The Future Software Point of Sharing a Perfect Collaborative Tool to make an Awesome Organization!

Publié le 04/04/2018
Harsha V.
Sharepoint Administrator
Assurance, 501-1 000 employés
Support client

Avantages: + Creating a new SharePoint site/app/directory is very easy and manageable. Users need to request the access before using the website or owner can manage how and whom to give what permission level of access on each site.
+ We could inherit permissions from top level site or we can manage permissions separately to each individual sub sites.
+ Permissions on each document level! Jaw Dropping feature of genius.
+ It has a plenty amount of features to choose from and you can customize each app to fit your business needs.
+ You can also add sandbox solution based or script based jssor/jsom apps to each SharePoint site.
+ Very easy to share files and information across our organization.
+ Perfect for document management and storage system for employees of many locations.
Syncing the SharePoint content is a nice feature.
+ Uploading/Checking in thousands of documents at one click with the help of explorer is definitely something special.
+ Connecting SharePoint calendars to your Outlook calendar will make your work life easy.
+ SharePoint Designer, Info path, Nintex, K2 all are bonus to have for OOTB Workflow configurations.
+ Content management Checkin, Checkout, Publish, Approve/Reject features are nice features to have on each document.
+ Not only Search, You can even do Filters among search results.
+ Not only Filters, You can do Best Bets on search results.
+ What is more, All search results are very fast across the whole website.

Inconvénients: A humble advice to Microsoft SharePoint team! since we can't host External websites on cloud, It will be good if they come up with Team Communication sites, Forms apps within On Premises.
Comments from Anonymous users on our SharePoint Blogs: If we have the ability to get comments/likes from anonymous users outside our organization it would be helpful for organizations which are depending on SharePoint On Premises version because of PPI (Personal Protected Information) data.
In Overall, There isn't anything to dislike about it, to be honest it is everything we've expected it to be.

SharePoint and File Storage

Publié le 29/08/2019
David Y.
Editorial Manager and Designer
Édition, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with SharePoint has been positive across the many years I've used it. One of the best features I learned about in recent years was the ability to map SharePoint to a drive on your computer. This has really helped in terms of uploading and downloading multiple files simultaneously. If you plan to use SharePoint, I highly recommend looking into this feature as it will save you a ton of time and enable you faster access to your files versus accessing them from a browser window. Mapping is extremely easy and, in my experience, invaluable. You will also find that you can post graphics on your SharePoint pages. We frequently post "work anniversary" or "birthday wishes" for our team. Lastly, the calendar is extremely helpful as you can block out vacations, conferences, and other events, and know, at a glance, what's happening each day without having to search through Outlook or other resources.

Avantages: I've used SharePoint for over a decade. Long before "the cloud" was the tech buzz word, SharePoint was providing users with web-based storage access, and it still does. There are many things to like about SharePoint. First and foremost, it functions much like a web site. Users can easily navigate to their SharePoint home page and set up additional pages, upload and download files, add calendars and calendar events, and much more. SharePoint also creates archives of all files, so if you revise a file and then later need to see an earlier version of that file, you can use SharePoint's versioning functionality to do this. It's a great utility for storing files of all sorts that others on your team need to use. Uploading and downloading files couldn't be easier. We created different landing pages based on our company's needs. For example, we have a Marketing page to store our collateral, a Content page for manuscripts and legal documents, and an HR page for human resources-related materials.

Inconvénients: It can take users a bit of time to understand the unique functionality of SharePoint. However, if you navigate around the toolbars you should find what you are looking for. In terms of design, SharePoint is relatively basic, so users looking for something with a bit more visual flash might be disappointed. Though if you are mainly looking for a reliable place to manage countless files, SharePoint is probably right for you.

Sharepoint 2013 Review

Publié le 21/11/2019
Jason M.
Systems Administrator
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Sharepoint, when setup, is wonderful. It's a great way to disseminate new information to our various locations without worrying about consistency. It is so integrated in our environment that it is the homepage for all 209 staff members. However, setting up is difficult and it seems as if the server resources (when on Prem) are not utilized efficiently. Over last 2 years or so, we had to add CPU cores without there being any REAL change in our IT environment or in sharepoint itself.

