Daily use of this product is easy with lots of tools, resources and options, but we felt lied to.

Publié le 02/02/2018
Cymry R.
Legal Admin
Cabinet d'avocats, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It makes sending encrypted emails easy and the recipient a reasonably easy way of getting into the information.

Avantages: I love that there is a knowledge center with all kinds of information about how to build and use the system in the way that's right for you. I love that there are tons of classes and webinars not only about how to use this product, but how the product came improve your over all company.
Despite the cons listed below, we've enjoyed our daily experience with the service and I think its a reasonable alternative and provides the majority of the services as expected.
I think my favorite thing about this service is how much I can figure out how to do on my own, rather then calling and waiting on hold while someone remotes in and figures it out for me.

Inconvénients: When we purchases this product, we explained many times exactly how we wanted it to work and what our firm's needs were. After too many long customer service calls we discovered that the way we wanted the software to work just wasn't what it was designed for. Whats more, apparently its not what anything in the industry is designed to do. Needless to say, we were very frustrated we'd done all this work to transfer us over to using Mimecast for our email security. I felt like if they'd just told us we were wanting the impossible, we would of reformatted our search and very likely still gone with Mimecast, but would of had realistic expectations.

Mimecast Anti Spam

Publié le 18/12/2018
IT Specialist
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall very happy with the reduction in junk emails we have seen since starting Mimecast. The options to tailor the settings to filter more or less of certain types of emails has been really helpful. We have also seen a huge decrease in account compromises because the emails just aren't getting through and do not give our users a chance to make mistake, So helpful!

Avantages: Mimecast does a much better job screening the spam email then we got from simply using the built in Microsoft spam filters offered by Office 365 for Outlook. We have anti-virus that supposedly helps prevent spam email as well but since we have started using Mimecast we get virtually zero junk emails in our inboxes which is nice.

Inconvénients: The only real complaints I have about Mimecast is the way it sends you emails and asks whether you want to release, block or permit the email that has been placed on hold. This has caused some of our users difficulty and even some of them have reported these emails as spam to us. It is a simple enough process but for some reason our users either don't read them and understand the email or they see it as junk and just ignore them.

Great product that just works as expected. Easy to use and manage.

Publié le 08/11/2017
David M.
Director of Technology Services

Commentaires: Email protection

Avantages: Mimecast is a great product overall and just works as expected. Because it is a SaaS offering, setup and config is quick and easy and the overall reliability has been everything we expected it to be. Mimecast has also continued to innovate and introduce new offerings to enhance our overall security which is key to staying ahead of the curve from our perspective.

Inconvénients: The only con I have with Mimecast is that the administrative console is not the easiest to navigate and is often slow. While the end user facing components are easy to use and do not require much training, the admin portal seems designed by engineers with less end-user perspective. It is also much slower to navigate than other websites.

Mimecast Keeps Company Email/Data Secure

Publié le 20/08/2018
Janet N.
Administrative Assistant
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway has provided us with trust and reliability when looking for a better way to manage our critical information in a more secure way. I trust that Mimecast will continue to do great things for our company. If I could put into better words, I would say that this company is totally worth the investment. I see great changes within my organization since it was launched here. We should to get so many emails that would attempt to get private information through false links. But it has seen been much improved with Mimecast. It has taken the guess out of what is real and what is fake.

Avantages: I like that Mimecast has features that protect the integrity of our financial email. It's cyber security features are pretty resilient and effective as we aim to strengthen our cyber security measures. My company has just implemented this into our email systems and so far we have seen a change in the level of spam, spyware, malware and other hacking devices. I think we made a great choice going with Mimecast as it is a terrific company if you are looking for email management.

Inconvénients: The only thing I do not like but am getting used to is the holding of email until it pushes to outlook. I guess this is protocol to verify outside email but it can be quite annoying as I noticed that some email is held until the end of the work day. I did however, learn that I could go into one of the Mimecast tabs in outlook to find emails that are on hold. No big deal.

Best Email Filtering we have found after using the other big names ones

Publié le 19/04/2018
Jeffrey S.
Systems Director
Vente en gros, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Freed up ALL IT resources for email filtering and monitoring. Rarely have to touch this product.

Avantages: It stops 99.9% of the garbage and not just the obvious. The Phone plug in is easier to use then Apples mail and you can see all the email in it, crazy fast too. The Desktop app workk great with outlook, empowers the users and stops call to IT. Setup was easy and support gave us all the best practices to use.

Inconvénients: The setup can be a bit tough BUT their support will walk you thru any and all issues. Wish there was more SSO options as we have users who would like most software handed to them completely configured and ready to us(no registering).

Mimecast keeps us protected

Publié le 18/12/2018
Jon S.
Vice President of Information Technology
Matières plastiques, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mimecast has give the IT Department peace of mind and great strengthened our security posture.

