Simple and easy task management

Publié le 31/10/2019
Michael C.
Web Developer
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Avantages: It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush.
It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing.
I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Inconvénients: I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

Publié le 29/10/2019
Ken I.
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Avantages: Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Inconvénients: I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Great clean software for managing tasks !

Publié le 24/10/2019
Moshe D.
Director/VP
Biens de consommation, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating.
Overall I am very happy

Avantages: The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Inconvénients: No good solution from time tracking.
No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks.
Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need.
Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Publié le 22/10/2019
Development Associate
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Avantages: I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Inconvénients: I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Good software with room for improvement

Publié le 15/10/2019
Maria S.
Head of Product Management
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Avantages: Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance.
It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way.
It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Inconvénients: Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing:
- The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately.
- I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks.
- Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

Asana - more than a to do list

Publié le 14/10/2019
Gabrielle W.
Administrator
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Avantages: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Inconvénients: There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Amazing productivity tool

Publié le 30/09/2019
Zeynel A.
Student
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used this software when dealing with complex projects. I have been planning my weeks with Asana. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with tasks, I use Asana to organize my works. And I want to keep it that way.

Avantages: + İt offers all feature any productivity tool can.
+Help menu and tutorials are so incredible that it takes only minutes to get the hang of it.
+When I create or edit a project, all you need appear in one page. This design help me edit my project most effective way.
+ I can add task with sub-task, set due date both task and sub-task, add notes, sort them, filter them, assign them to members... and all these stuff can be carried out in one screen. Amazing!
+ Setting due times for sub-tasks is really important for me, and Asana one of the few software that make it possible.
+ There are board, list and calendar view options. It is really helpful when creating projects, different each other.
+ I can view and edit my task in calendar view.
+ There are well-organized templates to create a project faster.
+ It is possible to import and export project. No need to waste time when you want to study on a project with different software.
+ I can to sync projects to calendar and see the task of project I had selected in my calendar.
+ There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. That makes editing projects even faster.
+ Even the free version meets all my needs and expectations. Wonderful!

Inconvénients: - I want to set priority levels for tasks, and to sort and filter them by priority level. But Asana doesn't provide this.
- I really like it is possible to set due dates for sub-tasks, but it would so much better if sub-tasks appeared in calendar view.
- Each project has its own calendar but There could be also a main calendar that help users to screen all due dates for all projects and tasks combined. That would make the software so much powerful.

Excellent tool for project/task/list management

Publié le 19/09/2019
Jade W.
Marketing Coordinator
Génie civil, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using Asana for both work and personal projects (two separate accounts) for about 6 years now, and I am obsessed. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do for work or personal ideas and business ideas, and it's great for capturing them and organizing them in one place. I make it a habit to cycle through all of my projects once per week to review upcoming deadlines and update the status of projects (sometimes more often). There are some coworkers in other departments who use Asana heavily, but I have not been able to convince my group to use it for collaboration. I would love to get them away from using email, Word docs, and spreadsheets for project collaboration.

Avantages: Everything! However, I like that it is easy to quickly add tasks and projects, especially from the mobile app. I rarely miss deadlines or forget things since I started using it. It is a great "container" for all of your project steps, thoughts, notes, ideas, etc. My life would probably fall apart without it! I use the search feature constantly as well.

Inconvénients: There isn't an easy way (that I know of) to see all items across multiple projects that are due on the same day or week. It's possible that I'm not using it the way the folks at Asana intended.

Cliche Warning: Asana Changed My Life

Publié le 18/09/2019
Connor D.
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was introduced to Asana when I started as a new coach for an established executive coaching firm. At the time, I considered myself wildly-unorganized. I'd tried various task-, time-, and priority-management tools in the past and none of them really stuck. Asana was the game-changer for me. I don't know how to explain to beyond the fact that the workflow and systems seem "natural" to me. The overall flow seems to match the way my brain best operates, and their features have made tracking everything on my plate (which seems to increase every day) seem almost effortless. I'll be leaving that executive coaching firm shortly as I launch my own business, but I'll definitely be taking my experience with Asana with me. I can't imagine trying to run any aspect of my life, let alone my business, without it.