Avantages: The myriad of features. Sharepoint serves as an excellent repository for our company's files, work flows, SOPs, and staff wide notifications. It integrates very well with our other windows products and services such as Active Directory and Office. Our users find the interface to be smooth and free flowing.

Inconvénients: Administration. Managing Sharepoint is somewhat strenuous. About a year ago I tried to upgrade from CUM 8 to CUM10 and it broke the "sites" section. I reverted the changes using a backup I had and tried doing the upgrade again with the help of the Microsoft Support team. The MS Tech was VERY helpful and patient, however we were not successful with the upgrade and I eventually asked that the case be closed since I have already invested several hours. - Needs to be fully integrated with Chrome. With IE no longer being supported and Chrome having about 70% of the market share, Sharepoint needs to be fully compatible with Chrome to ensure users aren't disrupted.

Good Functionality, but Ease of Use Is a Drawback

Publié le 30/10/2019
Brandon G.
Product Manager
Électronique grand public, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Considering both the positives and negatives, I think Sharepoint is a fairly decent tool for what it offers. We went from using exclusively Google's products to Sharepoint, but I still find myself going back to Google Drive, etc. for a good portion of my work. It's not that Sharepoint is explicitly bad by any means--in fact, there are a few things that it does really well. It's just that given the choice between Google's suite and Sharepoint, I find Google's easier to use and less "packed". Using Sharepoint is like shopping for cereal with 50 different choices, whereas using Google is like shopping for cereal with only 5 different choices. It might seem great to have 50 choices on the surface, but you soon find yourself in the middle of the aisle unable to make a decision because of the myriad of potential choices you could make. I'd like to again stress that Sharepoint is not a bad tool. It's just ok. If you're currently using Google's suite of products and are happy with it, I don't see any point in switching to Sharepoint. If you're looking for a wider variety of features than Google's suite, Sharepoint would be a great choice.

Avantages: I like the ability to quickly share, access, and retrieve documents that my team and I use on a weekly basis. It's nice having one place where everything is stored, and that I don't have to go to multiple storage locations to get what I need. The versatility of Sharepoint is also a bright spot. I can upload just about anything, and the storage structure is intuitive enough that I can find pretty much anything I need without a direct link to the file or folder.

Inconvénients: The UI can be confusing at times. It was confusing at first on how to navigate back to top level folders or storage locations after diving a few levels deep, and figuring out how to access the file options (delete, share, etc.) wasn't clear on the first use. I had to click around a bit in order to find what I needed. Another point on the UI is that while it seems to have gotten a makeover in recent months, there are still holdovers from a time where it seemed that "sleek and modern" was not the order of the day--I'm specifically referring to the Permissions and Access Requests screen that I had to use in order to allow people from other parts of the company access to my team's documentation and files. It can also be somewhat "clunky" and slow when processing requests, but I'm not sure if that is a function of the software itself, it's cloud-based nature, or just my company's internet acting up again. The amount of "fluff" in the feature-set I've come across is substantial. It's nice to have the versatility provided, but I think where Google's suite of products really shines is that it gives you exactly what you need, and no more. With Sharepoint, it seems like there are a multitude of features that are available but won't actively be used. For example, the homepage customization is robust, but if no one is going to use it past a basic level, what's the point of having all the extra tools? It only confuses users and adds to a subtle sense of overwhelm when using the product

Misses The Mark

Publié le 09/12/2018
Ross M.
Operations Director
Production audiovisuelle, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We had hoped that Sharepoint would offer the cloud-to-local sync functionality and performance of Dropbox, but with integration with Office and Excel. In reality, its bugs and inconsistent syncing make it a highly frustrating and a miserable experience for our staff. Dropbox offers some Office and Excel integration and in our testing its simpler and works more consistently. We will be switching to Dropbox Enterprise within the next few months. This is sad, because Sharepoint comes "free" with our Office and Excel licenses, so it just ends up being something we paid for in the bundle price that will sit on the shelf.

