Fieldaware Review

Joseph W.
Dispatch/Customer Service Manager
Services aux consommateurs, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, fieldaware has been a great fit for our company . It has decreased the time it takes us to invoice, helps us keep detailed records of completed jobs, helps us track/schedule jobs and has enabled us to increase back office efficiency.

Avantages: Fairly easy to use and set up, web based so no software required. After using it for several years have found it effective and they are improving and adding new features. Relatively stable.

Inconvénients: Like all systems there is still room for improvement. Would like to see a little more customization in certain areas. Does take some thought to set up, good to have at least someone in your office that can become your resident expert. Have had the occasional issue but they usually get fixed fairly fast. Have found the quality of pictures, especially documents needs to be improved. Would like to see the pricing a little more competitive.

Not For Everyone - But They'll Swear It Is

Publié le 21/05/2018
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Télécommunications, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We did not benefit from it.

Avantages: I loved the sales pitch. That's where my interest ended. We ended up paying into the triple-zeros for our "trial" period, which is fine, if it would have delivered as promised. They were very friendly, and they do a great job on presentation. I'm sure that their software would work nicely for a company who didn't have customers with guidelines on how they want their deliverables or for a company who was just using it for dispatch or internal purposes.

Inconvénients: Everything we tried to explain about our company ended up with their sales department telling us how WE could change to fit the software, not how we could use the software to make our lives easier. We wasted countless hours of payroll time and company resources to find out that there's absolutely no reason a company in our industry would use this software. But even as we canceled and stopped taking their calls, they swore up and down that if we would just give them a chance (that we more than generously did), they'd make it work for us. After spending all the time and money, we still get sales calls from their team, who act unaware that we were ever customers, and who will tell us about the amazing trial offer. They're pretty unaware for having the word "Aware" in the title of their application. They thought we should recruit our customers to accept their style of deliverable, regardless that we have contracts that stipulate how our deliverables are presented. Bottom line is that this software will only work if you are using it with internal customers who are all ready to adopt their way of thinking. You can't get them to understand that there are contracts with big companies who want things done a specific way because the Field Aware team thinks that their customer is always wrong. It's expensive and doesn't work for our industry.

customer service and customization!

Publié le 22/02/2017
Keith H.
Production Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: At K&E Flatwork we are the largest residential flatwork company in the KC Metro area, and we have a growing commercial presence as well. We use FieldAware to schedule all of our jobs. The desktop web-based app allows me to create and change plans as needed. And the mobile app keep our crew leaders informed about job schedules, addresses, contacts, etc. and allows them to access plans as well as builder and city specs. Finally our accounting office uses the completed job reports to help them bill accurately. FieldAware has been an extremely stable and reliable platform for us, functioning without fail and providing good standard features. But I am particularly happy with the ability to customize fields. this allows us to use fieldaware for needs that may be specific to our industry or our company. Finally, I take advantage of the technical support line -- real live people! -- about once per month. I get quick, clear responses from friendly experts. Recommended!

Avantages: Customizable. Stable. Great customer service.

Inconvénients: I'd like more options to control reports and filters.

until recent we've had no support

Publié le 15/08/2017
Shelley P.
Service Administrator
Automatisation industrielle, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: unfortunately it doesn't help us do what we would like to do with the report side

Avantages: Concept is good ease of access, app appears user friendly for the technicians. requires big changes

Inconvénients: • Reports are not very readable
• Appear too condensed
• Hard to decipher headings from reports.
• The name of the Task needs to perhaps be a different font to the description
Logo appearing Blurry
The reports are printing out with half the task on one page and half the task on another when there are attachments; we need our reports to be more streamlined and clearer for our clients to read. There are too many dark lines, box lines and shaded areas in the reports. Will there be an option for print preview. we don’t have the option to delete a task. How can we or FieldAware staff set up an automatically generated notification email being sent to the administrators (office based) that notifies us when a job has been closed out on the field? There is nothing to advise a job has been completed and ready for invoicing and reporting. When a Job is Completed in the Field it will be synced back to office, but there is no notification feature. Where do you see Add Fields? Additional Fields are Custom Fields which I outlined above. If you are on a Page and see Additional Fields with a White Plus inside a Green Circle, click the Circle to show you all available Additional Fields which can be added to that page. You may not want some Additional Fields to appear for example. What I’m chasing is an area that doesn’t show up on the report where both myself and the techs can write information that is specifically for the tech and the office not the customer. The device fonts don’t appear to be universal either, when I try to change detail in PDF it states the current font is not available. Can you advise on how this can be amended? As the reports don’t look professional with different fonts now.

