Avis clients sur Elements XS

En savoir plus sur Elements XS

GIS-centric software to track service requests, work orders, inventory, permits, licenses, code enforcement, citizen tickets, and more.

En savoir plus sur Elements XS

It integrates well with other systems. It enables field workers to work in GIS, instead of viewing for reference only.

There was a little struggle to scope out how we integrated with other systems.

Elements XS - Notes

Elements XS a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 12 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Elements XS ?

GIS Coordinator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Elements XS has rejuvenated our operations

Commentaires : Great!

There was a little struggle to scope out how we integrated with other systems.

Roger
GIS Administrator (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 51-200 employés

Asset Management With or Without a Map

4,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : We use Elements to plan and track maintenance to assets. It helps with coordination and accountability. It helps managers see the great work their employees are doing. It helps plan budgets for assets, personnel, and supplies.

There is a lot I like about this software. After having used it for years, I wish now that I'd done more out-of-the-box configuration than customized workflows. The software is good for mobile devices and was redesigned from its previous version for that purpose. The documentation is getting better, and I hope that more users start using the forums. I like the look and feel of the user side and administration side. Whenever a product allows you to customize more, it becomes more complex, which is no one's fault; it's just a universal law. Thus it is with Elements. It's tricky to build even simple workflows at first because there's so much you _could_ do to make a workflow, so they offer those additional, if ill-used, options all the time. And, over time, we do end up using some of those more complex options.

In order to avoid reinventing the wheel, Novotx went for a solution that consumed other products to get stuff done. It can use ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS.com, and uses Geocortex Essentials, Reporting, and Workflows to do mapping and customized behavior. As a natural consequence of this, the administrator has to go to a lot of places to make Elements do stuff. Some stuff is done over here, some is done over there, and yet other stuff is done in this other place. Various UI improvements could be made as well, like which things pop up in other browser tabs versus which things pop up to replace the content I was looking at. Customizing the user experience as an administrator can also be a challenge since it's not all done in one place. And lastly, the word "type" is too frequently and too often for me to full understand what the software wants in parts. Examples in the documentation would be nice. Lastly, there isn't a great way within the administrative side of the software to document what you're doing, why you set things up this way, or record changes. That has to be done in Google Docs, Word, or whatever other word processor your organization uses.

Amanda
Asset Manager (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 11-50 employés

West Jackson County Utility District one oldest customers

3,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : Overall when I first started working with Elements XS, I was extremely disappointed but the program is upgrading and increasing capabilities

ability to make work orders on in the field

Need to improve communication with customer service which is starting to get better

Rick
Enterprise Application Administrator (É.-U.)

Elements XS

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Novotx was able to import in our spreadsheet of users and other data that we had from previous programs. We first started using ElementsXS for our utility locates (811). Using Elements has helped with this since we are able to see where the locates are needed on the map and it sends the results back to the 811 processing company. We are able to get a visual view of how our hydrant maintenance is going, since completing tasks in Elements can update an attribute in my GIS map that will change the color of the hydrant. So this provides managers a way to visually see what has and hasn't been done without having to go individually through each task. I was able to create GIS related dashboard reports that are accessed in Elements that display feature counts and water and sewer line mileage so that users don't have to go get that information from a different web page. Users can stay in the Elements interface to access almost all of the information they need.

It is highly customizable and easy to use. Mapping of open tasks is really useful. Being able to update GIS feature attributes when tasks are completed is awesome to save, for example, the last flush date and chlorine residual of a hydrant, so this can be displayed when they click on the hydrant on the map. I like being able to create custom workflows and forms so the tasks can be processed exactly how we want.

This isn't really a con of the product, because all software is unfamiliar when you first get it, but there is a learning curve if you want to create custom workflows for the tasks on your own. Novotx can train someone for this and if you have an employee with some programming knowledge then it would be easier, but not entirely necessary, to train.

Sam
Public Works Director (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 11-50 employés

More than just Asset Mangement

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : Now that we have a easily accesible platfomrm that employees that share information, document work, and have work order histories at their fingertips , emplyees are more efficient and confident. We are looking to incorporate Recreation into Elements.

Elements is extremely customizable. It is desinged to work with your existing processes and make them more efficient.

In the COVID world, timelines are stretched due to unforeseen reasons. We would have liket the implementation completed sooner, but we are understanding of the changes of the timeline and are happy with the finished product.

Ronald
GIS Specialist (É.-U.)

Observations

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : Overall, Elements has made a large impact with the efficiency in how we utilize our employee assets. But more importantly, their greatest asset to me is the ease at which I can communicate with them. I know most of their tech support people by first name.

When we implemented the Elements platform in 2018 we were on the cutting edge of integrating our billing, mapping, asset management, and mobile work order processes into one platform. The Elements implementation team was there for us through the entire process. Their tech teams have continued to be with us to this day with the many changes and upgrades that have occurred. They continue to have a very quick response time to my tech questions.

The biggest issue I have is that there is no way to create a GPS feature while in the Elements map. I work around this by using my Esri field maps to create the feature and then attach a work order to it. I have to have this function because there are always instances where an unplanned or miscellaneous field event needs to be created. Also, while using the map, the following and tracking features in the field always seem to be slower as compared to my Esri Field map apps.

Scott
Director of Information Systems (É.-U.)

Reliable and Productive

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : We have transformed our business processes from paper to digital, enhanced our ability to work on mobile devices in the field. This has contributed to our overall productivity increases and inventory accuracy. We are operating with the same size crew in the field even though our customer base has grown quickly in the last few years.

It is easy to use and integrate with our other systems (maps, billing system).

It would be nice to have a visual representation of tasks that have recurring maintenance. You can look it up but it would be nice to have the icon have a wrench or other visual representation.

Josh
GIS Administrator (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 201-500 employés

Great Enterprise Solution

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Elements is an easy to use software that provides the flexibility to track the data that you want to track. There are no "modules" that you need to fit your processes and data into. Direct integration with your existing GIS makes use that much easier, no need for another ETL process.

If you want to build customized reports yourself there is a learning curve but once you feel comfortable the possibilities are endless.

Cora
Project & Data Management Manager (Îles Turques-et-Caïques)

Exceptional Tool For Improving Efficiencies & Services

4,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : I have found the software to be very adaptable to our needs and support response has been prompt and efficient. Where it may take time for something to be completed they provide me with ample updates to status of requests.

The most impactful features for us are the Work Order Management, the GIS Maps and Inventory Management. These features have become essential to our business processes and procedures.

The reports function, I think can be a bit more user friendly. The ability to export files to xlsx format, but be easier to manipulate is essential to Provo Water Co.

Christi
Manager of Regulatory Compliance (É.-U.)

Still growing

5,0 il y a 12 mois

the flexibility for custom forms that pertain to tasks completed in different field application

still learning and improving the functionality of task forms for field applications, GIS system incorporation, and planning on building out asset management portion soon

Thomas
GIS Analyst (É.-U.)

Elements XS Review

5,0 il y a 11 mois

The team. Embedded GIS map. Filters. I am writing this bc value is too short.

XS4 Admin and Dynamic Data configuration.

Maintenance Supervisor (É.-U.)

Great Product

4,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : everyday operations

easy system to use, great product, great customer service

like it all.