A strategic tool to build successful marketing campaigns

Publié le 08/11/2018
Marketing Operations Manager
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Having a marketing automation tool such as Act-on is a really benefit to run successful marketing campaign. When we started using Act-On, we realized we were not as organized as we thought we were; It kind of "forced" us (in a positive way) to rethink our campaigns, how we built them and what we expected from them. We were able for the first time to really segment and target our audience. We saw a significant increase in our opening and click rates, we could trigger more interest by sending relevant content to our audience, and this led us to more qualified and interested leads. This tool allowed us to track our audience and create reports on our tasks and projects such as events, webinars, digital campaign (including google adwords, social media posts, emails, website, landing pages). It is a must-have in our marketing tech-stack.
We would advise to really define your needs and do some benchmark; Act-On is a great tool to build segmentation, automated programs, nurturing programs and it can be integrated with many other tools, to create a great and efficient tech stack. It definitely is a tool worth having, but it requires to know where you want to go and what you want to achieve.
It took us a few months before understanding and mastering most of what you can do within the platform, and we’re still learning. So be persistent and don’t be afraid to “play with” and test the tool, it’s totally worth it.

Avantages: Act-On’s automation platform is intuitive, I like the way the menu is built, it’s been made in a logical order so that when you move from one section to another, you go down the logical path to build automation.
The support team is great, they’re efficient and patient ! There are many ways to find answers and tips; the Act-On community, the Act-On university, the online training courses, the webinars, everything is made for us to easily learn and efficiently use the platform.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it takes us quite some times to do some simple tasks, for example when editing a step in an automated program, we have to wait a few seconds for the system to record what we edited and allow us to move to the next step. When there are many steps, it can become frustrating. Another example is when editing an image using Act-On editor, it can time many minutes before we can see the changes on the image where it’s being used (in emails, landing page, etc). These delays can be a bit frustrating when you are working on a template and you can’t finish it because some of the assets are still being processed by the system.
The marketing calendar is a bit confusing sometimes, I see messages that have not been sent marked as sent, and we can only have a month view unless we export the details.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 15/11/2018

Thank you for posting your review. It's always great to get customer feedback on what's appreciated and what could be improved upon. Thanks again!

One of the Best Marketing Automation Programs I've Ever Used

Publié le 15/05/2018
Customer Experience and Marketing Manager
51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My sales and marketing team had so many benefits from this software. The marketing and data analysts had high-level, quality reports that were as detailed or as broad as they wanted. The sales team had live information about their hottest leads and could rely on the lead-generation process to do things automatically. They didn't have to worry about information not being part of the CRM from Marketing because the integration made that seamless. Truly a great program and I didn't even have enough characters to talk about all of the other features too!

Avantages: I liked everything about this software! It was truly an all-in-one deal. First of all, it integrated with our CRM (we used SugarCRM). The features related to this integration were: lead generation from our web forms, lead generation from our email campaigns, lead generation based on user action. It also pulled information in from our CRM, so any lead lists we created in our CRM (manually or automatically based on file status, etc) could be pulled into ActOn for campaigns. Next, it integrated with our website - it also has the ability to design your own website within ActOn that allows for even more neat features. It tracked users across emails & webpages and the reports allowed us to drill down to specific geographical areas of activity, key words used, which pages they were on and for how long, etc. It also gave a numerical value (that you can custom set) to each action and at a certain point could put that contact into a sales cycle or send an alert to the sales team to reach out to them.
Lastly, the automated marketing feature was THE BEST. You have the ability to design a multi-faceted campaign that could run for a set amount of time, or indefinitely. What I found to be the cherry on top was that you could set actions for contacts who didn't do certain things (didn't click, didn't open, etc) and then repeat steps or put them into different tracks.
As huge as this program seems, it was also incredibly easy to navigate. Saved our teams a lot of time and energy.

Inconvénients: The most challenging features were the design elements. It was very template based and it took some CSS or HTML skills to make them less-standard. This was true for everything - emails, web pages, landing pages, etc.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 23/05/2018

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of Act-On! We really appreciate it and are glad to hear about your excellent experience with our solution.
Happy Marketing!

