Avis clients sur Mailchimp

4.4/5
  • Service client
    4.2/5

En savoir plus sur Mailchimp

MailChimp vous donne les outils marketing nécessaires pour être vous-même sur une plus grande scène.

En savoir plus sur Mailchimp

12 555 avis affichés

Deba O.
IT Support executive
Pétrole et énergies, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 10/02/2019

"Arguably the only Email Marketing and Survey tool you will ever need"

Commentaires: The learning curve for me was very straight forward. I have been able to record improved conversions from my marketing emails due to the high customization of email prepared with this software.

Avantages: First-time users of MailChimp will enjoy the editor which is fast and simple to use, as it also supports the use of drag & drop interface to prepare your message. The support for auto-responders, A/B testing, recurring emails and RSS to newsletter has made my job easier. MailChimp analytics can tell you exactly what you need to know about the emails you sent. The analytics also helps me know what and what not to adjust in my email campaign and because I use MailChimp for the creation of Facebook, Instagram and google ads is another useful reason I have stuck to it. I regularly use Mailchimp to integrate with applications like WordPress to create subscription form and create ordering pages for e-commerce software like Shopify and woo commerce. It has been flawless so far. I will say they have a lot of features in the paid plan that makes email marketing enjoyable and subscribers spoilt for choice

Inconvénients: Mail chimp does not encourage using their service for affiliate marketing even after you pay for their product. I learnt this the hard way when my defaulting account was blacklisted. I also observed that emails sent to Gmail landed in the promotion tab while some company internal servers blacklisted emails sent from my Mailchimp account. You should do well to beware of the forever free plan because they don’t provide customer service for it after 30 days and it does not support autoresponders. The pricing plan is not very straightforward to understand. Over the years, they have included some changes which are not great from a customer perspective (like the need to verify that your contact was gotten from a subscription page) and the reduction of contact allowed on the free forever plan to just 2000.

• Publié le 10/02/2019
Eve K.
Production audiovisuelle, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 12/03/2020

"Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address"

Commentaires: Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Avantages: Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Inconvénients: The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

• Publié le 12/03/2020
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 10/12/2019

"Easy to get started, still needs some additional features"

Commentaires: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Avantages: I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Inconvénients: I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

• Publié le 10/12/2019
Kenyon C.
Creative manager
  • Publié le 25/11/2019

"Don't Sleep on the Monkey, its Bananas!!!"

Commentaires: We are able to reach more customers with less legwork We were also able to change how people view our company as a whole. Mail chimp makes our 5 to 10 person group seem like and Army.

Avantages: Mail Chimp is very flexible and gives you a wide variety of easily customizable options. I use it for everything from Turkey Drives and fundraiser registrations to Album release contests. I hired 2 new people that have almost no graphic design experience and they were both able to learn the platform in a short time and implement what they knew in a real-world environment. Furthermore. The templates aren't cookie-cutter and are easily customizable. They update someone signs up for your product or offer. Its a low key way to get alot more customers and sell alot more products without texting 100 people1 at a time. in the end its definitely worth trying out

Inconvénients: I wish Mail chimp had a desktop app that was downloadable and cloud-connected. I also wish that you could integrate it with other software like Google Drive or other Cloud-based services.

• Publié le 25/11/2019
Jacob E.
Growth Marketing Manager
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 24/02/2020

"Top Email Marketing Software"

Commentaires: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Avantages: - Easy to set up VERY quickly
- WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use
- They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc.
- Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there
- You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time)
- It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Inconvénients: - Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

• Publié le 24/02/2020
Jeremiah P.
Mode et vêtements, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/01/2020

"My Go-to for email marketing"

Commentaires: Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable. I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Avantages: Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes. Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money. Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection. More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Inconvénients: In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love: 1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).
As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

• Publié le 24/01/2020
Dayley S.
Website & Marketing Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 08/01/2020

"A safe option"

Commentaires: I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Avantages: Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Inconvénients: You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

• Publié le 08/01/2020
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
  • Publié le 03/01/2020

"Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value! "

Commentaires: We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Avantages: - Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Inconvénients: - Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

• Publié le 03/01/2020
Mercedes Z.
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"Simple email marketing tool "

Commentaires: As I mentioned, MailChimp has been great for our company as we are growing. I feel MailChimp has helped keep our costs low and work flow simpler.

Avantages: MailChimp is simple and a great tool for small businesses to get their newsletters out. My company uses MailChimp to send out 2-3 emails per month and I like that pricing is tier based (dependent on how many subscribers you have). When starting out we did not have many subscribers, so the price was right for us as a new business. Mailchimp has a good amount of templates that are easy to fill in without having to code/use HTLM (although, they do have this feature as well!)

