Better than the competition, and it's secure

Publié le 14/01/2019
James D.
Founder, President
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This system was preferred before switching to ADP, however their cost at the time resulted in us switching to ADP

Avantages: I like the fact they require two factor authentication. Their customer service used to be good and is still decent compared to ADP. Their system can be fully customized for reports and coding purposes. Their reporting is much better than ADP

Inconvénients: Their support has gone down hill in the last year in addition to their pricing is about 20% higher than ADP on most items. Lacks an employee portal standard on all plans

Pretty good for the price

Publié le 27/11/2019
Sean D.
Controller
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall this software definitely provided more capability than our old payroll processor, which is a win for us.

Avantages: When we chose to implement this software we were looking for something that had more robust reporting and management of employees. This software definitely checks those boxes.

Inconvénients: I find that sometimes Flex is not very intuitive to navigate, however, I only have to use this every couple weeks so I find it to be okay.

Good product overall

Publié le 05/11/2019
Emmanuel V.
Senior Grant Accountant
Comptabilité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Avantages: Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Inconvénients: From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve

Publié le 08/10/2019
Adam J.
Campus Support Team Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

Avantages: The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

Inconvénients: It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own. Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

User Friendliness

Publié le 17/11/2019
Heather S.
Kitchen Manager
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The ability to clock in and out on our POS system and have all that information in a labor report immediately availiable for PayChex was a time saver. I did save money over all having them handle all payroll and hand delivery of checks every Friday.

Avantages: The ability to see pay stubs amd employees information. Also the company information was availiable as well as a live chat option to ask questions to a company rep immediately. Changing tax information was instant instead of waiting for the boss to fix it.

Inconvénients: The log in process is long and tedious. In 2017 some of the information required was only known to the boss or owner. Employees were frustrated and some court ordered deductions were shown but not labled as Child Support or tax lien.

Use for multiple companies

Publié le 13/10/2019
Operations Manager
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use it for allowing our technicians to clock in and out, have lunch, and approve time off. It allows for the flexibility to do that and direct deposit.

Avantages: Easy to use. Decent applications for both the browser and mobile devices. Easy approval on managers end for employee time off and clock corrections.

Inconvénients: Application on mobile sometimes freezes, clocking multiple of the same "in" clocking for an employee.

Not for those who aren’t tech savvy

Publié le 10/12/2019
Christina C.
Operations manager
Sports, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Once we got the hang of it (thanks to the awesome customer service) it saved us a ton of time on payroll

Avantages: The amount of options it gives you for everything having to do with payroll and HR. It’s super customizable to fit your needs.

Inconvénients: It was a bit complicated to learn how to use for multiple companies. Also the website could be a little glitchy/laggy at times.

Paycheck Flex is good for a large company

Publié le 16/12/2019
Shreejit B.
Graduate Research And Teaching Assistant
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We used this as a free trial. We found it has services to suit for businesses of different sizes. In our small company however, we found Gusto was a better fit and more cost effective. Your mileage may vary.

Avantages: This is an excellent payroll service for a large company. It allows your payee to choose form of payment-direct deposit or paper check. It also keeps a good record of everything, and dashboard and customer service are better than its competitor Gusto.

Inconvénients: It's not cost efficient for small companies. Also there is sometimes so much info available for our payroll that it can get slow finding what I precisely need.

Ok

Publié le 15/10/2019
Baneta T.
Teacher Assistant
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It as ok, would have been better without the technical difficulties.

Avantages: I liked that I could track my hours and my pay with the software. They have an app you can download that allows you to see your information anytime, anywhere.

Inconvénients: I ultimately needed to be able to print out check stubs when I needed them and I wasn't able to do that. Customer service did all that they could but they were never able to figure out why I couldn't access my check stubs.

Very useful!

Publié le 25/10/2019
Lily F.
Lead Dispatcher
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is a useful tool not just for our office staff, but our drivers, as well. Our drivers can access it through their phone app which is very convenient for them.

Avantages: I like that I can see a breakdown of my paychecks and that time off requests can also be entered through here.

Inconvénients: I find this platform useful and cannot address any issues in regards to the operation of this software.

Everything we need and more

Publié le 17/09/2019
Eric S.
HR Manager
Services financiers, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Avantages: I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Inconvénients: The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Publié le 13/10/2017
Erin S.
Manager of Strategic Partnerships
Philanthropie, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Avantages: It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions. Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Inconvénients: I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately. I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Publié le 07/11/2017
Peter S.
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant
Services financiers, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Avantages: Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Inconvénients: One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want? Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

Publié le 09/04/2018
Candace E.
Google CS First Instructor
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Avantages: Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Inconvénients: Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Publié le 26/07/2018
Amy S.
Services aux consommateurs, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me. The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks. What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Inconvénients: The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails. The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear. Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Publié le 29/06/2018
Debbie H.
HR/Payroll/Office Manager
Services d'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Avantages: The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Inconvénients: There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

A little Wonky to Navigate

Publié le 27/07/2019
Sarah R.
customer service rep
Services d'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is convenient for small businesses and employees who work from home or don't have one check in location. It has some nice features for checking how many hours have been working if you are actually clocking in and out from the site itself. Once you actually figure things out and have your account set up, it's conveniently all right there in front of you to see what your sick time is, clock in/out, etc.
It keeps all your info from your previous jobs that have used the site PLUS holds your tax info conveniently for you, which is quite handy.