Invaluable Marketing Asset

Publié le 05/08/2017
Amy S.
Director of Marketing
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Act-On is a robust, yet easy-to-use solution that combines multiple marketing applications into one. It has been a workhorse for us. While it can serve more than a dozen vital functions, including social media management and ABM, I most appreciate its integration with our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and how it can be used to automate nurture programs, score leads based on behavior/engagement, and monitor web site visitor activity. I’m also very impressed by members of the tech support team who are very patient and have bailed us out of an after hours pinch more than once.

Inconvénients: Keeping up with the constant evolution of Act-On is a full-time job. I often feel like we’re 5 steps behind in understanding newly released features and everything it can do. Of course, that’s a good problem. My only true critique is that the organization seems to have gone through some growing pains and lost its personal touch along the way. When I first selected and implemented Act-On at my previous company 4 years ago, I felt like our sales rep and implementation team were truly invested in our success. I was so impressed by the product and Act-On’s customer success team that I implemented it again at my next company and recommended it to several peers. However, faces began to change quickly, and we had 3 different reps in the same year. Our new contacts were less interested in our success and more interested in what we could do for them. One became obsessed with recruiting our company as a reseller. Things have settled down, but I don’t feel like they value our business as much as they once did.

Agree with recent Forrester Wave Report

Publié le 23/11/2016
Manu G.
Account Director
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I started out using Marketo years ago and while I was a power user and loved the depth of features, others in the company found it to be complex and most could use it for only the basics. I moved on to Pardot and I really liked it, and I even attended their user conference three years ago in Atlanta - which unfortunately, was when they pass along the news to customer that they have been acquired and would end up Salesforce's portfolio. Pardot was moved into their Sales Cloud (and ExactTarget went to the Marketing Cloud), and the result has been, other than some UI improvements, almost no innovation at all... and a major rise in costs, where it's extra for phone support, they charge for Salesforce Engage, they charge for Wave Analytics, etc. etc. Meanwhile, Act-On has been the steady player in the market that has continued to advance - and you see that in Forrester's Q4 2014 Wave report where Act-On moved to the upper, Leader quadrant ahead of Pardot and HubSpot (though, I'd say that HubSpot has always been more "Movement-First" versus "Product-First" where they invest more in their marketing then their marketing features, particularly with their focus on their CRM now). Act-On received a large round of investment money, brought in loads of new talent on the executive team and down, and continue to push out new features faster than others on the market. They were first to launch Account-based Marketing, their Social tools are very advanced (Forrester scored them higher than HubSpot for example), built Data Studio that allows us to push to our BI easily (Tableau), they overhauled all of their composers (email, landing page and forms), added dynamic content & personalization features, and added a unique way to create Program Templates that is awesome and now have a growing library of templates you can grab and use that build out all the nurture program steps for you automatically (including sales alerts, CRM campaign updates, basic or advanced if/then scenarios, etc.). I've always thought that price should not be a big driving factor for which tool to use. But, their Active Contacts model allows you to pay for what you use, versus the size of your database - and where Marketo and Pardot are adding more modules, Act-On includes everything in their Enterprise edition. And their Support is also fantastic. Don't be fooled. This is an advanced tool that medium and large companies are using.

Avantages: Sincerely easier to use than others on the market, great overall feature set, love the dynamic content options, program templates were a game changer, account-based marketing provides visibility into how programs are doing at the Account-level that we haven't had.

Inconvénients: The UI is slowly being overhauled but I'd like to see this go faster. Their out-of-box reports aren't great, but I haven't run across a marketing automation platform who has great reporting (I do like Marketo's Opportunity Analyzer report) and we use Data Studio to simply pull data out the way we want it to populate our reports in excel or Tableau

Meeting goals and driving leads with Act-On

Ashley S.
Database Administrator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our overall experience has been great as we have been able to drive leads, gain marketing insights, and develop automated programs with easy to use templates we created.

Avantages: Act-On offers automated program templates, all of which are completely customizable to meet our needs in driving leads in our marketing plan. The ease of use which is visually appealing with drag-and-drop, list segmenting, lead scoring options and integrations all work for our organization on both the user level and administrator level.

Inconvénients: Pricing as this tool is at the higher end of some marketing resources. Also, the inability to schedule integrating segment runs at the earliest of four hours has caused issues with some of our marketing aspects.