Used to be amazing ... now there are more problems every release

Publié le 08/06/2016
Craig P.
Conseil en gestion
2.5 / 5
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: They are an all in one solution for small to medium service industry businesses.

Inconvénients: Too many problems. When I started using this software 3 years ago, they were great. The only issues for the first 2 years were the omission of a couple of key features; they did however listen to the customer needs and start to put those features in the software. They even kept you updated on the process of those features. Then I'm not really sure what happened ... they started making changes to things that worked perfectly fine, and you will rarely see any feature you request ever even considered. Whit them changing things; that would be fine, except, when they change them, they don't work! I have had more support issues in the last 5 months then I did in the first 21 years multiplied by 2. And I am not talking about small inconveniences either; 3 days now my system has been down (COMPLETELY) for up to 4 1/2 hours! And they don't seem to care either. And when I say that I wasn't talking about small inconveniences ... that doesn't mean they don't have them! There are sooo many things that we just figure ways to work around on our own that we shouldn't have to. The support staff can basically do nothing if you don't have 3-5 jobs that you didn't make any changes to, as examples; as well as multiple screenshots from a mobile device. All in all ... I am really pissed that the last 3 years of my documents are tied up on their server ... if it weren't for the PIA of migrating past invoices, photos, paperwork, and EVERYTHING else ... I would have already stopped using them.

Great after recent improvements

Publié le 27/11/2018
Field Service Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: At first I was disapointed, as said above after the recent updates it has now turned into a fantastoc product which is great, easy and smooth to use daily!

Avantages: I use this software on a daily basis for my job. After the recent set of updates it has improved it hugely. Now is a lot less clunky to use and now does background syncs so jobs and be completed and you can browse your next jobs, before you had to wait for the completed job to sync on a sync screen. It lays out clearly what lies ahead for the day or the week. Also great little features like calling the customer though the app and the passthrough to google maps feature.

Inconvénients: Fieldaware seemed to have ironed out all my cons about the app. Keep up the good work guys!

Field Aware

Publié le 03/12/2018
John W.
Planning Manager
Meubles, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It has provided the framework to plan our activities from local to national in a scalable fashion. The ease of data capture from the end user (installer in the field) means that trend analysis provided by the system has helped us cut waste & malpractice from the business saving costs. Strongly recommend for any business wanting to modernise their processes!

Inconvénients: The road-map process for new feature requests can be vague at times. However, I appreciate that there needs to be a business case and relevance for other business users.

FieldAware makes it easy to manage field crews

Publié le 20/08/2019
Davina F.
Executive Administration
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall we now easily dispatch field techs, export/import time sheets into our time payroll system, and can locate associates for a more efficient mid-day dispatch.

Avantages: FieldAware is visually easy to read, quick to dispatch and the setup and implementation is quick.

Inconvénients: I least like that a team can't see their dispatch and only the Team Lead can see the dispatch. Also, the Team Lead must clock an entire team in. Sometimes team members arrive at different times, and in order for the team to know where they're going they must talk with Team Leads rather than look at their IT equipment.

Smooth Scheduling with excellent features

Publié le 05/12/2017
Chris K.
Customer Service Manager

Commentaires: Smooth scheduling
Up to the minute information
Happy Technicians with efficient days

Avantages: Before working with Field Aware my company suffered from numerous scheduling issues as well as a huge issue with our technicians ability to communicate with home base effectively. With Field Aware we not get up to the minute information through syncing as well as the ability to create effective schedules for our team and maximize their work days

Inconvénients: The ability to customize is extremely limited. My company loves to put our own spin on software and unfortunately Field Aware does not allow us much control. While this is a negative the amount of features that exist in the base version is more than enough to meet our needs

Fieldaware is easy to use

Publié le 10/03/2015
Steve M.
Vice President
Fabrication électrique/électronique
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We've been a happy Fieldaware user since 2012. It's easy to use, especially for the remote users, and adaptation for our technicians was a snap. Fieldaware is virtually "bugless" and new releases are filled with enhancements. The best software feature is the tight link between customers and assets (serialized machines in our case). Fieldaware as a company has some of the best tech support and documentation I've ever experienced.

