Avis clients sur EpicCare EMR

En savoir plus sur EpicCare EMR

Un logiciel de dossier médical partagé pour soins ambulatoires à la fois rapide, adapté aux médecins et conçu pour organiser les données des patients à l'aide d'outils de gestion des commandes et d'examen des dossiers médicaux.

En savoir plus sur EpicCare EMR

It can be very overwhelming at times. Hard to grasp some of the functionalities and the different templates that epic has.

EpicCare EMR - Notes

4,0
4,0

EpicCare EMR a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 294 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé EpicCare EMR ?

Kyle
Kyle
Medical Assistant (É.-U.)

Possibilities are unlimited

Commentaires : I have been using EpicCare EMR for over 2 years not and there isn't much bad i can say about it. Compared to most other EMR software out there it is far ahead of its competition. It's simplistic yet versatile design has made everyday challenges much easier for both healthcare employees and its patients.

Epic is extremely versatile in its ability to provide a lot of functions to its users in the healthcare settings. With its new updates setting up orders for patients have never been easier. From medication reconciliation to appointment scheduling to its organization of encounters and medical history, there isn't much epic cannot due.

Customer support/service is not very receptive to user friendly changes that are requested when it comes to simple tasks that could be made easier by the input of a button or checkbox in certain areas. Downtime for service is can also be problematic if it needs to be performed during work hours which has happened a few times.

Renee
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 201-500 employés

Epic is good!

Commentaires : What our practice is solving with Epic is the hunt for medical records and patient information. The switch has made it so we are more efficient with our patient care.

I like the ease of use. Everything is pretty self explanatory and using the software can cut down on time spent doing any one task. In our practice, we converted to share the EHR system with a local hospital and its practices, cutting down on any type of hunt for medical records

Yes, there is more than one way to do everything, but the process in which to get from point A to point B can be frustrating and long. A lot of clicking and doing things you may have already done before. If you know how to get around it, it can be easy, but those who struggle with technology might not find it as easy.

Jessica
Manager (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 5 001-10 000 employés

Ability for complete healthcare management via one software is a game changer.

5,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

As both a clinical, healthcare worker and healthcare manager, epic is very much the ideal EMR. Not only is it easy to use and train new staff on but having everything needed for different positions within the clinic and hospital is extremely valuable. being able to customize views for different positions, as well as access levels order writing has been very helpful

Because epic is so integrated and allows health services to function completely. It is a very expensive software, and may not be reasonable for a single provider or very small, healthcare operation.

Benjamin
Physician (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 201-500 employés

Epic is Aweful

2,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Exhausting. Worst system I’ve used for documenting notes and workflow.

Billing and coding. I believe this is why it was purchased

Takes forever to document a visit. Too many clicks. Hard stops. Too many ways to do tasks. Workflow is terrible.

Ashley
Social Worker (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés

Everyday user

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : I use it daily for my job duties. It's great that we are moving away from paper to everything being electronic and all in one place. So many providers use EPIC so it's a place that you can get more information on a patient and collaborate to make sure your patient's health care needs are being met.

There are so many features built into EPIC that are very helpful for everyday use as a Social Worker. I use multiple features in EPIC such as charting notes, secure chats with providers, assessments, LPOC, chart review, appointment reminders and so much more. It's great that you can kind of built your layout how you want it by switching the toolbar to display mostly used items.

It's always updating and changing which can get a little frustrating when you are a newer user.

chrys
physician (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés

EpicCare EMR- easy patient care management

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : EpicCare EMR has definitely been an upgrade from our previously used EMR. I love the ease of use, the clean and modern design, the ability to customize to my needs

I love that EpicCare EMR is easily searchable, it provides lots of options for customization, both in terms of utility and view. It also has a sort of memory of your more recently entered orders, which makes it easy to reorder

Even though EpicCare EMR is searchable, sometimes it is hard to find what you need

Rebekka
RN (É.-U.)

Epic is... EPIC

Commentaires : I have used EPIC during several hospital rotations as a travel nurse. It's always a relief to know I'll have EPIC as it's the easiest computer system I have used.

