Avis clients sur Square for Retail

En savoir plus sur Square for Retail

Que vous vendiez en ligne ou en magasin, Square for Retail fonctionne pour votre commerce de détail, quel que soit votre taille ou votre style.

En savoir plus sur Square for Retail

They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start.

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.

Square for Retail - Notes

Square for Retail a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 459 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Square for Retail ?

Thomas
Thomas
video producer
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés

Worked great even in a rural area.

5,0 il y a 5 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Chase
Chase
IT Sales (É.-U.)
Eau/gaz/électricité, 2-10 employés

Great for entrepreneurs

Commentaires : It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Janet

Great Point of sale system

Commentaires : Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

Jose
Technical Support Specialist (Honduras)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

Great allied for Retail Business

5,0 il y a 7 jours Nouveau

While keeping operation and inventory counts synced seems difficult, Square for Retail delivers a great experience

Maybe some discount when purchasing annual licenses would be appreciated, but overall the performance and ease of use is great

Melanie
Business Owner (É.-U.)
Événementiel, 2-10 employés

They Allow Fraud and Theft

Commentaires : Horrible experience. Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square:
Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos
Absolute fraud.

People understand how to use it, so it's widely accepted as a valid method of payment and no one is nervous about using it (they should be!)

Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square: Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos A chain of her emails, including an email after her event thanking us for job well done Despite this proof and legally binding contract, Square sided with her and removed the funds from my account. I had to sit with my bank to file a dispute with Square, put a hold on all charges by Square, and start using an entirely different payment processor just to avoid Square stealing my money. Absolute fraud.

Lynn
Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés

Great Mobile POS

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Cost and set up were both affordable and easy, plus transactions were never an issue on any device or credit card. The processing fees were very reasonable for our use. The reporting features were very straight forward to implement in our CMS tools.

Nothing!!! Could not find an issue if we wanted to, the hardware and software worked flawlessly.

Eric
IT Manager (Canada)
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Small little POS at your finger tips

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Its what we needed in a pinch to get sales orders working on the field at events. It worked well for conferences and venues.

It was easy to setup and start using when you need it. You connect it to your phone and use it as a normal POS you would in a store

Support isn't always easy to get a hold of and it wouldn't integrate it with our system. This is more for small business use and not for tracking and reporting on analytics.

Chad
Chad
Chair Elect (É.-U.)
Divertissement, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

Commentaires : Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

Krystal
Krystal
Real Estate Investor (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Yes, take my money (easily)!

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I am a shopping customer who depends on small businesses to have this means for me to make a purchase. When I see Square for Retail used by a business, I no longer worry if my transaction is confidential, secure, etc. I know that it is from previous experience now and I have no concerns about using this software as a customer.

It's so easy for me as a customer to make a quick purchase from small businesses, which I prefer to support. If they did not have this option, I would not be able to make a purchase when I choose not to carry cash, which is nearly 100% of the time.

I have not found any reason not to like this technology yet.

Marketing Manager (É.-U.)
Automobile, 11-50 employés

Square for Retail

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

The interface is nice and straightforward to use

I did not enjoy order issues and payment issues on the square software. Regularly complications made it difficult to use.

Karla
Leasing Consultant (É.-U.)
Conseil en gestion, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Retail

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

This software is great for entrepreneur in managing money

The least thing I like is the fee to be able to us it

Caleb

Alternatives envisagées :

Square Retail works great but the customer service is terrible

Commentaires : Overall it has been a great tool and finding a better solution has been tough. I have checked numerous POS systems and I end up just staying with square. I wish they would update there new register system like the retail app. I also wish they had better customer service. Without fail every time I have contacted square they say they will have to look further into the situation and contact me back but they never do. It has happen every time I have contacted square.

The software is great to do all transactions, returns and exchanges. I like the fact that it prints a barcode at the bottom of the receipt so when a customer comes back for a return we just scan the bottom of the receipt and the transaction pops right up.

I end up getting the new square register in hope that it would act just like the retail app for the Ipad. The fact is that square won't update the new register. It has no exchange option like the Ipad app does and you end up needing to set up both the Ipad and register. Square has known about this issue for years now. You can see the complaints on the square forum page. Square also does not have a spot for barcodes so you end up having to put your barcodes in the sku spots. The loyalty point system also has some problems. When you do a return it doesn't automatically take points back from the customer account.