Inconvénients: Fieldaware's reporting features are limited but I'm told a new report writer is coming soon. Also, they consider timekeeping for a "crew" (only one crew member can log time for all members) as a benefit, but we feel it's restrictive and cumbersome.

Bringing it all together!

Publié le 11/05/2017
Heather B.
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Excellent organization of jobs, scheduling, invoicing, reporting. We don't need to look anywhere else for all the information and services we require to run our business with efficiency and productivity. Easy to use, great tech support and always improving with updates and new features. This software has closed all the gaps and brought techs in the field and office staff together on the same page. I highly recommend FieldAware.

The sales department do their job very well but in reality the product cannot do what they claim, customer service is dictated by when your bill is paid and if you say you wont pay because of faults you are threatened with legal action

Publié le 14/11/2018
Chris H.
Technical Director
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software could be great if managed correctly but their back office team have no care about customer service.
Please either avoid or ask all of your questions multiple times and get everything in writing.
what help we have received too a long time and a lot of complaining to get, once we received it we spoke to just one person that knew what they were doing,

Avantages: The software WHEN it works is good, adding photos into job sheets is easy and creating job sheets on the fly is good

Inconvénients: I cant say this enough, their customer service is catastrophic, it is all based around money and not customer satisfaction, we had three weeks where the app wasn't working correctly and kept loosing data, we didn't get an apology or any financial reduction, when we refused to pay until we were up and running i was told that in their terms and conditions it states you have to make payment regardless of system issues, down time or complaints.
You will go through periods of time where the app crashes a lot.
It doesn't integrate into sage like the sales team stated.
The sales team sold us the perfect package, i believe they now don't exist as a department because of the issues with miss selling.
It is very expensive for the service provided.
if you request for your data to move to another company...GOOD LUCK

This software has allowed our company to automate all of our process with ease

Publié le 05/06/2017
Ben T.
General Manager
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Its very easy to use both in the office and the field. Training time is very low for my techs. Not too many bugs. The mobile app is super easy to navigate and use

Inconvénients: The mobile web software is not 100% workable in all browsers. This is the only area that needs work. If I am away from my laptop and trying to schedule work for my techs after hours it is not easy for me to use my phone or ipad

What has happened????? It all started so well, now everything has stopped?

Publié le 04/07/2016
Ben C.
Managing Director
Eau/gaz/électricité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When we first implemented the system all was well. We had a couple of issues but their support team were great. After 3 months we integrated the system with 3Plenish (at the recommendation of FieldAware) to manage the inventory quantities and locations..... BIG MISTAKE. Since then the support from FieldAware has virtually disappeared and 3Plenish have been close to useless.

Avantages: Simple starter system; great for those who have not used I.T. systems before on a daily basis. The mobile app is a doddle for the engineers.

Inconvénients: No ability to manage stock quantities; hence the 3Plenish integration.

Fieldaware Business Review

Publié le 29/03/2019
Andrew C.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have run our Business with this software for many years and it has worked well

Avantages: Ease of use, pictures, and operation. Dispatching was smooth and reports are good.

Inconvénients: Tailored to Commercials Contracting. Would like it to interact with quickbooks better and be more Residential Contractor friendly.

There could be some changes they need to make as other software is easier to use

Publié le 23/02/2018
Diane V.
ark0822@gmail.com
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is a good Scheduling program. - easy to use in the mobile app. Gives us the ability to access all documents

Inconvénients: I think they are charging too much for multiple users . I don't like that you can't delete things after they are created by mistake. Customer service is not consistent on there advise. Setting up the software to track key customer information is difficult, and report design is very limited.

Technician feedback immediately in your hands

Publié le 27/06/2017
Chris K.
Customer Service Manager
Services environnementaux, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Faster feedback in the digital age

Avantages: Field Aware allows for our technicians to quickly relay their feedback to the home office. With the ability to quickly read and reply to their comments the overall efficiency of our service office is greatly improved

Inconvénients: At times it can be unreliable. It also requires a high level of user intelligence. With proper training though these hurdles can be overcome

Great for techs

Publié le 18/05/2019
Joshua C.
IT Manager
Équipements publics, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Reduce paper, increase accountability on job sites, expedite tech notes from on-site field visits.

Inconvénients: Limitation of app, to one device. WOuld like to have the user sign in to their cell phone and iPad.