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for posting a review! We appreciate your feedback.
Sarah

Powerful and user friendly marketing automation suite with excellent customer support

Publié le 01/03/2018
Web Content Manager
Meubles, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We've been able to bring our marketing data into one place and create a more unified platform from which to send out our marketing campaigns.

Avantages: We just started using Act-On a few months ago. We had debated marketing automation companies to go with for years. Overall, Act-On was able to go toe-to-toe in most regards with the other vendors we were considering, at least. The deciding factor was the pricing model, which is a bit unusual. They only charge you for "active" contacts, which are contacts you are actually reaching out to. You can import other contacts for reporting, data synchronization, or potential marketing purposes down the line if you wish, and you won't be charged for them. The support team at Act-On is great. During our evaluation, I received an email from the CEO himself, asking what he could do to help us choose. Throughout implementation, we had several calls and I was always provided what we needed quickly. Act-On does so many things, it would be impossible to cover here, but I like their email and landing page creator. I found it to be very intuitive. The user interface is showing some age, but it's very straightforward and there's not a lot of guessing about how to use it. Act-On is list based, which is the "old" methodology in the industry right now, but if you're a fan of that strategy, you'll feel right at home. Workflow creation is very easy. Data Studio (an add-on) also allows you to create custom reporting, and baked in integrations and an automated FTP connection allow you to get your data talking to each other automatically. The university has great educational information available too.

Inconvénients: You'll get out of Act-On what you put into it. The support and university is there to guide you in that process, but it's ultimately up to you. That's how it is with any platform that doesn't offer in-house services, but with a marketing automation suite, you will really get more out of it if you have knowledgeable staff that have experience implementing and using these platforms. It can be daunting if it's your first time using a marketing automation suite. While Act-On is working on some new things, I don't know that they are putting as much effort behind investing into the product as some of the leading companies in the space. Also, some of the tools are a little rudimentary, and the UI could certainly use some modernizing. It feels too much like Windows XP at times.

Excellent Segmentation and Automation Tools

Director of Sales
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Act-On is instrumental for meeting our company's revenue goals with email marketing campaigns.

Avantages: Act-On gives me the ability to get extremely specific with my target prospects and customers. It's easy to build new segments and immediately see the size of those groups. It's very useful for data mining and determining where to focus your marketing efforts. For example, in just a couple of minutes (assuming you've done the work to collect the information from customers and store them properly in custom lists) you can create a segment of prospects who have downloaded or purchased x product from your website, meet criteria x,y,z for their attributes, have opened or clicked messages in a specific timeframe, and have visited a specific page of your website. You have the ability to get as granular as you want. You can then build automated programs that send targeted and timely messages depending on where these prospects are in your funnel and use conditional logic to define any future interactions.

Inconvénients: The UI in some areas of the platform could use some design enhancements for aesthetics and for consistency throughout.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 21/09/2018

So great to hear that you're a fan of Act-On. Sounds like you're using it exactly as intended and seeing great results. That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing your review.

Wonderful Product. Great Value, Amazing Results!

Publié le 07/05/2019
Catherine H.
Sr. Marketing Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've used Act-On for many years and enjoy the ease of use, their great metrics and the intuitive interface. This is a product I can't recommend enough. I use it daily and enjoy the automation as much as I enjoy the social publishing and email marketing abilities.

Avantages: Act-On is easy to use and great metrics!

Inconvénients: Nothing I'd change about this software!

envoyé par Act-On Software le 22/05/2019

Thanks for the great review, Catherine! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy you're a fan of Act-On.

ActOn -- act on it!

Rick J.
Process Consultant
Assurance, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: ActOn allows me to get important professional messaging out to my target audience in a timely basis. I am impressed with their can-do customer support team. They always help me figure out a solution to building content. The software wear offers so much in terms of content marketing, form building and automated drip campaign functionality. The email content reporting and tracking is also very good.

Avantages: I think you will find ActOn easy to use. I can quickly develop an email and define a target list and send as easily to 10 people or 100,000 people. I also like the reporting and graphs associated with a campaign. I also find the Form editor very valuable b/c I can quickly create a business need survey in a matter of minutes for my internal customers. The responses are easy to analyze b/c they are in spreadsheet form.