Avantages: At the risk of sounding like a super-fan (and honestly, maybe I am), I love almost everything about Asana. But I'd say my all-time favorite feature is the Today, Upcoming, and Later sections. That might sound minor, but that super-simple approach to task, time, and priority-management has been a game-changer for me and my clients. It's allowed me to stay focused on what matters most in-the-moment without losing sight of longer-term vision. Beyond that, the collaboration features are second-to-none. I run every aspect of my business through Asana: Blog posts, client workflows, meetings, presentations, and so on ... Literally everything gets tracked in Asana. And because of that, it makes it very easy to outsource projects and collaborate with others. Finally, another important feature for me has been their Advanced Search feature. Unfortunately they recently removed this from the "Free" plan, but it looks like I've been grandfathered in. Honestly, this feature alone is probably worth paying for if you use the tool as extensively as I do. I have literally hundreds of tasks in Asana, split up among various teams, projects, and sections. Managing a database that large without an intuitive search feature would be a nightmare (and, honestly, probably a deal-breaker). Thankfully Asana's Advanced Search functionality doesn't disappoint (and their "Saved Search" feature makes it easy to quickly access common searches).

Inconvénients: Two things come to mind: I'm really not a fan of Asana's "Home" or "Inbox" tabs. Honestly, I don't understand the point of them and find it a little frustrating that the default view is "Home" rather than "My tasks." Their Home view is a cluttered mess that doesn't give you an insightful or helpful look into your day or your priorities. I ended up creating a custom bookmark straight to the My Tasks view to avoid it. Same goes for Inbox: It's not that I've had a bad experience with their inbox tab, it's just that I don't really understand the point of it. I've never found a viable use case for the Inbox tab after coaching dozens of entrepreneurs through the program.

Asana project management software

Publié le 06/09/2019
Carlos T.
Sales Representative
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Avantages: Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Inconvénients: Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

helps me run my business

Publié le 01/09/2019
Tammie B.
creator
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Avantages: keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Inconvénients: i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

An essential tool for our business

Publié le 28/08/2019
Simon B.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a small business that has both internal staff and contractors Asana helps us break projects into tasks and keep track of where we are. It’s easy to set up and use which means everybody uses it.

Avantages: Asana makes both managing projects and product development simple. Dare I say it? Perhaps even a pleasure. A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has - unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous. Projects are easy to set up and track. Team members can build a clear view of their work. Admins can report on progress.

Inconvénients: It’s a shame you can’t assign tasks to two people. And that, in calendar view, you can’t rearrange tasks into the order you wish to do them.

Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks

Publié le 28/08/2019
Dilanka H.
Software Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Avantages: Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Inconvénients: When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!

Publié le 26/08/2019
Wil S.
Marketing Software Admin
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Inconvénients: The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

Workflows for dummies!

Publié le 07/08/2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Immobilier, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Avantages: Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Inconvénients: As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

Task organization made simple!

Publié le 24/07/2019
Kylee L.
Marketing Account Executive
Marketing et publicité, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Before we found Asana, we were having difficulties in communicating all project needs, deadlines, and expectations. With 9 members on our marketing team, sometimes details can get lost in the daily shuffle or smaller tasks may be pushed to the bottom of the list to make time for those higher priority projects. As this happened, some projects were getting overlooked and deadlines were missed. Then and there, we decided we needed a platform where the entire team can input projects, deadlines, detailed notes, and expectations. Back and forth communication is key when running a large team, and this has allowed us to give instant feedback and ask questions directly under a specific task. If we do ever need to push out a deadline, you can make changes to any of the tasks/sub-tasks. Then, notifications can be sent out via email or desktop alerts. That notifies any user associated with the task that something on it has been changed. This feature of Asana has also been a major asset to our team. Lastly, the calendar feature, showing all present and future tasks, has been a much needed addition to Asana over the last few years. When we thought Asana couldn't be more streamlined, it upgraded to add in the calendar! Seeing everything in an overall view on the calendar is very helpful, rather than just seeing the tasks laid out in list form. It helps us to see everything in a more "big picture" view, so that smaller projects aren't forgotten and deadlines aren't missed.

Avantages: The best feature of Asana is the ability to share tasks, deadlines, notes, and projects with team members. By linking our entire team on one platform, it has streamlined our review and turnaround process. There are no gaps in communicating what is needed on a project and when its due date is expected. This has been invaluable to our team! You can assign each team member a task, the date it's due, and add notes to clarify things.

Inconvénients: Truly, I cannot think of a single thing we dislike about Asana - the capabilities are exactly what we were looking for. It is easy to use and has updated over the years to match trends and the growing needs of its users.

Asana a great work management tool

Publié le 23/07/2019
Tom C.
Digital Designer
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

Avantages: one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

Inconvénients: the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

Asana keeps me organized!