Avantages: SharePoint integrates with Office and Excel, which are tools we use regularly. It serves as a cloud-based central file store, and you can open files from it via the web browser or use its sync utility to sync the files locally similar to Dropbox. When it works as intended, it's a passable experience.

Inconvénients: There are daily failures by Sharepoint that add up to a miserable user experience. The biggest issue is the sync utility. On a daily basis there are problems with local changes syncing back to the cloud, or cloud changes syncing locally. We work on Macs, which I suppose is understandable that our platform wouldn't be as well-supported, but we do pay the same money that Windows users do. The integration with Finder is passabe, but the icons for "synced" or "up-to-date" are not always accurate. Also, the utility that shows you what is syncing is not always accurate. I can save a file locally and watch that utility and I see no sign that my change is syncing to the cloud. On a weekly basis, we have a user open a file from the web browser only to discover that some other user had saved a version of the file that never synced. Also, the web browser file views frequently load folders with empty file lists, you have to refresh to see the files, which is just problems with basic usability.

Sharepoint: a fine tool for file sharing and collaboration

Publié le 08/11/2019
Aaron G.
Analyst
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Fairly positive experience overall, Could be easier to use the software and manage. have some trouble sharing files outside of my organization

Avantages: SharePoint is extremely secure. when sharing files, documents, and folders using the SharePoint software I am always confident that my files will be transferred securely. Setting security permissions is simple to do and very effective.

Inconvénients: The UI of SharePoint could be more intuitive... when compared with other file sharing software such as google drive or Dropbox, SharePoint's user experience, layout, and interface leave something to be desired. Have some trouble sharing files outside of my organization

More valuable than Google Drive

Publié le 03/10/2019
Sean M.
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, it's a positive experience. It can be more costly and take more time than google or iCloud, but the security features and ability to collaborate easier with colleagues is invaluable.

Avantages: SharePoint offers more features and collaborative potential than its competitors like Google Drive, iCloud, etc.

Inconvénients: The ease of use can leave something to be desired. On less-capable computers, usage can be very slow.

Fantastic, very fast and robust

Publié le 18/10/2019
Brenda H.
Human Resources Manager
Biens de consommation, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is very easy to use, it is a platform where you can share files very comfortable. We use it at work and we find it super comfortable, I recommend yes or yes to anyone who at the company level is looking for this always in possession of the information. It's great. Our competence I also use it as I have known and for nothing of the world they give up to use it, for something will be, so it must be effective and profitable and for the same reason I will never stop using it, because it is truly useful. and not at all complicated to use. I can't say anything negative because he never gave me any trouble.

Avantages: It is easy, good and intuitive, very useful at the company level because good communication in a company is a success assured. I like the functional of the program, it's very good for a computer use, it's a robust plaicing part of a Microsoft toolset

Inconvénients: I don't like anything, it has a lot of utility to work in a company, you can have the information accessible comfortably. People can work on that information. I do not find you stick rather all the advantages of having all the information at your fingertips.

Sharing Reports with Ease!

Publié le 08/10/2019
Giovanni G.
Internal Reporting Manager
Télécommunications, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SharePoint allowed business to centralize reports and avoid sending vast amounts of data over the mailing system which saved huge resources on the server side.

Avantages: The automatization of different types of reports and sharing those reports to the target audience has never been easier. SharePoint is the application that gives you an opportunity to share your reports easily. The fact that you can edit/read reports through browser which enables users to avoid working with files that might need specific software to run not to mention well-known compability issues.

Inconvénients: The cons for this product hardly comes to my mind. The least favourite thing that I do not personally like is complex setup for reports that might not be intuitive for new users who want to create reports on SharePoint

Secure and robust cloud platform for content management

Publié le 04/10/2019
Javier D.
Customer Success Manager
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Sharepoint we have solved the storage problem we had in our DC, and we also managed to ensure that all users can access all the information no matter where they are or with what device. They only require access to the Internet. This speeds up and allows remote work.

