STAY AWAY

Publié le 08/04/2019
Matt C.
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have made a few big mistakes in running my business over the years.
Among the top 2 are getting involved with harbortouch.
I was told by the salesman that there was a three year commitment.
During that three years I experienced a multitude of issues, and paid over 5% total for my "free" system.
the first red flag was that I went into it with some concerns, but was told there was a 30 day period that I could return the system.
A couple weeks in, when I called with some concern over the operations, I was told that the 30 day period was up, because it started the day the order was placed, and NOT the day it arrived two weeks later. That was the first indication that they were operating in bad faith.
for the next few months every time they did a system update, it took place at noon. that was a busy tie for me, and the system shut down completely for 30 minutes or longer. Customers who couldn't pay just left.
I called every time this happened of course, and got zero response. No consideration for the fact that they were costing me revenues.
There are many flaws in the system. The pool on employees contained all the staff that was ever employed, with no way to clear out all but the current employees, making it difficult or impossible to use. They could not calculate the hours for the staff.
the daily reports had the credit line and the cash income line in random order day to day. Gift cards were treated as income when sold, and were treated as income when redeemed, so there w

Avantages: Nothing.
The screen has no ability to modify the placement or order of buttons.
constant updates occurred during open hours, locking the system up for 30 minutes.
the reports put different categories of revenue in a different order each day, randomly.

Inconvénients: there was very little in the way of reports to track sales.
couldn't track daily sales to compare from year to year, or track which hours had high or low sales.
labor was the worst.
once an employee was in the system, they were always in the way, with no way to change their status o inactive to get them off the screen.
Sales of gift cards were considered revenue, redeeming gift cards were considered revenue, so you paid income tax on the same income twice.
and the gift cards were expensive, of course.

Terrible POS - very poor customer service

Publié le 24/07/2017
David B.

Commentaires: NONE!

Avantages: NONE! There is nothing about this system that is acceptable. They update in the middle of the day!, system always crashes, very poor customer service,

Inconvénients: We have had the Harbortouch POS system for over two (2) years. We regrettably signed a three (3) year contract. Since day 1, we have had nothing but trouble. The system can go off line numerous times, or freeze up, throughout the day, generally when customers are waiting. This is extremely bothersome when you are trying to charge a credit card. Added to this, is that this company has one to the poorest customer service I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Today, our system went down three times during sales, with the last time the POS froze up. One was with a credit card purchase, thankfully the customer was very understanding and used cash instead. Once again we had to call customer service (which is poor) and once again we were put on hold for over 35 minutes. At first, the customer service rep said to just turn off the system, and turn back on -- rebooting ---- informed him that has already been done, then he put us on hold again. He returned to tell us that 'yes' there is 'something' wrong with their system, they are working on it, and it should be around an hour or so. When asked about credit card sales, his response was that we could always call the credit card company! Unacceptable when you are running a restaurant and the customers are waiting to pay. Customer Services' attitude appears to be that 'we have you under contract... hahaha. I know another merchant who also has Harbortouch, and has the same problems and complaints. This is a "POS - POS"

You lose more than you win

Publié le 04/12/2019
Dan Z.
GM
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: Awful

Avantages: It is cheap,

Inconvénients: The layout, theme, support, any sort of extra integration you may need (Website, online ordering platforms) forget about it, slow running, wastes a tremendous amount of paper.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 05/12/2019

Dan,

We are saddened to hear that you are more than dissatisfied with your Harbortouch POS system and apologize for your negative experience. We work hard to develop user-friendly products that deliver exponential value to our customers. We would like the opportunity to understand more of your concerns and work together to determine a solution that will work well for your business. At your convenience, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID number and best contact number. Once we have this information, someone from our management team will be able to review your account and contact you to discuss this further.

Going with Harbortouch was the absolute worst decision I made in opening my business.

Publié le 30/06/2017
Cory T.
Hôtellerie, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software is complete rubbish and continues to break down a couple times per week. It doesn't even have the basic functionality needed to run a restaurant. In theory its simple to use. But with the number of times it breaks down per week, and the limited functionality, you always need a manager around to come up with workarounds when the software doesn't work or doesn't do what you need it to do.