Inconvénients: ActOn recently rolled out a new forms editor and they did not bring over the reporting URL feature from the Classic Form editor...this would make it easier for my internal customers to pull data vs having me pull the data for them.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 11/09/2018

Hi Rick,
Thanks so much for posting your review!
We appreciate your candor and will share your feedback with the product team. They continually work to improve Act-On for customers like you.
All the best,
Sarah

Act-On helps me stay organized and save time.

Robin D.
Business Development Specialist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When Act-On is working smoothly, I am able to keep in contact with my prospects, to know what they are looking at and what interests them as well as to determine how I need to send communications to them. The insight that Act-On provides into the life of the leads is very helpful by allowing me to stay organized and save time.

Avantages: With Act-On's Activity History, I am able to view a Timeline that helps to keep me organized so I know what I may still need to send and so that I have a good idea about whether or not my prospects are getting communications that they should. Sometimes, with email blasts emails may not get through an organization's spam filter, but using the Activity History and Timeline in Act-On and testing by sending things through Act-On Anywhere in Outlook help to determine who need to receive emails alternate ways.

Inconvénients: Often times, maintenance and issues are not brought to our attention prior to us having issues with the software not working or causing issues with our campaigns. Having warnings in advance of when maintenance is being done or of possible known issues so that we can watch for them and be prepared would help a great deal.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 12/09/2018

Hi Robin,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to join the Act-On user Community. It's a great place to connect with fellow marketers, submit product enhancement and feature suggestions, as well as share best practices. https://community.act-on.com/ideation-home
Happy marketing!

Act-on is an easy to use and robust marketing tool.

Publié le 20/06/2019
Bethany D.
Marketing Automation Manager
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our sales team is massively impressed with the capabilities and insights that Act-on provides through the integration with our CRM tool. We have been able to message leads with the right message at the right time easily and are able to have a hands off approach when it comes to funneling leads to our sales team. The value Act-on has added has been worth it.

Avantages: Most actions are very intuitive and the tool is easy to navigate.

Inconvénients: Our onboarding experience wasn't the best, but Act-on has since implemented a new onboarding process that involves thorough training and set-up. We went to the bootcamp later and we are pleased that Act-on now offers that at the kickoff for other customers.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 26/06/2019

Hi Bethany,
Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're a fan of Act-On!
Sarah

If you take advantage of all of its features, you will succeed.

Publié le 06/08/2018
Kelsey D.
Ecommerce Specialist
Services financiers, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We chose Act-on as our marketing automation software because of its native integration with Salesforce, our CRM at the time. We made the move from Marketo, and Act-on has a much easier user interface. There were so many things we could track and do. We had great customer service, including weekly calls with a customer experience rep.

Inconvénients: Like most marketing automation software, the key to success is learning all of the ins and outs of the system, then create a strategy surrounding it. If you don't have someone on your team willing to take advantage of all of the features, the price might outweigh the benefit. Our customer experience rep could have helped more in overall strategy and campaign building, but they were incredibly busy, too busy to go in depth on those items. The team ended up moving to a simpler and cheaper product because they weren't taking advantage of everything Act-on had to offer.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 08/08/2018

Hi Kelsey,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We're seeing a huge uptick in Credit Union customers as they're realizing what a game-changer marketing automation can be in their efforts to compete against big banks.

We hope you'll reconsider Act-On in the future when your team is ready to take its marketing to the next level. We've got awesome boot camp trainings that can get users up to speed quickly.

Good luck!

A Solid Marketing Automation Platform

Scott S.
Director of Marketing Operations and Technology
Édition, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are a media publisher that used Act-On primarily for sending out marketing emails — about 20+ a month, supporting a white paper site, and hosting 2 webinars a month. Act-On made it super easy to set up and market webinars from the initial thought, through sending a copy of the webinar to attendees when done and every step along the way. I've used about 4 different marketing automation platforms and I can tell you that Act-On was by far the easiest to send email campaigns in, from initial email creation to sending.

Avantages: I liked that over the past four years I have worked with the product I have seen it grow leaps and bounds. They have a team that is dedicated to making smart improvements with the product.