A field service software with a a large capacity for customization

Publié le 26/04/2018
Hope P.
Co-owner
Support client

Avantages: Great looking User Interface. An extensive capability for options to customize. Overall a highly adaptable scheduling software.

Inconvénients: We had some issues with the field crew syncing correctly. At times the program would glitch and close out. Would like to have seen a bit better of a layout on the main dashboard for viewing jobs in the que.

Field tech perspective. Limited functionality very quirky.

Publié le 04/10/2016
Brian K.
Service technician
Construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When we first implemented this program we discovered very quickly how limited this program is. Poor integration options. Not modeled to improve field performance in ways you might expect from typical service management software. Mostly just a fancy way to dispatch calls. You can only see 10 previous calls in the history. Syncing is disasterous and cumbersome. It takes a long time between functions to sync which can frustrate a busy facilities manager or store owner trying to get back to work. No internal integration. Information entered into one section of the system does not populate to other parts of the system where it would be helpful. This software is very frustrating to both field and office personnel. From a service tech perspective this program is a hinderance to customer response times and satisfaction.

Avantages: It can be deleted.

Inconvénients: It is nothing like presented.

Meh...I have moved on to another vendor

Publié le 14/07/2016
Bill E.
Construction
3.5 / 5
1.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This product is great for dispatch, but for invoicing it has flaws. I talked to them for help on invoicing and payments and they claimed that their product isn't made for that. But if you look on their website, they claim to have the best thing since sliced bread.

Inconvénients: If you look on their website and talk to them, they will sell you the world. The invoicing is pathetic on this software. That's why I left.

Fieldaware ROCKS!!

Publié le 07/03/2012
Rick G.
General Manager
Support client

Commentaires: Overall I am proud to recommend Fieldaware to any company needing this typre of service. If mobility, accountability, efficiency and professionalism are important to you, then this group can provide it for just a small monthly fee. 5 star service with a young company that gets better with each release. I'm looking forward to seeing what else these guys can do, im sure i will be impressed.

Avantages: FieldAware ROCKS! Since day one signing my contract I have been nothing but impressed with this company's SAAS and their employees. The software has streamlined our business and made us much more efficient. We are even thinking about expanding into other territories -- something we couldn t have imagined before. The people behind the scenes are knowledgeable, responsive and simply a pleasure to work with. I cannot say enough about this group. If you have a business that needs to be mobile and professional, then this is the service for you!

Inconvénients: Even the cons arent really cons, simply opportunities for the support team to do what they do...and they are very good at what they do!

We highly Recommend Fieldaware

Publié le 13/12/2011
Michael O.
Operations Director
Support client

Commentaires: We're a specialist refrigeration and a/c contractor with 7 engineers in the field doing preventative maintenance and ad hoc service calls.We wanted a field service automation system that was proven in the field, had mobile apps that would work regardless of connectivity, and would allow us to adapt our work order to suit individual client needs without custom development.
Fieldaware ticked all the boxes.We used their free trial and tried the system for 2 weeks before we decided to proceed .
Fieldaware helped us to load all of our data into the system, and with online training we were up and fully functioning within a week.The system has been everything we hoped it would be.
One of our engineers was on a Blackberry, but he got a droid phone and is loving it.
FieldAware helps us make informed decisions about our service business--based on our service business!
I would have no hesitation in recommending FieldAware to another service company.

Avantages: Easy to use for both office staff and field engineers.
It has a flexible workorder.
Available anywhere/anytime via browser or smartphones.
Reasonably priced with no upfront costs.

Inconvénients: No blackberry version.

LISTEN TO THESE REVIEWS!

Publié le 16/02/2017
Sean R.
Eau/gaz/électricité, 13-50 employés
Support client

Commentaires: Starts off strong with sales and customer service. Once you actually get past the learning the complicated method to using the program and actually find out all the glitches, they no longer want to respond. Typical response you start getting is "unable to duplicate". My review is almost EXACTLY like all the other ones. Add a user? price goes up. (understandable) delete a user? price doesn't go down. Didn't realize that's what the contract meant? no problem, you can just keep paying for it because it auto renews.

Need to have access to delete customer and other things.

Publié le 18/07/2017
Amy L.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Once set up it is easy to use. Easy to enter my jobs I need to. Easy finding the jobs after I enter them.

Inconvénients: We need to be able to delete customers and delete other functions. Either that or have an archive section for them.