Inconvénients: Let me start by explaining what initially attracted me to Harbortouch: 1) Low upfront costs, 2) Salesperson told me to expect my effective rate to be about 1.8%, 3) Equipment would be under full replacement warranty for three years, 4) Customer service would be on call 24/7, 5) Salesperson told me that they would be the first company to issue an EMV solution for restaurants, and 6) they told me that they had a reservation system built in to the system. My experience: 1) The low up-front costs turned out to be "not true". There were a lot of set-up fees, printer fees, etc that they never explained up front.
2) Four months in to operating my business, my effective rate is closer to 2.55% (not the 1.8% the Sales Rep quoted).
3) I've had two hard equipment breakdowns in the first four months. Yes, they did replace the equipment but transit and set-up time accounts to over a week. So that's two week's worth of down equipment so I've lost internal capacity and added wait times to my customers.
4) Yes, customer service is on-call 24/7. BUT, hold times to talk to someone often are over 30 minutes. I typically need their help a couple times a week because the software is complete rubbish as well. Then another 20-30 minutes or so to resolve the software problems. So I lose about 2 hours of my life per week dealing with rubbish software and their Customer Service.
5) The EMV system is no longer even on the horizon.
6) The reservation system is unusable.

Terrible experience

Publié le 28/02/2019
Mark S.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Not good at all. Especially changing terms of agreement, system constantly wipes out inventory we enter and than we have to reenter than wipes out again. Very aggravating.

Avantages: The beginning it is great sales pitch convenient for having POS system and service at monthly rate rather than upfront cost. Customer service avail 24/7 but limited in their ability to help (depending on who you reach).

Inconvénients: -POs system could've been purchased much less than what they charge monthly
- They changed terms of contract a few months after committing to 3 yr deal..which triples cost of ending service early
- My slow months with little sells they charge me more
- countless problems with inventory end of POS, constantly wopes out inventory I enter and re-enter
- I feel they prey on start up businesses like myself. Lock you in, make changes to their agreement, raise prices, limited capabilities for a growing business.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 05/03/2019

Mark, we are disheartened to hear of your experience with Harbortouch and sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that may have come from our end. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account in our database. Someone from our management staff will review your account and reach our to you ASAP to discuss potential resolutions.

Constant equipment failure during busy periods, on hold forever, over-charging me for months

Publié le 14/03/2018
Andrea M.
Support client

Avantages: The updated Harbortouch Lighthouse reporting, however I have learned most POS system have the same reporting. If I could give negative stars I would.

Inconvénients: software un-reliable, did not live up to their contract, randomly giving me price increases when I had a 3 year signed contract, never removed additional costs i.e. gift card charge after I had asked several times, automatically renewed me for another 3 years, never gave me notice and found out when I tried to cancel my service. Very expensive, poor customer service depending on the rep you get on the phone. Currently I have been on the phone for over 46 minutes trying to get my statement issues resolved. I have a screen shot to prove it. Horrible feeling that I have been taken advantage of being a new business owner. You have many options for POS systems, this is NOT it. I realize the POS and credit card processing is confusing, talk to you bank first and other business owners before making your decision. It is very important.

Accouting Assistant - New integration

Publié le 21/11/2018
Kadi D.
Accounting Assistant
Restaurants, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is easy to make adjustments to the POS through their website to multiple stores. Some reporting functions are useful

Inconvénients: Reports should be more customize able. I have 12 locations, and there are not a lot of reports i can run for all 12 locations and have the information separated by location. I must run the report 12 times. I would like to be able to create reports that I am able to specialize. When we signed up with HT we were promised an integration with Compeat. Not only did we find out after the POS was installed that this was not possible, we were promised a quick resolution to the issue. There has been hardly any communication. We have follow up over, and over, and over again to receive any resposnse. All communication is initiated by us - HT will not reach out. Would not reccomment this company to anyone. The installations was in July and this is still not resolved.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 26/11/2018

Kadi, we first want to apologize for the frustrating experience you have with Harbortouch thus far. We are continuously working to improve the customer experience through our software and backend portal to make managing your business as simple as possible. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. Please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID Number so that we can look into this further and resolve with the best possible solution.

As others have said, Rip Off Artists

Publié le 12/09/2017
James P.
Small Business Owner
Support client

Avantages: It's fine. I really have no problem with the actual software,.