Inconvénients: It's pretty difficult to navigate. A lot of the site doesn't really explain where to go or what to do so you kind of just have to poke around it until you figure things out. I guess it's kind of typical for sites like this. It's also kind of nightmare to get your log in info if you lose it, so just don't. You get locked out after 3 tries and then have to call the help desk and it turns into a pretty complicated ordeal. Conveniently though, the site log in remembers your info though. There is a LOT of maintenance, constantly and when you get messages in your inbox, they never seem to go away, but that's just nit-picky stuff that's not really important.

A great asset to have when running and business.

Publié le 10/03/2019
Peter G.
Owner/Manager
Pêche, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software itself allows me to eliminate the need for a time clock for my employees. They are able to have the app installed on their company issued smartphones and log in with their fingerprint access on the phone (which the app supports) and can clock into work in no time. They also have the availability to request time off, check vacation, sick and personal balances, view pay stubs and a ton of other features geared toward self help for the employee. This software saves me money so that I do not have to pay someone to sit and calculate all of the different times and payroll sheets. I would be lost without Paychex Flex.

Inconvénients: The app can be a little slow at times. They also schedule down time on the overnight hours until 530am when most of our work does begin before that. It is a simple fix as I can enter staffs time manually when needed. You also need to trust your employees to punch in and out when they actually show up to a job site and not while driving home.

Excellent company top to bottom

Publié le 07/06/2017
Matthew H.
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Paychex has been top-notch for over five years, when I switched to them from another payroll company. I operate a small seasonal business with about 10 employees, and from the beginning I have received all the support that I need for my payroll and tax responsibilities, and at a more reasonable rate than I was paying before. I deal with one single payroll specialist every week (unless she is on vacation or something), which I love, and if she is unavailable the fill-in specialists have been able to take care of my payroll, which is not quite standard, without any issues. The website took a little getting used to initially, but I download my reports from there every week, quarter, and year, and everything is easy to find and use. I couldn't recommend Paychex more highly, at least for any business such as mine.

Inconvénients: If anything, I feel that it would be good to consider a website review and edit - I do not have anything specific to offer in terms of what to change, but it did seem a little confusing the first few times using it. I don't have any issues now, but admittedly I only log on to do the same thing (download the report) each week, quarter, and year.

I have worked with Paychex for HR and Payroll purposes.

Publié le 05/06/2018
Human Resources Specialist (Lead Role)
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We were able to reduce storage of paper statements that were never picked up. We were able to increase employee morale by giving our employees the ability to see their own data and make time off requests on their own.

Avantages: The user friendly approach within the Employee Online Access. We had employees that were afraid to go paperless with pay statements but with a little training everyone began utilizing the system. I liked the time and attendance module which allowed employees to see their own timesheets and administratiors to make corrections/update their staff timesheets and approve prior to payroll processing.

Inconvénients: I disliked the fact that the payroll module didn't link directly with time and attendance, we had thought that what was done in time and attendance regarding time off balances would automatically feed to payroll and reflect on our employees pay statements. But we found out that we had to do adjustments in both windows to ensure it matched.

Easy to Use

Publié le 12/09/2019
Brandi G.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This was definitely a transition for staff but well worth it. All of the information available is awesome and it is very easy to use. Highly recommended.

Avantages: This software is great. It is easy to clock in and out as well as find all of your necessary information including W-2 and salary information. Requesting vacation time as well and checking sick and vacation balances is all there at a click of a button. You can set up your area so even if staff if clocking in or out on their mobile phone, you know they were still actually at work.

Inconvénients: We had some issues in the beginning with staff not being able to clock in and out but once you get all of the kinks worked out its great.

Don't bite off more than you can chew

Publié le 07/01/2019
Payroll/ HR Admin
Textile, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We transferred over from Preview to Flex in March and have had some sort of issue (always a new problem) with running payroll from glitches, to inaccuracies in accruals due to incomplete data transfers to random errors like pay rates suddenly not being mapped to the proper pay components. Overall Paychex has great features and I love that our employees are offered the option to view their stubs and w-2s online and request time off but, I feel like they need to train their employees more on their updates and work out the kinks before they release updates because it causes a lot of unexpected error on the user end which cause a delay and inconvenisnce on our end.

Avantages: I like that their Flex software is "live" and you no longer need to transmit hours as a file.

Inconvénients: New features are released with glitches, representatives are NEVER available, it takes a lot of follow-up to get assistance and they pass you from representative to representative like a "hot potato".