Avantages: Sharepoint is an excellent platform that allows you to store any type of file in the cloud, work it online and share it with your colleagues. It has the particularity that allows you to give different types of access permissions, such as reading, writing, deletion, etc. It also has an excellent and powerful search engine that facilitates access to the information you are looking for.

Inconvénients: Sharepoint limits may be a bit low for some large companies, this should be modified according to each contract.

SharePoint for the WIN!

Publié le 08/10/2019
Linda R.
PROCEDURE CONTROL MANAGER
Banque, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are primarily using the system for document management. By connecting to a Microsoft Office server we are able to create and manage all documentation within SharePoint rather than having multiple versions existing on individual PCs. The fact that we can share news and utilize a central corporate calendar are cherries on top.

Avantages: SharePoint allows you to accomplish multiple tasks within one space and then easily present it to staff. In our case we use the system to present a centralized corporate calendar, manage our procedural documentation, share news/announcements, and to present a centralized staff directory with essential information based on active directory.

Inconvénients: There are small navigational quirks that are not a big deal overall, but lead to the need to train staff before use. For example, the need to enter an asterix (*) when searching a partial word. E.g. wir* (for wire)

Bobby's Sharepoint Review

Publié le 21/08/2019
Bobby S.
Business Systems Analyst
Services aux consommateurs, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's great that most big companies use Sharepoint as well. We have been able to use Sharepoint with multiple companies with integrating new softwares and products. It has definitely been the best product for working with teams inside and outside of the company.

Avantages: This software is perfect for sharing files throughout the company, especially one like ours that covers multiple states. With Sharepoint, we can work on things as a team without having to be on a call with one another.

Inconvénients: It took a little bit to get setup and to train everyone how to use it, but once everyone grasped the concept, it hasn't been too bad.

Daily user and administrator,

Publié le 03/04/2019
Evan S.
IT Business Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use SharePoint primarily as version control for documentation and also for request tracking via a SharePoint list. It is an adequate solution for these needs but leaves some things to be desired.

Avantages: Convenient way to share files in and outside of your organization. It is truly loaded with good features; whether or not your instance will be capable of utilizing them all is another question (see cons).

Inconvénients: Occasional integration issues with Microsoft's other apps such as OneNote. I had the hardest time moving a OneNote from one SharePoint to another and wound up having to do so one page at a time. SharePoint lists are our only recourse within my company for external user request tracking, and they are clunky at best. Users do not like the front-end form no matter how much tinkering we do in the provided form design tools SharePoint Design and Infopath. Poor visibility of who has access to what. The permissions hierarchy and inheritance is just not clear, and clean-up of any SharePoint you take ownership of will be a hassle. Many useful and seemingly rudimentary tasks are made difficult by integration issues with our corporate network, however this could have as much to do with our excessive security protocols than SharePoint. As such, I have not considered it in this review's score but gone ahead and included this complaint as a point of reference for anyone considering adopting SharePoint at their company. If your company's infrastructure and security model is already difficult to navigate, then it is unlikely you'll be able to take full advantage of what SharePoint has to offer without a very talented implementation team.

Share and SharePoint alike

Publié le 07/04/2019
Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officer
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As mentioned briefly above, my most recent experience with SharePoint is using lists. This particular list (with a workflow to assign tasks) replaces an Excel spreadsheet of the same information. Using a SharePoint list instead, complete with different views and user alerts, allows relevant people access to the information they need in the right format, without having to duplicate work, send email updates, etc. While SharePoint can be frustrating, it seems evident from the updates that there is a move towards more intuitive use.

Avantages: The recent updates to SharePoint have come a long way in making it more intuitive to use, and providing a better looking user interface. The management of the 'apps' (e.g. document libraries, lists, promoted links) has become much easier of late. It would be useful to see more information added to the apps descriptions, to help users determine which best suits their needs, without having to navigate to the Office help pages and/or third party sites. The best feature for my current use is the ability to create different views of a list, and initiate workflows to assign list items as Tasks for certain users, thereby automating the sharing of the distribution of workload.