Inconvénients: Somehow they lost our paperwork (seriously, in this day and age, actual PAPER work) to cancel three times, so they just went ahead and kept charging us for three years, though we were no longer receiving services. When I asked what we were paying for, I was told that it was a fee to "keep the account" open. A number of fake reviews this company takes and the frankly antagonistic way they deal with customers is gross.
it's more in how the rest of the company handles itself. They're the mean kid who says "well the rules say" and use them to treat people terribly. If enough people complain that something isn't clear, why not change it? Instead, Harbortouch uses the confusion (that they create) to get more money. Especially sad since they mostly work with small businesses - these are people, Harbortouch, not just dollar signs.

The WORST POS! Held MY DOLLARS for 6 months! ARTISTS!

Publié le 17/08/2018
Natalie R.
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: WHAT A NIGHTMARE! My business grew despite this cumbersome checkout process and when the time came to move this company HELD my dollars AND CONTINUED to milk my business account for endless over charges that were all made up! I had to fight for months to get my money back and then they STILL went into my account to take even MORE! SAVE your money and invest in something else! These people are scam artists!

Avantages: NOTHING! This system completely stinks and the service is terrible!

Inconvénients: This software is nowhere near as user friendly as they make it sound. It was cumbersome to set up, a pain to adjust and there where duplicate items. Worse still it was painful to use on a daily basis, constantly having to scroll though pages and pages! I bought this because I thought is was a great deal for a new business. I was WRONG. I should have just paid the upfront cost with my bank and let them handle it or found a better solution.

Super high hidden fees & bad business

Publié le 23/10/2018
Yorgen U.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I reviewed my fees and contacted them to cancel my service. After a long time trying to tell me that my tear rate was set to high by them and that I'm a valued merchant. The rep got upset that she couldn't convince me to keep the service. SHE SAID "WELL, I'LL SEND YOU A CANCELLATION FORM BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY US $1260 TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT!' What a horrible way to do business. High Fees and bad Business.

Avantages: I wish I had a pro other then I have 21 months left on my contract to get rid of them.

Inconvénients: They show you up front how much your fee of 2.5, 2.8% is when in fact they are charging more then a 14 - 18% overall. Not to mention their yearly fee!

envoyé par Harbortouch le 29/10/2018

Yorgen, we sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Harbortouch. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and would like the opportunity to resolve your complaints. We were able to locate your account in our database, and someone from Harbortouch will be reaching out to you ASAP.

Works okay as long as you're okay with workflows from 1995.

Publié le 07/06/2017
Thomas B.
IT/Graphic Design
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Point of sale operation and tracking.

Avantages: Overall works okay and handles medium to high volume usage. Once employees are trained they're typically good to go. Allows us to have as many users as we need. Customer support is rather helpful within the rather restricted scope of what the software can accomplish.

Inconvénients: Most things about it. Software assumes that employees don't make mistakes and always follow company policy. More often than not when we try to accomplish something with it we have to find a way to trick it into accomplishing something similar to what we want. For instance, company policy is that every entree must have a beverage. After calling support the only way to do this is to setup beverages as a forced choice on every item on the menu however that then means that those beverages are counted as food revenue at the end of the day. System is obtuse about how to setup items. Items cannot be deleted so when there's a misunderstanding and there's 3 different entries for the same item on the menu, or we decide to change the layout of the dining room we cannot delete excess items or tables leading to clutter in the interface.

Worst Option

Publié le 14/01/2019
Chief Operations Officer
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Almost every option they offer is not allowed or the staff cannot make it work.

Avantages: At the beginning it was a one stop place for a pos and credit processing vendor, but the hidden fees quickly changed that

Inconvénients: Customer service, hidden fees, and fighting to get our money back

envoyé par Harbortouch le 22/01/2019

Good Morning, we would like to first apologize for any miscommunication that may have come from our end at Harbortouch. We always work to ensure that our merchants are in full understanding of our fees and receive extraordinary customer service each time they contact us. We would like to get a better understanding of the issues you have been experiencing so we may try and resolve them for you. At your convenience, please send an email with your Merchant ID Number to reviews@harbortouch.com. Once we have this information, someone from upper management will review your account and be in contact with you.

A Total Nightmare! Overcharges and Bogus Fees

Publié le 11/03/2017
Bruno T.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our experience with Harbortouch has been horrible.They have charged us fees above what was agreed to, and charged bogus PCI fees, which no reputable bank charges. To get refunds from them is like pulling teeth. Our merchant ID is 18515325. Example: Looking at the December 2016 statement, I had total transactions in the amount of $802.34. Of this amount, $595.54 were debit transactions. Of the total of $802.34, I was charged 9% of my total. These alleged charges of "authorization" and "other" are included in the processing fees, not in addition to. Both their regional manager and their sales rep promised that any rates from other banks would be matched by Harbortouch. Complete BS! Also, their CEO basically told me I was stuck in a contract and no refunds for overcharges would be made. By the way, this so called "free" POS system costs us highly, in addition to their outrageous fees. Also, there contract protects them from filing suit in your local courts, and that you wave class action status.Would a reputable company need this?

