Learning the system took some time. It is now providing critical, historical data.

Publié le 19/06/2018
Spencer W.
Circ Dir
Presse écrite, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are getting a historical representation of our newspaper distribution, down to each of the very locations we distribute to. It is very important for a newspaper company to have accurate info regarding readership, esp. in this day-and-age: most of all, for auditing purposes in regards to viability and advertising. However, the software could be more intuitive and user-friendly. Dumbing down the interface would allow for greater companywide use, especially between sales and circulation, would be a welcome change. Currently it is very limited in that capacity. Otherwise, as a new software, the thing works, and that's most important. It just takes a bit of tinkering at first, and a lot of customer (technical) support.

Avantages: The information is accessible online, wherever your travels may take you. (This comes w/ caveats however.) Some integration w/ google.com/maps location data.

Inconvénients: It's less accessible on Mac and inaccessible on iPhone (both of which I use exclusively). Locations categories/demarcations are less than intuitive. Eg, there are perhaps more than double the categories than I would use, while other basic categories are missing entirely.

Can't imagine Distribution without distro deputy!

Kevin J.
Distribution Coordinator
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This program makes tracking your distribution easy! I started using it a little over a year ago and had to ask my boss what they used before. The answer was excel. That sounds miserable. I can track returns easily by location, business type, etc. There are easy to read graphs and the information are broken down in a very good way. Really I don't have anything bad to say about it besides that it is in the process of being improved so right now some functions are a little funky. Either way, if you are in charge of distribution or if you are a publisher, you need this. It will change your perception of distribution and save tons of time.

Avantages: Effectiveness

Inconvénients: The remaining bugs that haven't been worked out yet

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Data2Decision le 02/12/2016

Kevin,
Thanks for the positive review. As we mature the new version of distribution deputy, we will continue to provide exceptional customer support to ensure you achieve your business objectives.

Fee free to submit your usability enhancement requests through the app.

Regards
Ryan

Distribution Deputy is a superior distribution management system

Publié le 27/03/2019
Berl S.
Publisher
Presse écrite, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use to try to keep tre k of route in Excel. What a pain. And Excel can’t produce reports.

Avantages: The friendly, patient customer service. As I small business owner with a very part-time distribution manager, I sometimes have to use the system myself. Since it is rare, I usually call the support team, who calmly and efficiently helps me find what I need. My sense is that if I used Distribution Deputy regularly for a couple of weeks, I’d l learn it. But since I don’t have the time or need to dontyst, i s great to know that the support team is just a call away.
Additionally, I’m very impressed with how much the system can do. I’ve never been unable to get what I need. I’m sure it can do much more than I have asked of it.
Finally, the price is very reasonable.

Inconvénients: Nothing. Maybe if I used it more, I’d discover a flaw or two, but I doubt it.

A must-have for free newspapers and magazines

Rich T.
Associate Publisher
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are able to better serve our advertisers, which leads to more money for our company. It also makes our deliveries a lot less stressful. We can give our delivery drivers route sheets and know they're accurate.

Avantages: Distribution Deputy is user friendly, easy to learn and tracks all of the info needed to run a publication. It's so easy to pull reports based on whatever is requested by advertising clients. If you need to know how many magazines are getting delivered to a certain zip code, it takes only a few minutes to pull accurate info. If you need to boost all of your locations by 10% because it's a busy time of year, that takes only minutes. Life is easier with Distribution Deputy.

Inconvénients: Perhaps the tabs could be named a littler clearer. The drop down bar in the top left has a lot of great functions, but perhaps taking a step back and renaming the tabs would make it easier for users. At a glance, it's sometimes hard to remember where you have to click to get to certain functions.

Great product, great people.

Special Projects Director
Édition, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We now have a professional distribution management system!

Avantages: It does everything we need it to do! Manages distribution of 2 pubs, never had any issues, we are able to watch trends, make route and location changes easily, etc. We moved to Distribution Deputy 4 or 5 years ago and have never looked back.

Inconvénients: Nothing. It's a great product and we have zero issues with it. Can't think of one complaint, sorry!

This Program Has Thought Of Everything

Steve C.
Circulation Manager
Presse écrite
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Distribution Deputy saved me hundreds of hours trying to come up with a much more inferior database on my own. The menus take some getting used to, but the tech support is A+ quality.

Avantages: Instant report generation. Great route sheets!

Inconvénients: The update had quirks, but I feel they are getting fixed. Inflexibility on creating issues or backtracking.

Overall, my experience has been great! Amazing customer service and fairly easy to navigate.

Leila Z.
Circulation Manager
Édition, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are great organizational benefits of this software.

Avantages: I love that everything can be loaded into excel to use the data how I need to, whether it is to show the pick up rates to a sales team or supply Google maps with the geocodes.

Inconvénients: Some of the data seems to have glitches. I cannot always pull up history for locations. I would also like to be able to see all locations, regardless of route. This would allow me to see if there are duplicates in the inactive locations.

great sofware--everything you need and more

David M.
Support client

Commentaires: Our managers need to optimize both sellout and non-sellout vending boxes. Adjust draws for different channels quickly and download to excel for our contractors. They also require quick access to current and historical data for internal reports, our customers and audit ready data for our auditors. This tool is easy to operate, intuitive and quick. I can't imagine using anything else on my laptop or tablet.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Data2Decision le 02/12/2016

Dave,
Thanks for the feedback and glad to see the optimizer is working well for you. We are looking into some new machine learning technology that may make the optimizer even better in the future.
Regards,
Ryan

Difficult immediate response. I feel there are far too many steps to truly get in a timely fashion

Publié le 21/06/2018
Trevor lee H.
Distribution Manager
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an

Commentaires: Analytics

Avantages: Analytics ,customer service, the fact than we can sometimes upload a photo per issue, the challenge of trying to navigate this thing

Inconvénients: In response to this question, in all honesty, this program has far too many hoops to jump through to make it effective for our business. This program should be easier to update real time.

Distribution Deputy is a big help

Publié le 05/12/2016
Bradley Z.
Support client

Commentaires: Easy to review individual distribution sites. Easy to get the big picture, too, looking at the overall distribution. Good company to work with. Good people!