Nate
Musique, 2-10 employés

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

Services et installations de loisirs, 2-10 employés

Square for Outdoor Retail Transactions

Commentaires : Square is accessible with a low entry cost and it allows users to get into the point-of-sale with credit cards easily. Per transaction cost is expensive. Now that certain banks offer the same buffering that Square does (at one time, Square was one of only a few), I believe I would have been better off selecting a local bank to work with that has a lower per transaction fee. However, for me, the customer service really is the downfall of Square. While everything is working, all is good. Once a problem arises, it becomes dicey.

If you are in an outdoor recreational type of business, Square works well because it does not require internet to complete a transactions. It's buffering capabiity provides 72 hours of time between a transaction and when it must be connected to the internet to "send" the transaction . This allowed us work near a riverbank where internet was not available and still accept credit cards. This was hugely important.

On one occasion, we had a transaction which billed double on the customer's credit card yet we only received payment once. Her bank directed her to us. Square's customer service was dismal. I ended up just eating the $150 transaction vs. attempting to work with them. Had I used a local bank, I think this would have been resolved with much more ease.

Joshua
Equipment Engineer (É.-U.)

A great and easy way for receiving payments.

I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

Chace
Freelance graphic artist (É.-U.)
Animation, Auto-entrepreneur

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

Commentaires : I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Kristen
Manager (É.-U.)
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés

Easy and efficient

Commentaires : Organizing all products sold, in stock, and custom orders.

I can keep my sales, products, and inventory in one place. No problems every occur when using. Great software which helps me keep our business organized.

I haven't encountered any problems. Everything is working efficiently like it should. It even gives suggestions.

Account Manager (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 11-50 employés

A great tool for any small business

Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Jay
Sales and hires (Australie)
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur

Payments on the go!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Bang for buck this wins hands down and I recommend it for everyone, no more big expensive machines to carry around

Running a hire company, receiving payments on delivery is required on a daily, the square system is amazing can keep in your pocket and works every time. build quality is important it’s been dropped a few times and still works fine, also charge life is awesome, only needs charging every few months!

Fees, but you get fees with any eftpos option, bonus here is no monthly fee

Self Employed (É.-U.)

One Stop, Square for Retail

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Auditing inventory is so easy, you can set alerts to remind you when stock gets low. I can collect money anywhere I am and online. This gets deposited in my bank account within 24 hours usually. The reports are easy for anyone to understand. I can also get a vendor sales report so I can see which of my vendors have the hottest selling items.

I love that I do not need any other applications to manage my payments and inventory. I have everything at my finger tips with this application.

I know some people complain about the service charges. 2.6% plus $.10 per transaction at the time of this review.

Jessica
Director of Operations (É.-U.)

Simple to use, good interface

Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers. They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

Tammy
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Commentaires : Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

Van
Automobile, 2-10 employés

Clean And Easy

Commentaires : Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

Jerry
Matériel informatique, 2-10 employés

Great solution

Inexpensive to buy! Swipers are free and chip readers are only 49.00. Square is easy to use in store or out of store. Processing fees are the lowest I've found anywhere.

Make sure you use a tablet thats fast. Don't buy a cheap tablet of 30.00. pay upward of 75.00 other wise its very slow.

Nathan
Owner/chiropractor (É.-U.)
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur

Great payment processing with little headache

Commentaires : Great. Easy to use with quick payment transfer and straightforward fees.

Easy to implement and can use on multiple devices. Can also accept multiple forms of payment and not restrict clients to only paying cash.

Occasionally have difficulty getting software to connect with internet to process cards and the chip/contactless reader will sometimes not want to connect to the device.

Justin
Admin (É.-U.)
Construction, 2-10 employés

Get Paid Now!

Commentaires : Square has made us more money. We do not have to spend time waiting to be paid anymore. 10/10 recommend.

We love the ease of use for both us and the client. We used to have to wait for payment via check and sometimes we'd have to follow up with clients for months without getting paid. Now when our technicians are wrapped up in the field.. they have the client pay instantly using their mobile phones with card reader. No more waiting for payments!

Square is a great software and clients trust it. There is nothing that is negative about Square. Love it.