Easy to use, quick charting that takes very little effort. Lab results with normal values are fantastic.

Orders can be difficult to read or find what you expect in the right place. "Expand all" should be default cause there can be a lot of hidden information!

Physical therapist (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10 000+ employés

Many helpful features but it could be easier to navigate

4,0 il y a 5 mois

I like that Epic offers "Smart Phrases" and "Smart Lists" so you can create phrases or templates for Treatment Plans, Progress Notes, and Discharge Notes. I also appreciate the ability in the "Exercises" flowsheet to populate exercise names and parameters from previous visits into the current visit (which is extremely helpful for PTs, OTs, and SLPs).

I would have liked documenting on Epic more if we could also use "Smart Phrases" in our daily/SOAP notes because it would make documenting daily therapy notes even faster. I also wish Epic was a little easier to navigate when I was a new user. It took 1-2 months before getting the basics and another few months before I discovered all the features I'd need.

Termeh
Clinical Research Coordinator (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 000+ employés

Epic User

4,0 il y a 7 mois

I think Epic has done a great job in creating a very user-friendly interface for both doctors and the medical staff. I especially like the insurance billing features that are lacking in many other medical software.

The only thing I don't like about Epic is logging in which usually can take up to 10 minutes at my job. Slow to start, but once started it's good and fast.

Omar
VP of Operations (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés

Great Inpatient system

5,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Compared to Cerner much easier to use and has all the bells and whistles

When transitioning to an outpatient setting can be pricey

Systems Engineer (É.-U.)

The industry leader for reliable Electronic Medical Record

Commentaires : Electronic Medical Record is the core of a health care system. Epic is the cream of the crop. It is *not* just another application. It can displace/replace many of your other applications, so we saw dozens of IT people move away from applications and systems that were replaced and into Epic roles. If your organization devotes the time and resources to it, you are nearly guaranteed success. At a price $$$, of course. From an end-user perspective, it takes a while for clinicians to get used to it. For example, in Epic there may be many more steps for a given procedure as compared to another EMR, but those steps are there to make sure that the application is bullet-proof, and users get used to it and appreciate it after a short time.

Epic, the company, makes sure that your implementation succeeds, stays stable and reliable, and performs fast. They (Epic) constantly monitor performance, DR/BC availability, and uptime and tell you *exactly* how you should configure your environment. Your are absolutely not on your own with Epic.

The flip side to the Epic company being so involved in your setup and operation is that it takes a lot of internal employees to make it happen Epic's prescribed way, and there is a lot of internal employee involvement in setup, testing, and ongoing maintenance. In other words, Epic requires a lot of TLC, but it is extremely stable and reliable.

Medical Resident (É.-U.)

The Gold Standard of EMR

Commentaires : It makes clinical care and documentation so much easier, the billers/coders love it, and I can access outside patient records from other institutions that use Epic, so I know I'm not missing anything. Every hospital in the country needs to implement Epic.

The ease of use is perhaps number one for Epic. Having used some of the older EMRs, I am well aware of how an EMR can make or break your day. Epic is the best EMR I have used, and perhaps the best one out there. Its ease of use is second to none, and it's extremely intuitive (so even without a training course, which you're likely get anyway, you can pick up how to use this EMR in perhaps a few hours). The shortcuts that are already built in are great, and you can personalize this EMR to best suit your tastes. I know from a billing standpoint, Epic makes it a breeze, but as a daily user of this software I can guarantee you that the physician staff will appreciate Epic as well. Simply stated, this is the EMR of the future (and present), and the CareEverywhere feature makes continuity of care amazing, and the ability to access outside records makes clinical care a breeze. Epic is the known gold standard for a reason.

Compared to other EMRS, I can't think of anything negative to say.

Barry
Psychologist (É.-U.)
Psychologie, Auto-entrepreneur

Comprehensive but complicated

Commentaires : Overall, it was an excellent communication tool with other parts And providers and customer service representatives of the huge system within which I worked

There is a tremendous amount of functionality and ability to check various parts of the medical record. It can be set up with drop-down menus that provide frequently used choices in the record. There is the ability to create personalized phrases one can push into a clinical note.