Inconvénients: There aren't as many customizable features as I would like. Although you can use their templates and add in whichever images/text you'd like -- there aren't many customizable design options.

• Publié le 06/02/2020
Niniveth marybel M.
Software Engineering Manager
Internet, 5 001-10 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 17/03/2020

"Massive emails with very professional designs and ideal for campaigns"

Commentaires: Mailchimp is a very efficient tool, as it is a great help for email campaigns, because its functions allow us to send emails in bulk and with a professional and timely design, since emails never reach the spam tray.

Avantages: Mailchimp, I like it because it allows the sending of emails in bulk, whether it is done automatically according to the time established by each user, it really helps to create marketing campaigns successfully, since it not only prevents us having to spend hours sending mail by mail, it also allows us to send emails in a personalized way, in which the template or theme, the buttons and even the images are modified, so in this way the emails are highly professional, on the other hand it is possible to send emails according to the information of the user which results in a great advantage, using it is really simple because it is only necessary to drag and drop, so handling it will not be complicated since whoever uses it is a user with Knowledge of this type of software or not, its interface is clean and intuitive, which makes it easy to use it. In addition, its most relevant and striking feature is that your emails do not go to ba Stop spam and this is because it is not detected as an insecure provider, which is why having this software is an excellent way to carry out campaigns and obtain important clients at the business level.

Inconvénients: Malilchimp, has very useful and professional characteristics but still requires improvement, as his reports are not entirely detailed.

• Source : GetApp
Ian A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Construction, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 17/03/2020

"Good, but could be great."

Commentaires: Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Avantages: What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Inconvénients: Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

Ura M.
E-learning, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/02/2020

"Great resource when starting your email list"

Commentaires: My overall experience is mostly positive. I'm loyal because Mailchimp gave me the start I needed to build my email list. I'm grateful for the learning experience.

Avantages: I like the ability to get up and started fast using the software. It was one of the only platforms that allowed me to start for free at the beginning of running the business. I also like the ability to hold my resources in the library to provide for my customers.

Inconvénients: It's hard to get a stylish form without code or use of a plugin. Some of the processes are difficult to manage even with the guides. I still have not figured out how to create segments from one list. There must be a user-friendly way to create segments than what is available now.

• Publié le 26/02/2020
Greg A.
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing"

Commentaires: Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Avantages: The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

• Publié le 21/01/2020
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 01/01/2020

"A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing"

Commentaires: I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Avantages: Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Inconvénients: Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

• Publié le 01/01/2020
Nate S.
Digital Creative Director
Marketing et publicité, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2019

"Mailchimp is the end all be all..."

Commentaires: Mailchimp has allowed me to not only grow both my business' engaged clientele base, but also fans of my music and label! It's also allowed me to provide campaigns and reporting for my clients that are easy to understand and digest. With just social, it can be hard to cut through the saturation, but with email marketing, you're going directly to your Interested audience and able to create incentive for them to not only continue to engage, but to share with others. It's been truly amazing.

Avantages: The ease of use is off the charts. Aside from that, their pre-fab templates help you get you to market quickly, amazing analytics, integrations and flexibility, and incredible resources to help you learn and become an ESP pro. They make it easy to grow your audience with pop-up forms that can be integrated on your website, or separately, and make it a good point to stick to industry regulations. They're the most robust ESP on the market, and you shouldn't use anything else. Plus, their branding is just fun, and every now and then, they'll do something special for their customers (i.e. free socks and swag).

Inconvénients: There's nothing I dislike about Mailchimp. So long as they continue to grow the integrations and capacity to link with outside vendors and applications, they'll continue to rule the market.

• Publié le 05/12/2019
Marketing Operations Manager
  • Publié le 21/11/2019

"My Absolute Favorite EMSP"

Commentaires: I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Avantages: What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Inconvénients: The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

• Publié le 21/11/2019
Laura S.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
    Sans note
  • Publié le 20/11/2019

"An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!"

Commentaires: My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Avantages: I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Inconvénients: I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

• Publié le 20/11/2019
Doru D.
Capability Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 51-200 employés
    Sans note
  • Publié le 16/11/2019

"Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey"

Commentaires: Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Avantages: Easy to use and intuitive for the average user
Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution
Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Inconvénients: WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary.
Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

• Publié le 16/11/2019
Ian P.
Head of Channel Sales
Sécurité et enquêtes, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/10/2019

"Solid Tool for Email Marketing"

Commentaires: My overall experience with Mailchimp was a positive one. It worked well with our CRM, and was well supported by their sales and service teams. We used Mailchimp to drive email marketing efforts and, in turn, drive inbound leads and software demo requests. It was incredibly successful, as the company has continued to grow throughout our time of using mailchimp. Additionally, we saw an increase in inbound leads each month over the first 12 months of using Mailchimp. While the send and contact restriction did cause some frustration and delays, the overall experience was quite positive. I would recommend Mailchimp to other companies.