Inconvénients: Some parts of SharePoint's functionality can be baffling - without formal training, it can be very difficult to work out how best to utilise SharePoint's features. When SharePoint is used across a large institution, without consistent training differing practices across different teams can make collaboration hard, as Sites/Pages/Libraries have been set up to function so differently. Inheriting a SharePoint site set up by someone else is tricky, as the logic they used to manage the site can be hard to decipher. Permissions can be hard to manage, particularly as its rarely clear to the requester to whom their requests for access are being sent. This can be frustrating, as it can contradict the 'Share' aspect of SharePoint.

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

Publié le 03/04/2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

Avantages: SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it.
We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well.
All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

Inconvénients: One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data and info

Publié le 12/11/2018
Mandeep J.
Associate Project Manager
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Avantages: Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users.
This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart.
This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees.
It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Inconvénients: Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.

A professional document sharing and collaboration tool

Publié le 12/09/2018
Digital Projects Coordinator
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've recently been evaluating SharePoint to determine if it is an effective way for our company to share sensitive documents internally and externally with other users involved in our projects. It does seem to be a solid tool for sharing documents securely so we have decided to go with it. So far, so good. I will say that most of the same features are available through Google Docs for free but ultimately, it was the whole package that SharePoint is part of that convinced us to move our workspace into it for the sake of convenience and consistency.

Avantages: This software allows you to share your documents, edit and collaborate with other users anywhere in the world in real time, securely. It's an amazing thing when you can see who is currently viewing and editing a document and everything anyone does is automatically saved and secure within the group it is shared with. SharePoint helps save an incredible amount of time and makes remote meetings much more productive. One of the possible drawbacks is that it seems to be limited to people who also use Sharepoint and live in the Microsoft community of software but I recently learned that you can share with people who don't have Microsoft accounts by providing them with a security key to access the documents. It becomes a two step process for them to accept the document and then get the key to enter but at least it is possible and this makes sure your documents remain secure.

Inconvénients: It is possible to share with people who aren't part of your network or even Microsoft's network but again, it takes extra steps. Also, there are settings that enable or disable the feature and it is not very clear where the settings are or how to use all the different share options. It took some trial and error, testing and talks with Microsoft support before we were comfortable that it could do what we needed it to do and how to do it. Even after all of that, it is still a bit unclear when certain options should be used but I suppose that could be considered a benefit of the software's flexibility to do the similar things with different methods.

Microsoft SharePoint CMS for Managing content and documents of organization

Publié le 07/06/2017
Anilkumar P.
SharePoint Consultant
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If you are small organization, always prefer SharePoint Online services and SharePoint on-premise is recommended for big organization usually.

Avantages: 1. Since it is Microsoft product, Area of development and support is very vast and also accepted globally.
2. Guidelines for installing and configuring SharePoint is very easy to compare to other CMS available in the market.
3. From performance and security point of view, SharePoint is the best product for any organization.
4.Can be easily integrated with other Microsoft product such as Outlook, Azure, Yammer, Office, and PowerBI etc.
5. SharePoint also has Foundation version (till SharePoint 2013) for free to target smaller organization.
6. With the release of SharePoint Online on cloud, It provides more flexibility and less IT team work for any organization, especially for a smaller organization.

Inconvénients: 1. Maintaining SharePoint on-premises for smaller organisation becomes very difficult and costly because it requires more technical support.
2.SharePoint may have added customization options for those who wants to implement intranet system, Microsoft actually discourages this from happening. The ease of customization with custom designs, especially from a home page perspective, can help businesses better tailor their intranet experience to the individual workers.
3. To work SharePoint search efficiently, Lots of internal customization is needed.
4. Since for SharePoint online, Microsoft is maintaining server, which ends in providing less scope for customizing.
5.Migration from old SharePoint version to new is little complex and requires lots of efforts

Safe, Secure and one of the best Microsoft Products ever!