Avantages: Ease of use

Inconvénients: The fees involved. Too expensive!

Worst POS contract on the market

Publié le 29/03/2019
Andrea M.
Owneer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: RUN away as fast as you can! So many good POS systems out there, this is NOT one of them.

Avantages: We had it for 4 years, it was down more than it functioned.

Inconvénients: They trick you with the contract, giving you a 3 year renewal for the processing fees (which you must use Harbortouch for) and a 4 year renewal on the POS operating system. If you do the math, you cannot ever get out of your contract.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 02/04/2019

Andrea, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with Harbortouch. We ensure to always put our merchants first and strive to ensure they have the best merchant experience possible. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone from our management staff will review your account and be in contact with you ASAP to see how we can correct this for you.

Was not PCI compliant and charge you for it, sold me a restaurant POS, I am a vapor shop, technical

Publié le 29/08/2017
Dana J.
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: None! Higher rates on holding my money....What could benefit you from that?

Inconvénients: Too hard to find items, can't just type in what you need, sent back system and they said I didn't send it back and are charging me for it, what a scam! Technical support is never available and when they are, talk way over the average persons head, rates were lowered and they didn't pass it on to their customers, always down, which they can charge you a higher rate if you have to manually enter the card number. I have reported them to better business bureau. They hung up on me today. So juvenile. DON'T USE THIS SYSTEM. YOU WILL BE SORRY....

Avoid Harbortouch at all cost

Publié le 04/06/2019
Joshua Y.
Director of Sales
Services et installations de loisirs, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have never taken the time to go out of my way to write a negative review about any company I have ever worked with. My experience with Harbortouch has led me to search out every site that does reviews. It appears that they have disabled Google reviews of their product, and I assume it would be because it would be very bad.

Avantages: I purchased because of the ability to get the hardware without an upfront investment. TERRIBLE MISTAKE ON MY PART.

Inconvénients: Customer support, product support, development. It is clear that the business model for this company is to provide a product that looks good enough to get people to sign a three-year contract. I can't imagine that they have much retention after that initial contract

envoyé par Harbortouch le 06/06/2019

Joshua,

We are disheartened to hear of your negative experience with Harbortouch and would like to sincerely apologize. We at Harbortouch strive to provide our valued customers with the best products and exceptional customer service. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. At your convenience, please email your Merchant ID Number and best contact number to reviews@harbortouch.com. Someone from upper management will then be in touch with you to discuss and resolve these issues.

Absolutely The Worst POS & "Customer Service" Avoid At All Costs

Publié le 11/06/2019
Mark W.
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: If you are into S&M and like torture,​ this is the system for you otherwise run away.

Inconvénients: The customer service is lie after lie run around after run around. The system constantly breaks, it doesn't have the most basic features​ that every POS company has been providing for nearly 2 decades. I own 7 restaurants and this by far was a huge mistake, it costs more money​ in time and labor then what its worth.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 12/06/2019

Mark,

We would first like to offer our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have been experiencing. Our goal is to provide our valued customers with the highest quality products and support possible, and we are disheartened to hear that you have had a negative experience thus far. Nevertheless, we would like the opportunity to have our upper management team review your account and resolve any outstanding issues. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be in contact with you ASAP.

Like a car that always breaks down!!! DON'T FALL FOR IT RUN.

Publié le 10/05/2017
Carlos L.
Restaurants, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A GOOD DEAL BUT I WAS VERY WRONG. DONT TRUST THE SALES GUYS THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM. THEY ARE JUST VERY GOOD AT SELLING!

Avantages: That my staff knows how to use it.
NOTHING ELSE IS GOOD ABOUT THIS SYSTEM.

Inconvénients: High cc processing fees
ALWAYS BREAKS DOWN!
Online accessing for reporting is practically nonfunctioning (takes like 30 min to pull any report) super slow, for that, I rather just go to the store and print it from there.
Hassle to get any equipment replaced that breaks.
Too many other to mention

Terrible service

Publié le 14/11/2018
Dan H.
Services à la personne et aux familles, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Terrible service when trying to solve issues.

