It is hard to find a thread of conversation in messages and I am not able to forward a message to someone or add a person to the conversation thread. It is sometimes difficult to maneuver from student to student when comparing or updating information. The same for parents.

Tomas
Head of Computer Science and Technology (Canada)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 11–50 employés

Great tool to track student's learning

Commentaires : I think Edsby opens the communciation with students and parents, students can upload their own work, see teachers feedback and refelct on the feedback. all this process is esay to document and share.

I like the features that allow me and my students to communicate feedback and check progress of activiites. Students and I can record multimple evidences of learning and create conversations based on the evidence gathered.

Sometimes uploading times and response of server is slow.

Robin
Parent -- & -- Customer Relations (Canada)
Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

Appreciate being able to connect with teachers but not as easy to do as it should be

Commentaires : Better way to communicate with teachers to ensure messages get back and forth and can have a few communications before the child even gets home from school

Love the ability to: - connect with teachers - see homework & due dates - see extra learning materials - child being able to hand homework in

I find navigation not always easy to do to find teachers or materials. I've tried to message a teacher to ask a question but had to look for an old email to reply to it instead of starting a new thread of conversation I'd appreciate it being very easy for my child to look up their schedule and what school day they are on for the upcoming dates Practice materials would be SO awesome to have sinc KPDSB doesn't like their students having homework in the Primary grades - afraid of parents doing the homework -- understandable but then my child comes home with results less than their capability without having some practice to help understand the materials. Thanks

Kevin
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Edsby review

Commentaires : I enjoy using Edsby as a means of communicating with students and parents.

Easy to use and helps meet the needs of classroom teachers.

Messaging system should be more like email. Deleting and forwarding messages. Report card functions not reliable. Must have folders to store and retrieve comments.

il y a 2 ans

Appreciate you using Edsby, Kevin, and for sharing your thoughts on it here.

DANIELLE
Administrative Assistant (Canada)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Makes school admin a breeze

Commentaires : It makes my job easier!

It's so easy to use when monitoring a school of 650 students and thousands of parents. It's also easy to explain to parents, some of whom do not have a lot of computer experience. It's user-friendly and effective.

I sometimes have a hard time searching student names. I'll type in a name that I know is there, but it won't pop up. Mostly it works great.

Marc

Edsby Gradebook

Gradebook is a game changer. The fact that it self-populates at report card time is amazing.

There are frequent problems with sending attachments to students.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks, Marc. Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the Edsby gradebook, an important but relatively small part of the overall Edsby platform.

Alicia
BRIDGE Area Director (É.-U.)
Philanthropie, 11–50 employés

Good Learning Management System With Lots Of Potential

Commentaires : Edsby is trying to be a leader in LMS offerings. They do make a compelling case for how effective they have been in large and small school districts. You will need support, but they are responsive. If you have the manpower to have someone that can really explore the additional features and then provide staff training with strong, clear parent communication it will be tremendously valuable to any educational environment.

Edsby is a LMS that in its most simplistic usage allows effective recording of grades and other classroom information. Once in place, it’s a constant communication tool between staff/parents/students with a user friendly interface.

It requires a dedicated trainee or a decent amount of tech support to customize beyond the most basic usage. Most end users outside the school never access most of the additional features. It is not easily used as a replacement for easier and faster SMS communications.