Inconvénients: Like all products this isn't perfect. I had the most problems with our sales rep kept changing. Also, once in a blue moon a feature would change without proper notification.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 21/09/2018

Great to hear your feedback, Scott! Thanks for sharing. Please be sure to check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for Act-On customers. https://community.act-on.com/home

Act-On for small B2B business

Marketing
Entreposage, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We needed a platform to help us segment and reach customers across many varied products lines, and this has helped. Adding in customer service analytics and social media mindshare, and we are pleased with what Act-On provides.

Avantages: Ease of use is first and foremost. To create, segment and automate emails of value that will reach our varied customer base is key for us. The social media aspect of Act-On is also a valued feature that not only allows us to plan when our content is shared but what content hits at the right time. We don't use the scoring as much as most companies probably do, but our dive into behavioral analytics through Act-On is yielding great results as well.

Inconvénients: Main dislike: More personalization for our sales force to view how their customers are responding. Dashboard is fine, for sure, but we'd love a better way for them to witness the contacts happening.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 22/05/2019

Thanks for the great feedback. If you haven't already, check out the Act-On User Community for best practice sharing. You'll also find a recent on-demand webinar there about Act-On and Sales Enablement.

Sarah

Good marketing automation, with some catches

Publié le 06/08/2019
Matt K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Vente au détail, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Dynamics CRM is the biggest problem; however, if Act-On is going to support its integration with the platform, it has to better understand it. Besides that, I like the tool. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is competitively priced against similar marketing automation programs.

Avantages: Once you learn it, you realize how nice of a tool it is. Email campaigns, lead scoring, assessing total voice of customer -- it's all there.

Inconvénients: Unless you get the white glove setup service, it's tough to really figure out what you're doing at first. I would not recommend for Dynamics CRM (it's missing features that other CRMs have). The Outlook email template plugin is nice when it works, but more often than not, there are problems. I do wish they help you better understand what data fields are required in both Act-On as well as the CRM, and how to add/edit what is being integrated.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 30/08/2019

Hi Matt,
Thanks so much for posting a review of Act-On. I would encourage you to check out Act-On's customer portal, Act-On Connect. It's full of great resources for customers and includes a customer community for sharing best practices.
Sarah

Best Marketing Automation Tool ever!

Publié le 21/06/2019
Diana F.
Customer Service & Marketing
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Coming from no experience at all, to being able to automate programs and have all the detailed information and reporting on them is a huge step for me. I've been using other Marketing Automation platforms also, but they are just to complicated.
Act-On is very user-friendly and easy to use, learn and understand, and also has very detailed step-by-step guides to every feature they offer, besides the courses you can go over at their University.
Customer support is always there to help and very effective.

Avantages: That you can do everything in one place, you don't need to code anything, (it is useful if you want to improve features or personalize a little bit more, but really not necessary) all modules are easy to use.
You have Social Media, Automation, Reporting, Scoring, detailed contact information, connectors, etc.

Inconvénients: I think that lists could be updated a bit, like being able to sort by any of the columns.
I don't like that they don't have a connector for Instagram and only to webinar options.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 26/06/2019

Hi Diana,
Thanks so much for your positive review! We love your feedback and are so glad you're an Act-On enthusiast.

Best Cost-Effective Marketing Automation Software

Publié le 18/06/2014
Bryan B.
Marketing Director
Support client

Commentaires: Our company has tried different Marketing vendors, and not every experience has been a pleasant one. This is why I can say with confidence that Act-On is the best Marketing Software that we have found. Not only do they deliver a great product, but the customer experience has been stellar from Day One. You can really feel they care about their customers and I especially love the fact that I am not treated like just a client number. It's always great to find a vendor that takes such great care of their clients. Our Product Management and Marketing Teams are definitely #TeamActOn! One of the things that Act-On does better is their Salesforce integration which works both ways, meaning that no matter where the lead information originates, it will synchronize correctly as it should, which was not the case with other software we tried. Act-On's out-of-the-box Webinar integration with GoToMeeting and WebEx simply works and there's no need to purchase or subscribe to additional "Apps" as was the case with other Marketing platforms. We really appreciate their service--it has helped our Marketing Team be more efficient and take our Marketing campaigns to the next level. Did I mention that our Sales Team loves seeing who's visiting our website? They even have their own Act-On Tab in Salesforce with leads in their territory based on Act-On's lead scoring. I feel that Act-On provides the best value from the marketing software that I've personally vetted. They recognize that sometimes you don't market to the same individuals all the time, which is why their pricing model is based on the number of active contacts you e-mail each month. Unlike other vendors, you are not locked into a 12-month or greater commitment contract. The contract is on a monthly basis and you can cancel at anytime--they truly earn our business on an ongoing basis. If I had to change anything, I would probably request for greater reporting capabilities when it comes to integrating our Google AdWords campaign, but it looks like they plan on rolling out some improvements in that area soon. Overall, Act-On is a great service and we plan on being a customer for many years to come.