Avantages: Nothing good for the money. I keep thinking about what My return on my investment and this company is a waste of time!

Inconvénients: Expensive service and when you have a issue they make you wait for a long time on hold!

envoyé par Harbortouch le 21/11/2018

Dan, we would first like to apologize the negative experience you had with Harbortouch. We make customer satisfaction a top priority and are saddened to hear that your experience was sub-par. If there is anything Harbortouch can do for you in future, please email reviews@harbortouch.com.

Beware of Harbortouch

Publié le 17/06/2019
Melody D.
vice president
Produits alimentaires, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The first month was great and everything happened just as the salesperson said it would. The second month was hell. They arbitrarily changed my billing from monthly to daily without telling me, deducting various amounts from our checking account without invoicing. This caused more than $600 in overdraft fees. Even after I fixed all this with the bank and stipulated to Harbourtouch what I would accept and not accept in writing, they did it again! This time it caused $210 in overdraft fees. Finally, their retention department changed my account to monthly and I have one more shot at fixing this to get more than $200 in money being held in limbo. I can't settle my register until I have money in the bank and know they aren't deducting until everything is through.

Avantages: The fact that they provided a cash register too and all of it was already programmed.

Inconvénients: They hold my money from deposits without notification. They put a 48 hour hold on my deposits, but take out their pay on that money within 24 hours. This caused significant overdrafts, which Harbortouch wouldn't help with or accept responsibility for.

Love my Harbortouch POS

Publié le 03/12/2018
Deana B.
Owner/manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience is awesome. It gives me extra time to do other things I need to do as a manager. Increased our revenue through tracking inventory and credit card use. Also love the customer service if a problem arises.

Avantages: Easy to use for both manger and employees. Lightens my work load with inventory/inventory and accounting reports

Inconvénients: Would have liked to sit with someone in person to program.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 05/12/2018

Deana, thank you for the positive review! We strive to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our customers, and are happy to hear that you are happy. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your experience with Harbortouch, please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

Worst choice you can make

Publié le 05/12/2018
Kellie Q.
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: Waste of money

Avantages: Nothing. There is way better options out there

Inconvénients: They rip you off with added fees. Promised me a rate reduction and never did it when I tried to cancel my account with them. Scam

envoyé par Harbortouch le 05/12/2018

Kellie, we are truly sorry for your experience with Harbortouch thus far. We would like an opportunity to re-evaluate your account and make this right for you. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be reaching out to you ASAP to discuss how we can resolve this issue.

Lies, lies, lies!!!

Publié le 21/03/2017
Keith B.
Restaurants, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: They promised to match the 1.69% I pay with Payanywhere but after all their fees their actual rate is over 8%!! That is crazy, they lie and charge fees for everything they can make up and charge way more than their contract says that they will. They will tell you that somewhere in their contract it says that they can raise their prices anytime. DO NOT believe them when they say they will match a competitors price. All lies.
We are compiling a list of complaints against Harbortouch to get them to fix or take legal action. If you have had problems, please contact me at thegardenspot@att.net

Avantages: Soon the nightmare will be over.

Inconvénients: Everything from start to finish. Nothing was true.
Fees are 600% higher than competitors.
Takes twice as long for the money to get to your account.
Made-up fees for everything. (read other reviews)
Cant ever talk to someone to help.

All Around Best POS System and Customer Service

Publié le 11/12/2018
Myline D.
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Every time I call the customer service line, they are always so helpful. The POS never fails us and always keeps up with our volume.

Avantages: I love how easy and user friendly. Everything is self explanatory but if you have a question their customer service is always so helpful and knowledgeable.

Inconvénients: I wish the receipt paper wasn't so long. going through double the amount with the new card/chip reader.

envoyé par Harbortouch le 21/12/2018

Myline, we are happy to hear of your positive experience with Harbortouch! If there is ever anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please feel free to reach out to us via reviews@harbortouch.com. We will be more than happy to assist!

Con Artist

Publié le 02/08/2018
Jessie M.
restaurant owner
Restaurants, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: HORRIBLE!

Avantages: NOTHING!!!!! This company is a joke, they are thieves

Inconvénients: This company is a joke. once they get you signed up you can't leave without spending thousands of dollars. Even when it comes time when you should be able to write a simple letter to get out of the agreement they come up with some crazy reason why your letter wasn't excepted and how your contract started over. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!