Avantages: Mimecast has nearly eliminated phishing attacks and malware via email at our company. It has also greatly reduced spam while still allowing users to catch any false positives and get the emails they need without submitting a ticket.

Inconvénients: It was difficult to train users to read through the daily digest, and when some users Blocked certain senders, they didn't realize the wouldn't be able to easily receive future emails from those companies, causing frustrations

Mimecast....it could be better

Publié le 13/11/2018
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'd like to point out that I am approaching this review from a user standpoint. I want to make it clear that I am not part of my company's IT team, and I am aware that this program has contributed to cleaning up our email server and preventing potentially dangerous/harmful emails from entering our network. As a user, I see somethings that could be fixed, but I know that it is overall doing it's intended job which is good enough for now.

Avantages: As a user of this software, I like that I can retrieve ANY of my past emails, even if they have been deleted. It gives me peace of mind that nothing is permanent, and I can keep my inbox organized with minimal emails, knowing that I can access anything at any point. I also appreciate the Mimecast app - I don't have to keep my email on my phone and receive constant updates about what is happening while I am outside of the office. I can log into the Mimecast app at my leisure and see everything that is going on.

Inconvénients: I just think it is clunky. It is slow, it doesn't always work, and it sometimes disappears from my computer. Seriously - I've had to download and redownload multiple times (with the help of my IT department). I am unsure if that is because of the software itself or because of it's relationship with Outlook and Citrix, but there are definitely some bugs to smooth out. I also think that the search function is not as easy to use as most search functions. It takes a lot of filtering and keyword searching to find what I am looking for, and sometimes it is an impossible job.

Mimecast is a high quality e-mail security service although a bit pricey

Publié le 28/12/2018
Connor S.
IT Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's just a top notch product, as I said the price is quite high when you look at the competitors however I guarantee you that the support and functionality won't be as good as MimeCasts.

Avantages: The functionality of the software is amazing, no matter what your setup or need is I'm sure that MimeCast will be able to accommodate you. The customer support has been amazing, every time I have contacted them they've resolved the issue in a thorough and quick manner.

Inconvénients: The price, it's a high price compared to some of it's competitors however I do firmly believe you're getting what you pay for. I haven't regretted my purchase of the software at all.

Works well most of the time

Publié le 16/03/2019
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Recherche, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would say this is a good solution, but a work in progress nonetheless.

Avantages: Ease of use - mimecast makes it super easy to deal with all the annoying spam, and other unwanted messages.

Inconvénients: It has been known to "eat" an occasional good-willed email from someone not currently in my network. Also, emails from services where you wish to reset your password can take a day or more to appear in your MimeCast folder.

Has saved me from many embarrasing phishing scams!

Publié le 21/03/2019
Lawyer
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have had Mimecast installed on our computers at work since I began working here. There has not yet been one phishing scam (other than internal tests) that has slipped through the mimecast security cracks. This is a must have!

Inconvénients: There are times where the plugin fails or it crashes and suddenly disappears from Outlook. I think the outlook integration should be fixed.

Great email Security software

Publié le 06/11/2018
Manny P.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mimecast can be made more user-friendly and there could always be more improvements made.

Avantages: Ideal for monitoring emails and very simple setup for retrieve old emails. Integrates easily with O365 and user's can simply access their emails at anytime.

Inconvénients: The software every now and then with some user's has ongoing errors with client credentials when passwords are reset, annoying some users.

Solid product with a lot of features and functionality

Publié le 06/11/2018
Server Administrator
Services d'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use this product to protect about 8000 mailboxes.

Avantages: Where do i begin?
This is an advanced product for email filtering.
It is solid and works well.
Solid product to put in front of your email server or your cloud platform instance as it offers better than average threat protection.

Inconvénients: Interface is not intuitive at all and it will take some getting used to.

Comprehensive Email Security

Publié le 23/07/2018
Matt M.
Systems Administrator

Avantages: very feature rich
constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection
integrates well with other Mimecast products
easy for users to understand Mimecast security alerts

Inconvénients: configuring some of the policies can be confusing
occasional feature overlap
some SPAM email will still get through unless you set very strict filters

Great cloud-based email scanning and filtering service.

Publié le 19/06/2018
Nathan E.
Network Analyst
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Highly-scalable and customizable email scanning and filtering in the cloud.

Avantages: Highly configurable. Very flexible. Provides multiple layers of protection on both inbound and outbound messages. Includes great tools for tracking and reporting.

Inconvénients: Some of the layout in the admin console can be a bit confusing as to where certain settings are configured.

Effective but not user friendly

Publié le 02/01/2019
Mark N.
IT Support Analyst
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mimecast is a great spam filter, however when I am working behind the scenes it can be a bit of a pain.