Good Website

Publié le 20/10/2017
Renae R.
Controller
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I do like how the website is laid out and how easy it is to run reports, set up new employees, and enter in payroll. In general the reps are helpful and you dont always have to talk to just your assigned rep to get answers.

Inconvénients: When there is a tax problem, the only person you can talk to is your rep, who general doesn't know anything about taxes and can only pass the question onto the tax department. Once you ask the question, it can a few weeks before you even hear back from someone about the status of your questions. It gets put into a queue and you are not told if or when it will get answered. This is very frustrating when it comes to time sensitive tax issues.

One-stop shop, but not very customizable

Publié le 03/10/2019
Aline L.
Deputy Finance Director
Appareils médicaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is very convenient to have access to the phone application, so you can access information and even run payroll from anytime / anywhere.
The add-on Stratustime allows you to track the non-exempt employees' hours and feeds directly into the payroll system.

Inconvénients: Entering one-off payroll data such as expense reimbursement or a medical insurance payback has to be done at the individual level through individual checks.
it is difficult to customize access such as giving access to managers to accrue CTO days only, or giving them access to some HR info (number of vacation days, salary) without giving them access to all of it.
Also, the marketing is a little aggressive, the company offers so many other side services (writing your employee handbook, offering 401k, etc) that they call you too often with too many proposals, often different people for the same products.

PREVIEW was a great payroll work horse. But beware, FLEX Payroll is no PREVIEW.

Publié le 19/10/2016
Eva S.
Operations Manager
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We've been on Paychex PREVIEW payroll software for 16 years. It was a solid no non-sense payroll processing work horse which came with everything you'd ever need to process payroll for 100+ employees in a very quick and efficient manner. PREVIEW software was extremely well designed and well thought out. The developers took the perspective of payroll processing users and provided all the navigation speed, functionalities and reports that we'd ever find useful or need to do our jobs quickly and efficiently. There were hardly any unnecessary clicks, keystrokes or scrolling to speak of. It exceeded my expectation all these years. Paychex's golden era and reputation as payroll processing leader was probably due to these sensible legacy products. Like all good things which must come to an end, we were switched to FLEX Q2 of 2016 because PREVIEW was so old that Paychex decided to sun set it this year - which was totally understandable. But any reasonable PREVIEW clients would also expect and assume that whatever good features, good functionalities and useful reports that were available and had been working well in PREVIEW would be brought over and be available in the new payroll product as well. Not so. Enters FLEX which Paychex touted as being technologically advanced, etc. It probably is. But as far as FLEX payroll processing features and functionalities are concerned, I am actually set back 16 years to a payroll processing product that seemed Beta, very slow, cumbersome, awkward - compared to PREVIEW. Paychex simply threw PREVIEW out the window and started fresh from scratch with FLEX. I spent my first several months on FLEX Payroll sending them suggestions to make FLEX "better". I don't know if anyone cared. FLEX Payroll screen designs and navigation are very slow, very cumbersome, and very awkward. What I considered "speed features" in PREVIEW were non-existent in FLEX. Fields are spread out as far apart as they can find room to spread them out to (instead of keeping the screen layouts compact) seemingly so as to "maximize" unnecessary clicks, scrolls and keystrokes as much as possible. It's also more cumbersome and time consuming just to get information and reports from FLEX Payroll which could be run quickly and easily before in PREVIEW. I felt like I'm using payroll software designed by inexperienced college graduates who had never processed payroll before in their lives. They're out to get as much of my time make me do as much work as possible for the same amount of work that I have to do as before - to see where my breaking point is. So overall, I'm not impressed. To me, if the basic payroll processing functionalities are less than before, FLEX Payroll will still be inadequate despite all other "great features and modules" they added to FLEX which I don't need.

Avantages: Flex integration with Benefits Administration (Benetrac) module can make life a lot easier for some - but Beware - only if your group is 100+ enrolled. Our Paychex sales rep did make the claim that with Benetrac service, our medical insurance transactions "will all be automatic with carriers and we wouldn't have to do a thing" - which was totally not true. As it turned out, more carriers than not do not do EDI for groups (company) with < 100 enrolled. So the main FLEX selling point totally didn't even pan out for us. Please learn from our lesson. Do verify specifically that your medical and dental carriers will do EDI for your group before signing up for Benetrac.

Inconvénients: Although FLEX does its job as payroll software, having been on a faster and more efficient product before, we know how much more time we are spending on this "more inefficient" product compared to before. Oh and please save yourself the headaches and trouble by passing on other Paychex's services. We tried Paychex Health Insurance and ACA filing. They both failed miserably. Same story in both cases. Can't get hold of the account rep and customer service rep. No one would answer or return our calls. Last year's ACA were 60% wrong after I've redone and resubmitted data 3 different times after 3 different CSR told me 3 different things. They were just making it up as they went. Very frustrating.