Very Solid Product for Very Little Money

Vice President, Marketing
Automatisation industrielle, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our target markets have become much more complicated as we've grown, and ActOn allows us to segment our campaigns to send the right message to the right audience - by geography, vertical, etc.

Avantages: Syncing with SFDC is awesome. Easy to use - novices can pick it up quickly. Reporting is quite good and easy to understand. Love the continuous product improvements that are made.

Inconvénients: WYSIWYG can drive you crazy, especially with formatting and fonts and hyperlinks, making it tedious to get the look you want. Lately it has been very slow to load, especially photos/graphics.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 21/09/2018

Thanks for posting your review. I agree that it's easy to pick up and hit the ground running especially if you take advantage of the University, the User Community and the awesome Boot Camp trainings. Learn more on the Community here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Daily Act-On User

Publié le 12/02/2019
Emma C.
Sales Executive
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is an excellent tool to use whilst prospecting and almost provided you with 'warm' leads, especially when they return to your website and look at product details etc.

Avantages: The only feature I use is to see who has been on our website. You are able to see who has been on your website and what links they have clicked on. Works really well when sending out speculative mails. You are able to see who actually looks at your mails and who has a genuine interest when they click further into links.

Inconvénients: On occasions you can see someone has been on the website, but can't track down who (as no IP address present) I understand this may be security measures their end and there is no way of ever knowing. I have real issues linking ActOn with my Outlook mail.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 26/03/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Emma!

Dynamics Compatible, Great Value

Marketing Director
Édition, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An unexpected benefit has been in the customer support department. Proactive email drips for recent purchasers helps that team provide great service consistently through scheduled email programs with tips and tutorials.

Avantages: The Dynamics integration was a crucial part of my decision to adopt this software for my company. Ease of use is comparable to any other robust marketing automation tool. We've seen huge value in this purchase.

Inconvénients: Unfortunately the software does not function well on iOS devices.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 21/09/2018

We love hearing your feedback. Thanks for sharing your review! Great to hear that you're benefitting from the new customer tutorials, tips and tricks. If you haven't already, please check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for best practices and product suggestions. https://community.act-on.com/home

Great tool starting out but has some minor flaws

Publié le 30/04/2018
Josh G.
Account-Based Marketing Specialist
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a great tool starting out but I think in the long-run you would need another option. If you're looking for a pretty simple, effective marketing automation platform that syncs with Salesforce easily and can do some pretty advanced things, this is a great option but may not be the best if you're looking to do advanced tactics.

Avantages: - The simplicity of the interface and overall product
- Creating email programs is a nice drag and drop style
- Pretty advanced options in creating a program
- Salesforce sync is nice when building out lists. Being able to save syncing preferences is a great option that reduces time.
- Don't have to know HTML or CSS to use
- Nice Inbound section for SEO, paid ads, and website visits (if you're doing ABM you can see what companies are coming to your site).

Inconvénients: - The platform for us is really slow. We have a lot of emails going out and it can really slow down the entire platform, which can be frustrating.
- Segmenting within a program not that great
- Adding multiple IF branches almost break the entire platform. Clicking on one segment to change can take 10 seconds to load the drop-down menu.
- The menu can get really confusing at times
- Knowledge-base is nonexistent. I can never find any resource from Act-On that helps with problems I encounter. I have to email or call them every time.
- Can't dive into reports (at least in my account). I can see an overall report but I can't dive into specific campaigns, lists or by time period.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 07/05/2018

Hi Josh,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your honest feedback and always strive to improve the product.
Thanks again,
Sarah

A great user friendly product.