Publié le 22/07/2019
Enya M.
Paralegal
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Avantages: Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Inconvénients: This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Wonderful Task Management Software

Publié le 18/07/2019
Beline F.
Event Manager & Marketing Specialist
Événementiel, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The user interface is great - it's easy to jump in and start using it, and then to get better at using some of the amazing features of it. Our team has different levels of users, including people that are less comfortable using new tech, and Asana's flexibility allows them to use it less often and less thoroughly, while other users like myself plan entire projects start to finish, with high levels of granularity, directly in Asana.

Inconvénients: This is a bit of a technical detail, but we are a sub-unit of several teams, in a college, in a university, and so we share our domain name (@xxxx.edu) with the global university, so we weren't able to get the company style account, rather than a basic premium account, which makes dealing with a ton of projects a bit unruly, and a privacy concern. Our fix was to make all the projects private and only share them with who needs access.

Oasis for the Cluttered Mind

Publié le 11/06/2019
Monica D.
Founder/Owner
Édition, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Avantages: It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Inconvénients: The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.

Great task-management and collaboration tool

Publié le 11/06/2019
Michael D.
Publishing Manager
Administration publique, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Avantages: It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Inconvénients: Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

One of the best task management tools you can get!

Publié le 28/05/2019
Randall H.
Software Engineer
Défense et aérospatiale, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Inconvénients: I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

The most intuitive project management tool!

Publié le 23/05/2019
Digital Design Manager
Mode et vêtements, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Avantages: The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

Inconvénients: I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Amazing, powerful and simple, the organizational dream of every team.

Publié le 03/04/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Having digital platforms, with staff in different parts of the world, it is difficult to group all the work that must be done in one place, since we use Asana as the main organizational element, we managed to reduce errors in attention by 50% of the users and we increase the productivity of the company's departments. It has a lot to do with the way in which we have managed to identify critical nodes and support them among other areas advanced in their goals. Also, we have received from our customers a positive assessment of their requirements.

Avantages: I have reviewed native applications of big names of the market, that do not finish convincing you, they offer you many promises in functionalities that do not finish concretizing, that is one of the things that I like the most of Asana, it offers you clarity from the first moment, and It gives you at the same time, a simple interface, very powerful and able to get any team to work with the collective work and common goals. In addition, I like that all co-workers can see in digital every progress and achievement achieved of their assigned responsibilities. Also, it has allowed us to be more organized with the meetings and requirements of our clients. As the planning cannot be rigid, thanks to Asana we have identified aspects that can put at risk the global goals of the company, so we have managed to help the department that presents some difficulty. Actually, Asana gives you the full view, it's a genius.

Inconvénients: Entrepreneurs can find in Asana a complete platform and very capable of growing any initiative, that is why I do not identify negative aspects to mention, I have years of use and it is wonderful the ability they have to reinvent themselves in the provision of a service that It looks a lot like wine, it improves with the passage of time.

A review of Asana by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Publié le 20/03/2019
Creative Director
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A very useful - maybe even invaluable - tool for busy workplaces. Decent looking UI and colour scheme, clear lists but not so clear Project Views - not very good for visual people. Annoying notifications - but maybe I should just try and reduce the number of concurrent tasks!

Avantages: There is something very satisfying about having a digital to do list, saved in the cloud, updated automatically and reminding you of key dates, comments and edits. There is something even more satisfying about being able to finally click a little tick button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence relating to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copy, images, PDFs, etc. - all easily downloadable. It's fairly intuitive - looming deadlines are highlighted in red, you can order tasks how you'd like them, you can tag people using the @ symbol like in Gmail and on social media. So, when you are in Asana, all is fine - you can see all your tasks as a list, a project as a whole or separated into Elements. You can even see your team-mate's projects too. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a nice feeling knowing that you can't tick something off your list until it's sub tasks sub tasks have been done, but that's not Asana's fault! It's nice that it emails you to notify you of key events, but this does have a downside. It's good that it ties in with Time Tracking software too.

Inconvénients: So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others do too, have a huge number of tasks assigned to me on Asana. Many of these involve other people - clients, team members, project managers, etc. They all have different deadlines and start dates. Every single action involving you, by default, generates an email. Even after turning many of these notifications off, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it's very common to miss more important ones. Also, the very fact that there is an Inbox IN Asana itself, means that you are notified of everything twice. This aspect doesn't quite feel right or logical. It also quite frequently logs me out, forcing me to log back in again.