Publié le 08/01/2018
Muneeba F.
Head Of Operations
Recherche
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Sharepoint has helped me a lot in my business. Sharepoint acts as an extra storage device for me to store all my business relevant data. The space provided by Sharepoint is also quite extensive hence anything can be saved. Entire folders can be uploaded into the Sharepoint browser link so need not to upload/save one file at a time. Also, being a product of Microsoft, it has the best security available. This software is reliable and the top notch security ensures all my data is saved and can't be compromised. My colleagues and I can share the Sharepoint link and can save data simultaneously and also work from it in live time. One of the best Microsoft Products

Avantages: Instant reporting 24/7 and consolidate data to get better reports
Can create a unique SharePoint intranet
Can enable cross-department collaboration
Can address multiple service providers
We can decide on the best pricing model
Perfect solution for small businesses planning to grow big.
Central repository / one point of truth to store and share all company data.
There are plenty of licensing models to choose from that will suit any business size.
Extremely scalable and can address multiple business requirements thereby saving you money
Communicate from a single source to give everyone the same message.
Create electronic forms to reduce the paper trail.

Inconvénients: Customization time and costs
Integration can require extra development effort
The licensing model is very complex
You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly.
It will require a lot of configuration and training.
It's browser based so if there is no internet, it means no SharePoint

SharePoint is an excellent way to set up your company's intranet.

Publié le 28/05/2018
Susan D.
Design
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A wealth of experience in working with intranet communities. I found this to be invaluable as I went on to create my own online communities.

Avantages: I was part of the team with the Oregon Department of Administration in the creation of their employee intranet built with SharePoint. It was an easy transition for me to learn SharePoint for the following reasons: Combined with previous knowledge of HTML, my familiarity with Microsoft products made it easy for me to learn SharePoint. With two day's of formal training, I was able to get up to speed in virtually no time. SharePoint has a wide variety of pre-built modules out of the box from which developers can select. One very pleasing aspect of the finished project was that the end-users came on board and operated their new employee website with ease and productivity. It gives the State employees a place both for resources for knowledge of government procedures and a marketing platform to promote their office to the rest of the department. It gives them a place for teams to streamline their workflow within each office and work together as virtual teams to enhance their digital processes. It gives each office an opportunity to individualize their space on the intranet to show their office's competencies and assets. As I am a designer at heart, SharePoint gave me the opportunity to express my creativity through the interpretation and development of each module to fit the end-user.

Inconvénients: If you have the experience ( a background with Microsoft products), it's easy to learn SharePoint. If not, it can be a bit trickier in that the HTML coding is sufficiently different within SharePoint that it can lead to confusion. I found this easy to overcome, but some might not and that is a consideration when selecting software.

SharePoint - 2018 review

Publié le 29/10/2018
Rachel S.
Proposal Analyst
Assurance, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I used to not like SharePoint at all. It was not user-friendly at all and essentially it wasn't functional. Now that the SharePoint site I use has had some re-modeling and organizing, I feel more educated on the product and I am able to use the features to access the information I need to preform my job duties. SharePoint became much more user-friendly when I was able to customize the site for my team's specific needs. I had to work with my organization's specialized SharePoint experts to educate myself and my team, and get access to several controls in order to make the necessary changes my team needed, which was a difficult process. Overall, once all the changes were made the SharePoint site my team and I use is functioning and we are easily able to retrieve documents quickly, share important bits of information, update calendars to keep everyone informed of events, PTO, OOO, etc., and we can access links to all the websites we need to use to preform our job all in one location. It's great for training purposes and is helpful for new hires to have all the information they need in one convenient location. Now that SharePoint is up and running properly for my team, it is a very helpful resource that we could not do our job without.

Avantages: It's customizable and has lots of capabilities. There are multiple applications you can add to a webpage.

Inconvénients: The company I work for has controls set in place that limit your ability to have free range of the customizations and capabilities of the site. We had to do a lot of work to create a useable platform for the team I work on to be able to easily access documents and build a library of information. The search function is not user friendly.

SharePoint is best for chatting purpose in a group.

Publié le 04/08/2019
Laura A.
Human Capital Manager
Services financiers, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I always use this efficient software for sharing the important information and documents with our friends, colleagues and team members. For me, it is the best for everything such as the sharing, storage and managing. SharePoint is best and great for storage. I can store all of my important files and information in a easier manner. I would recommended this software because SharePoint is best for the chatting purpose in a group.