Sarah H.
Marketing Manager
Hôtellerie, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using Act-On for two years and overall have had a great experience. The product itself, as well as the Customer Service team and any personnel we have encountered has always been top notch.

Avantages: One of the best features Act-On possesses is its user friendly features. The site is extremely easy to navigate and provides a great way to learn the in's and out's of creating email campaigns, landing pages, forms, etc. without being stressful to use.

Inconvénients: While I don't think this is a particularly negative area, it would be nice to have some different ways to create more custom templates within the program.

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the great feedback and for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it!
Sarah M.

Very Effective

Publié le 16/07/2019
Kerry M.
Marketing Specialist
Matériaux de construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My experience has been great! We don't have an overly complicated marketing plan and this does everything that we need it to do.

Avantages: This software works very well for our company. A lot of people I've chatted with feel it's out of date but for us, it's perfect. It's easy to write and send an email campaign, and even easier to track the results! I also appreciate how easy it is to use with Dynamics CRM and upload .csv files.

Inconvénients: There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. I haven't had a negative experience and it hasn't disappointed me in any way.

envoyé par Act-On Software le 17/07/2019

Hi Kerry,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We love customer feedback and are so happy you're an Act-On enthusiast!

Do NOT Use Act-On

Publié le 12/09/2019
David S.
Group Marketing Manager- Content & CRM
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Awful. I would never work with them again and highly encourage others to look into other automation options, as Act-On was nothing more than a bait and switch for us, and cost us tens of thousands of dollars that we have not been able to recoup.

Avantages: Nothing. There is literally nothing I can think of that Act-On did right.

Inconvénients: We were told we would be up and running in two months. We also paid for the recommended partner to further ensure this timeline. Even so, Act-On was incapable of providing delivery and support of this software, such that we have received zero uptime eight months into the contract. Our last-effort support ticket was created well over a year ago and is still open, but we have not received a response in over three months. In addition to our Act-On implementation being completely dead in the water, the information that was provided during the sales process did not truly reflect the functionality of Act-On. For example, sales sent an email stating that Act-On would be able to handle lead routing and push the sales owner to our CRM. After signing the contract, paying the money, and talking to the implementation partner assigned to our account, we discovered this essential feature to be completely untrue.

Due to Act-On's inability to provide the value our service agreement required, we have been forced to revert back to paying full price for our old marketing automation software while we regroup and go through a complete sales process again with another company. This has cost our company thousands of dollars in lost productivity.
Additionally, when we requested a refund, it was brought to a credit committee and denied, with zero explanation of why. After repeated followups over the past 12 months, there has been zero response from Act-On.

Buyer Beware!! Not a sophisticated system in the least

Publié le 18/10/2018
Abbie D.
Director of Marketing
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The worst. Beware - do NOT fall for this "automation" system. Go with something that actually supports the workflow of marketers in 2018.

Avantages: Absolutely nothing. I came from using Pardot at my previous company and then was stuck with this poor excuse for an automation system for two years. Luckily we're in the process of switching back to Pardot at the moment.

Inconvénients: Pricing Model Not Built to Scale: They think that the "pay for contacts" pricing model is a pro, but it is not! For any marketer with a growing database this is a pure nightmare given that they are basically unresponsive when you need to add more contacts. We are actually currently in a situation where we can't get ANYONE to respond to help us add more contacts, which means that I cannot execute on a very large campaign that we were set to launch yesterday. Customer Service: As mentioned above, good luck getting anybody to actually call you back or fix your issues. If you have any level of sophistication in your marketing programs and automation, it's just a matter of when you're going to run into issues with Act-On, and half the time, they don't even know why the system doesn't work. I just got a call back a few days ago about a support ticket I submitted in JULY (it's October 18 right now). Product: Act-On does not have a contacts database. So if you need to look up a contact and see every list that they are on, every automation program they are in, or to manage their subscriptions or lists, you cannot. That's right - there is no way to globally search for a contact in Act-On. This is absurd. There is no way that you can call yourself an automation system in 2018 and not have this most basic of capabilities.