I do not know if it was a bottleneck with our a team that was to fine-tune the epic product, or whether it was the epic troubleshooting team, but it took a very long time to correct glitches or to add features when there was an update of the program. This may be nitpicking, but for me, it would’ve been helpful to be able to run several different windows side-by-side within a particular medical record, in order to quickly go back and forth either to cut and paste items or two I’ll check on various values or previous interventions in the record over time

Wayne
Physician (Hospitalist) (É.-U.)
, 10 000+ employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

A robust, non-intuitive system that requires a big learning curve

Commentaires : It would be nice if EPIC had more simplified workflows and cleaned up the appearance of the screens. It would also be nice if EPIC could allow the user to customize the screen appearanc (currently, there is a feature that allows only very limited customization of the screen layout.

Depending on the features that are activated, it can be a robust EHR system. It can handle workflows of many types, including outpatient visits, procedures, and hospital workflows.

It can be difficult to use, even with many years of experience using it. The screen is way too busy with buttons, tabs, active links and data all over the place. There are too many hidden features to remember, and the workflow is often very clunky, requiring multiple mouse clicks and jumps to multiple screens (with delays between loaded screens). The screen includes a multitude of features and buttons/tabs that I never use (are to be used by other disciplines such as discharge planners), making it seem like a one-size-fits-all screen.

Erin
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

EpicCare EMR

Commentaires : My overall experience is great and I enjoy working with EPIC daily.

I do not have the full functionality of the software but do have the access needed to perform day to day requests. I am on the front end of the EMR. I work with a lab that is interfaced with EPIC but I Do have access to view charts. I like being able to confirm our results are filing to the patients charts. I also enjoy being able to review encounters for resulting purposes that will facilitate our company to make the best decision as to care for the patient.

I, as mentioned can view the charts but unable to view scanned documents. I had this option towards the beginning of my access but have since been unable to pull up any scanned documents for the last two years. It is fine we just call the ordering providers office for the documents needed.

Katalin
supervisor (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 000+ employés

National Leader in EMR

Commentaires : Fantastic - I would choose this EMR over every other one I've worked with!

It is intuitive, easy to use, easy to teach new staff members, and the support has been stellar. Epic is a national, if not worldwide leader in EMR implementation. Their product is superior to other EMR products in use.

Some functionality is not obvious and when shared over several campuses, sometimes one campus will obtain the knowledge and it is not shared through the enterprise. This is certainly an enterprise issue, but Epic could send information blasts that help users learn the smaller details of the system, to be shared with all users, to take full advantage of the amazing product

Julia
RN (É.-U.)

EPIC user

Commentaires : Overall, I am happy with EPIC. It made my life much easier then when I had to deal with the paper charts.

The organization I work at was one of the first organizations that started using EPIC when It became available. The best part of EPIC is that one can easily find all necessary information about a patient. Everything is there, labs, radiology reports, medical professionals notes, immunizations, referrals, etc. EPIC is easy to navigate, once one learns the navigation process and EPIC features.

There are too many features to remember. Many features and short cuts are hidden and almost impossible to find. When EPIC upgrades come, some of the upgrades are totally useless and unnecessary, like for examples, enhanced colors and little icons. Sometimes there are too many steps and clicks to get form point A to point B.

sadia
Compliance officer (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201-500 employés

Epic EMR

Commentaires : I truly enjoy working with this software. It is a really good and easy software to use it’s user-friendly and has a lot of features and customization which we use at my hospital.

I use epic to review charts and I also use it as a billing software. We are extremely pleased with how efficient this product is. I have worked with a lot of EMR softwares in the last 10 years and epic is my favorite one. It is efficient, cohesive and has great features like the warnings when something is wrong with a claim.

There’s a bit too much information when looking at billing accounts if it could be streamlined a bit better it would make things easier to review. But I believe this will be updated with the new version we are about to get.

Tamieka
Program Coordinator (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201-500 employés

EPIC is one of the most popular EMR systems in Cincinnati.