Avantages: SharePoint is the best software because we can easily share all of our important information, data, files and documents with our friends, colleagues and everyone. It also help us to managing a large amount of data in a efficient way. SharePoint also provide the great opportunity for chatting in a group and colleagues at everywhere. This software is most reliable and also provide the convenient way for the new users that they easily store large amount of information, data and documents in a instant way. Hence, it is a great software for everything such as storage, sharing and managing.

Inconvénients: For the new users, they faced a lot of problems while using this efficient software because SharePoint tool provide the many options which is so difficult for us to choose. The another disadvantage is that in this software, there are a lot of security issues. But otherwise our files and data are always secure and save. Moreover, it is so expensive that's why a lot of peoples cannot afford it and not get benefited from this efficient software.

Great for big teams

Publié le 18/01/2020
Irina F.
Recruiter specialist
Automobile, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: - I am using sharepoint for creating databases that need constant data entries. Each entry needs to respect the same format so using sharepoint helps a lot in having a dynamic database for a lot of users but which also keeps a certain format that can be changed only by admins.

Avantages: - It offers a variety of apps depending on the need of your project: lists, tasks. It is interactive, easy to use, does not crash if there are multiple users or enormous information stored;
- I have worked the most with the list feature and with it you can basically create your own interactive database in which you can set whatever validation you want, you can add how many users you want and they can all work on the same type of format. You can set reminders, alerts or notifications for your e-mail so it is a very useful tool when you have to work with multiple entries and tasks that need immediate follow-up;
- Ultimately, you can export a clean database that is formated, omogenous and does not contain errors. You can easily create reports and show automated statistics using the information stored in the sharepoint;
- For storing a lot of information for big teams, it is a very useful tool.

Inconvénients: - If you want to work on a list, using filters is not that easy. Usually using filters creates a small lag.
- The interface is a bit static. Even though the features are dynamic, the user interface does not create a flowing experience.

Creating your team site is easy

Publié le 03/07/2018
Technical Support
Comptabilité, 51-200 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to use site creation allows you to have your own intranet. You create a page, give it a title, and then start adding announcement tabs, calendars, documents, and other additional features. The basic layout is easy to understand. It is a great value if you purchased an Office 365 license. You can add additional apps with the online version, but the on-premise version has more of the robust features. Anyone can manage a SharePoint site and its great for team collaborations and shared documents. Its a great way to give your company their own website internally. You can also use it for your own documentation or knowledge base center internally. This works really well as others can make changes to documents and edit files as they wish.

Inconvénients: SharePoint has some confusing permission issues if you're wary that someone in your company has too much or too little access. If an employee checks out a document then you may have to check that back in. These are just a few issues I had with permissions within SharePoint. We used the cloud based version at first, which lacks a lot of features and limits the amount of creativity you could add to the site. I really wish Microsoft would make all the menus a bit more user friendly because I feel like Site Settings can be confusing for someone simply wanting to manage one or two in-depth details of the site and its users.

Sharepoint review

Publié le 09/08/2017
Vince P.
Director of IT
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: One certain benefit is how scalable SharePoint 2016 is without the danger of lowering performance. There's been an increase in max file sizes and the number of items that can be indexed, along with a bigger list threshold. Plus you have precise control over license costs per staff member ideal for small or growing teams.

Avantages: These are just some of the pros that we have liked about Sharepoint. It is a central repository / one point of truth to store and share all your company data. Sharepoint complies with ISO standards and other legislation, which is a plus. Sharepoint enforces standards, publish policies, and provides audit trails on your changes. Sharepoint provides instant reporting 24/7 and consolidates data to get better reports. You can create electronic forms to help reduce the paper trail. You can communicate from a single source to give everyone the same message. It is scalable and can address multiple business requirements thereby saving you money. It integrates with most other software, so if you can use SharePoint for your business solutions, you can still surface the data from other applications in SharePoint.

Inconvénients: This is an expensive solution. You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly. It does require a lot of configuration and training. In larger companies it can take 3-5 years to successfully rollout an adopt. The licensing model is very complex.