Avantages: What I liked most about Mailchimp was it's ease of use (for our applications) and the company's customer service. It was very easy to use Mailchimp in conjunction with our CRM, HubSpot to help our email marketing efforts. We would sort, export, and download targeted lists of customers from HubSpot and upload those lists to Mailchimp. This process was incredibly easy and allowed us to be more efficient and timely with our email marketing campaigns. Additionally, any time we had any questions or issues about Mailchimp, their customer service and sales teams were always incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

Inconvénients: What I liked least about this software was the pricing plan restrictions. My software company had a very, very large customer and prospect base. We targeted many different markets with a large number of people within each organization. Our software could be used by entire companies, so reaching out to many different decision makers or users was an effective marketing strategy. However, the pricing plans restricted us to a certain number of sends and contacts per month. We often found ourselves having to meet to discuss where we were going to make cuts to our email marketing efforts, which took away time from being productive. We essentially had to ration our sends on a monthly basis, because we did not see the value in the price increase for more sends. Although it would have helped our company operationally, it would have been too expensive. I feel they need to increase the number of contacts and sends for each pricing plan.

• Publié le 30/10/2019
Lisandro R.
Head of Marketing
E-learning, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/10/2019

"Mailchimp is behind the competition"

Commentaires: MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Avantages: I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Inconvénients: It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

• Publié le 27/10/2019
Randi Z.
  • Publié le 21/09/2019

"Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business"

Commentaires: Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Avantages: I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Inconvénients: My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

• Publié le 21/09/2019
Business Owner
Films et cinéma, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 14/09/2019

"A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support"

Commentaires: We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Avantages: It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Inconvénients: The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

• Publié le 14/09/2019
Emeka O.
Trainer
  • Publié le 21/08/2019

"MailChimp made email marketing very easy and cheap"

Commentaires: I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's been so amazing. It's so amazing that I've adopted it as the email marketing software of choice even when I'm teaching my digital marketing students. Being very easy to learn, easy to use, and also free to start, I've kept recommending it to people. It's such an awesome software.

Avantages: MailChimp is an email marketing software. I so much love this software for so many reasons. These reasons include: 1. Easy to learn: MailChimp was the very first email marketing software I used. Even though I was only a newbie in email marketing when I started using it, it was so easy for me to learn. 2. Easy to use: Using MailChimp for email marketing is very easy. It has templates that only need to be edited to give beautiful email outlook. There's no need to do html coding of the email - this could have needed some technical know-how. 3. Landing Page Builder: With MailChimp I'm able to build landing pages for products. I didn't need a website to build a landing page. I used MailChimp for that. 4. Facebook Integration: It's possible to Integrate Facebook to MailChimp. This is very easy. No programming knowledge is required. By integrating Facebook to MailChimp, it was very easy to run Facebook adverts for custom and lookalike audiences using my email subscribers list. It's also easy to run Facebook adverts with lead generation objective right from MailChimp. 5. Free to start: Something very beautiful about MailChimp is that it can allow a user to have up to 2,000 subscribers, and be able to send up to 12,000 emails per month on the free mode. This was very helpful as I never had to spend any money on email marketing for my startup. MailChimp helped me save cost. 6. Analytics: MailChimp have provision for email analytics. This helped me measure some metrics.

Inconvénients: Not withstanding all those benefits, I have some things I don't like about MailChimp. 1. Affiliate marketing: I'm also an affiliate marketer. I've read that MailChimp is not very kind to affiliate marketers. They imposed a very strict measure on the type of product to be marketed. This has made me not to consider it in my affiliate marketing venture. 2. Cost on the long run: Another thing is that after a business has exceeded the 2,000 subscribers, or 12,000 emails per month benchmark on the free mode, one will have to purchase a package to keep using the software. Apart from those two cons, MailChimp is generally an awesome email marketing software.

• Publié le 21/08/2019
Erin C.
Executive Artistic Director
Arts de la scène, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 15/08/2019

"Worth it for any company starting out"

Commentaires: I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

Avantages: I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

Inconvénients: I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software. I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

• Publié le 15/08/2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
  • Publié le 30/07/2019

"Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver"

Commentaires: I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Avantages: Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Inconvénients: Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

• Publié le 30/07/2019