EPIC is the system that the majority of hospitals and healthcare facilities use in our city. This is EXTREMELY beneficial because when we have patients that go to more than one site, the other site can access the patient's medical history and receive very important information. The electronic system allows for providers to communicate with each other without actually being on the phone or in person, and it allows for the providers to access records from multiple sites. This is very important for our organization because our providers serve patients at multiple locations.

This system has made communication easier for administration, providers, and other healthcare professionals so I have no complaints about EPIC.

Paul
Student physician (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 10 000+ employés

The best electronic medical records software available

Commentaires : Just an A+ overall!

I have worked with several different electronic medical record resources through my educational career, but this one champions all the rest. It has an excellent, user friendly interface. It is easy to learn and keeps track of what you do and helps you make daily work and tasks easier. It makes medical practice a joy and the charting and orders writing a breeze. It is a must have for all major medical institutes.

I honestly just don’t have any complaints with this software. It has only made my patient care better. But if there is anything I’d have to say is that it has a lot of power and it can take some time to learn how to use it to its fullest capacity.

Elizabeth
Patient service specialist (É.-U.)

Comprehensive healthcare record

Commentaires : It has been good. Like any software there is a learning curve, but once you are comfortable with it the features make day to day activities very simple.

Epic is very comprehensive and provides everyone at the hospital with all the necessary tools and features to perform their job. They are also always trying to find ways to upgrade the program and make processes more streamlined.

Every time the system gets upgraded, it seems that there are features that no longer work. After notifying IT it takes a few days for the features to get back up and running, but it is inconvenient to have to find work arounds for the time.

User Experience Lead (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 5 001-10 000 employés

Soon, it will diagnose patients for you

Commentaires : Epic has one of the best EMR solutions on the market. It integrates well, with various authentication systems, has superb patient portals (usually entitled "MyChart") and has a great on-site support staff at launch. For people who learned medicine the "old" way using Latin-based terms like "NPO" and "PRN" this software is fantastic as it quickly converts it into "layman" language when documenting an encounter. This makes for a compelling tool when outputting medical records for patients, and the patient summary is fantastic post-encounter. It has a few bugs, like auto-replying to messages to a care team telling the patient to refill a prescription using the app or online patient portal when the portal says "this prescription cannot be refilled," and that message is usually not delivered to the care team for review. There are several idiosyncrasies that the less-technical provider will not understand, but as a holistic EMR, Epic makes a great tool that simplifies the encounter process from intake to discharge for all levels of the care team.

Work with Latin-based terminology and quick codes or standard non-Latin wording

Very difficult to port to it from another EMR or to leave it.

Sarah
Physical Therapist Assistant (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Epic helpful EMR for hospital setting

First EMR used since implementation due to ACA. Easy to click various aspects used during documentation. Billing easy and customizable. Like the empty fields available for free text as well as types of check boxes. Copy/paste for evaluations/re-evaluations helpful to see progress. Easy to navigate between multiple parts of patient records to see whole picture.

Template set. Unable to modify much for personal preference. Template thorough which means long making it more time consuming to navigate and document with.

James
Practice Supervisor (É.-U.)

Industry Leader

Commentaires : I have used Epic for years and I would not prefer to use another EHR. Though there are some cumbersome elements to the software, it is by far the most powerful and robust system out there.

Epic has a plethora of reports and dashboards that are invaluable for tracking quality and key performance metrics.

For a number of functions, Epic has multiple ways for users to complete a particular task. This can be confusing from a training and operations perspective (e.g. "I was told to do it differently," "My provider prefers it a different way").

Rebecca
SLP (É.-U.)

Efficient and user friendly

Commentaires : Epic organizes my schedule and patient demographic information. I wish that my organization would also use it for medical charting but we use another product for that.

Epic offers a simple, intuitive, and visually appealing user interface. It organizes an abundance of information in an accessible manner.

It can be unclear at times what features are available to me, as opposed to what are restricted/only available to administrative staff (e.g., who can schedule on my patient schedule).