Avantages: MimeCast has a very powerful spam filter that hasn't failed me yet. After about 8 months of using it there have been no issues with truly harmful messages getting to my inbox or anyone else in the company. Mimecast has a very simple "permit, block or allow" system that is easy for system administrators to decide with ease, as well as giving reasons why something had been caught in a spam filter.

Inconvénients: There are a few issues with Mimecast, one being there is no way for Chrome to remember the password when logging into Mimecast. This might be due to the fact that there are two different pages where you input username and password. I find myself going to my password manager constantly in order to retrieve the password for Mimecast. The main page is not very intuitive either, the developer implemented tabs for the page which for a normal user would probably never use, and even confused me a bit.

Mimecast just works!

Publié le 06/08/2019
Geoffrey R.
Director of Information Technology and Security
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Consistency of a great product. Mimecast just works! We use it for Email protection. It captures spam and viruses, and checks attachments in a sandbox area to check for dangerous files.

Inconvénients: Not much to dislike. We really like everything that Mimecast does for us.

A very comprehensive email security product

Publié le 06/08/2018
IT Manager
Aviation et industrie aéronautique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Being a SaaS offering, Mimecast can scale with you. The support is fantastic, I have never had a bad experience and their knowledge base is extremely good.

Inconvénients: navigating the web portal at first can be a bit confusing. Outlook add in a bit clunky at times.

Thoughts on Mime Cast

Publié le 05/06/2019
Executive Assistant
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I am satisfied with this and ease of using it. It is very important that we communicate with out investors and protect their information.

Avantages: That I can use it as plug in/add on to my current email software. I do not like when I have to open browser just to see secured email

Inconvénients: A few times my email would freeze when I sent a secured email/ or I would have to remove and re-add this software when it was not preforming properly

Nothing but excellence.

Publié le 14/03/2018
Mark J.
IT Infrastructure Manager

Commentaires: Security

Avantages: MimeCast has helped so much in protecting us against Impersonation attacks which were a daily problem. IT helps us block nearly 10 000 Spam mails a week. since i implemented the MimeCast services my daily hours of work have been cut back and my stress levels have lowered. There support is phenomenal which makes me forget that i am dealing with a South African support line.

Inconvénients: If you dont go on some training and try to setup MimeCast by yourself you will battle a bit so take up their offer on training.

Great overall Email Protection

Publié le 16/02/2017
Joevanne V.
Security Engineer
Services financiers, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mimecast has been very effective in our environment. The product provides us with multiple types of protection against spam, malicious emails, and investigations.

Avantages: Multiple offerings

Inconvénients: lacks protections vs phishing

We use mimecast as an additional layer of e-mail security. I mainly notice it when it pops up when I

Publié le 13/04/2018
Philip C.
Analyst
Conseil en gestion, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Additional protection from e-mail hacks.

Avantages: It is very important as a business to protect yourself from being hacked through e-mails. One of the largest issues is users being compromised by e-mails that make it through the spam filter and mimecast is a good way of making users stop and think before opening links.

Inconvénients: I think that this software is fairly expensive considering the role that it plays, however, it is an important thing to get right.

Mimecast is an additional security layer that I haven't felt much benefit from at all.

Publié le 31/05/2018
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I haven't found any benefits from the software as yet. Maybe the benefits are the fact that my mailbox isn't crowded with SPAM, but, then again, it wasn't before MimeCast. I may be looking at this entirely wrong and not seeing the benefits that have been introduced, but I haven't felt them at all.

Avantages: Mimecast runs on the e-mail server side, so there was no change to the way I way or handle e-mails every day. The software guided me through device registration when opening links, and explained what was happening at each step and why.

Inconvénients: Lots of e-mails that come from trusted sources have been marked as SPAM. This occurs on a regular basis. The fact that device registrations, to ensure links can be opened in e-mails, are based on a stored cookie is really inconvenient. This means that if I choose not to allow cookies, I need to register the device I am using (via a 2 factor emailed code) every time I click on a link in e-mail.

Never had an issue, wish I had login to review blocked emails readily

Publié le 13/04/2019
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Pétrole et énergies, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Never had issue with spam arriving in my inbox

Inconvénients: I don't have a login in to review blocked emails at anytime, I have to click on them in the automated email, which sometimes i delete by accident.

Great Email Bouncer

Publié le 05/04/2019
Daniel J.
Technical Coordinator
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Works well, and I love it.

Avantages: Using this has been fairly simple. Our users just get the "PostMaster" from Mimecast for anything that the product doesn't know if it is good or bad and the user selects the appropriate portion. It works very well for acting as an email bouncer.

Inconvénients: Most users forget that it is there and ignore their PostMaster emails

Threat Intelligence

Publié le 31/07/2019
Marcial T.
IT Engineer
Construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Organization gradually decrease phishing attacks successfully

Avantages: it provides actionable data on what types of attacks are targeting the organization

Inconvénients: requires end-user training for some basis commands